We need lane

Advertisement
I don't care. We keep trying to get "program builders" and end up with Shannon, Golden, Richt (I wasn't impressed with what he and Diaz built), and Diaz. I'm kinda sick of program builders. Maybe try a savage HC and see how that goes. I have a feeling that winning will bring just as many recruits as these super duper recruiters will supposedly land.
Exactly. 20 years of builders running the program into the ground. Give me someone who will build us back up and leave it in fantastic shape for the next guy.

I’ll take him or Mario. Big step up from where we’re at. I’d feel a lot better if we hired Jurich and he made the call.

I saw OL coach guru Cristobal have his OL bullied by Utah. I don't think there were any injuries that could serve as excuse. Kiffins OL controlled the LOS against the #7 run D. All that super recruiting doesn't matter if they aren't performing. Both Oregon and Ole Miss were underdogs in their respective games. One took care of business, one got blown out. The choice has always been clear to me.

Advertisement
I saw OL coach guru Cristobal have his OL bullied by Utah. I don't think there were any injuries that could serve as excuse. Kiffins OL controlled the LOS against the #7 run D. All that super recruiting doesn't matter if they aren't performing. Both Oregon and Ole Miss were underdogs in their respective games. One took care of business, one got blown out. The choice has always been clear to me.
I’ll take either but I think it sounds like the biggest commitment will be behind Cristobal given the ties. It’s personal there

I’ll take either but I think it sounds like the biggest commitment will be behind Cristobal given the ties. It’s personal there

If this had been any other season, even after the 10 win season in 2017, I'd be totally fine with the Cristobal hire. But UM has a QB who is having the best start of any QB in the ACC in 15 years. Better than Sunshine, Winston, Watson, and the GOAT Kenny Pickett. The offense is ready to explode. I think TVD would be in the running for a Heisman in Kiffins offense. And Garcia would wait his turn knowing he'd also get Heisman hype. I think UM could do what Oklahoma did for several years in a row and have Heisman QB after Heisman QB. It would be a **** shame to squander TVDs talent and neither Cristobals offense nor his OL (which he's had 4 years to recruit) impress me. This is the window and the right time to hire Kiffin.

Advertisement
If this had been any other season, even after the 10 win season in 2017, I'd be totally fine with the Cristobal hire. But UM has a QB who is having the best start of any QB in the ACC in 15 years. Better than Sunshine, Winston, Watson, and the GOAT Kenny Pickett. The offense is ready to explode. I think TVD would be in the running for a Heisman in Kiffins offense. And Garcia would wait his turn knowing he'd also get Heisman hype. I think UM could do what Oklahoma did for several years in a row and have Heisman QB after Heisman QB. It would be a **** shame to squander TVDs talent and neither Cristobals offense nor his OL (which he's had 4 years to recruit) impress me. This is the window and the right time to hire Kiffin.
I think you captured what a lot of people like about Kiffin. I do think he wins quicker.

Advertisement
He just flexed on a shlt program. But hey, get excited Skippy.
86A8F27D-0040-4DE4-BF14-6321E89DD7A7.jpeg

Advertisement
He just flexed on a shlt program. But hey, get excited Skippy.

I'm sorry your #1 guy got blown out on national tv by a vastly inferior team and for the second time in four years, squandered his chance to make the playoffs. Im not a total hater, he's still an upgrade over what we've had and I won't whine about it the way the pro Mario crowd would whine nonstop if UM hired Kiffin. In my updated rankings I have him at #5 now. Kiffin, Stoops, Aranda, Fickell, Mario in that order. Top 5 is still good.

I think it's clear to anyone who watched football the last two weeks that if you matched up Oregon (which is almost 100% Mario recruits) against this Ole Miss team that, on paper, has significantly less talent, Ole Miss would win and would likely bully Oregon on the LOS even more than Utah did.

I want somebody competent (e.g., Jurich) making the decision between Mario and Kiffin. As long as the right AD is in place, then I’m comfortable with whomever he chooses because both are upgrades.

My biggest concern is that we muck up the AD role and Mario and Lane both say “no.”

Advertisement
Back