We need at a minimum of 50 new players

Advertisement
Flip the channel over to ABC right now...

See what Lincoln has done with mostly an existing roster with a rotten culture...

This isn't only about the roster.

Edit since people aren't reading my later posts:

I know SC took 20 transfers (we took 11)... 9 of theirs are starting... They took 9 commits (HS kids) and we took 15. So they brought in 29 new players and we brought in 26.

that still doesn't explain the difference from what we're seeing at SC vs what we're seeing at Miami.

Definitely explains some of it but there's no doubt the coaching at SC has elevated the entire roster while the coaching at Miami has made our players look even worse.

Fun fact, TCU had a worse record than UM for the last 4 years in a row. Dykes brought in the Air Raid and they are now ranked #4 in the country.
Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement

See what Lincoln has done with mostly an existing roster with a rotten culture...

I know SC took 20 transfers (we took 11)... 9 of theirs are starting... They took 9 commits (HS kids) and we took 15. So they brought in 29 new players and we brought in 26.

that still doesn't explain the difference from what we're seeing at SC vs what we're seeing at Miami.

Definitely explains some of it but there's no doubt the coaching at SC has elevated the entire roster while the coaching at Miami has made our players look even worse.
sure it does. Do you see their QB? He's the most talented dude in CFB.

lmfao.

People on this forum literally just make **** up.

USC had the #1 Transfer Portal class in the nation...20 total new transfers. TWENTY. Including the Biletnikoff winner, Riley's Heisman candidate QB (who is the current Heisman favorite), starting RB from Oregon, other Oklahoma WR that is a starter for them etc. etc.

Look how many transfers are on this depth chart!

They also had 25 players transfer OUT from last year's team to this year.

If you look at the Top 3 teams in the nation in transfer portal rankings from 2022, they are everyone's favorite's this year...USC, Ole Miss, and LSU.

These teams are literally the argument for wanting Mario to overturn as much of the roster as he can, when many people use them as an example of what GOOD COACHING CAN DO...but people do not include the simple fact that they all had incredible roster turnover already.

Um, who wouldn't want to go play for Riley? Do you expect Mario to pull players like Caleb Williams and Addison in the transfer portal? Not happenin captain. Maybe he hires an OC that will command that type of interest. He is on the clock for that. Let's see what he does. We should know pretty soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement

No way you can compare the two situations. Lincoln is an Xs and Os mastermind. Mario is a meathead who is not a schemer or a good game day coach. If Mario doesn’t morph into a Dabo we are ****ed royally

Um, who wouldn't want to go play for Riley? Do you expect Mario to pull players like Caleb Williams and Addison in the transfer portal? Not happenin captain. Maybe he hires an OC that will command that type of interest. He is on the clock for that. Let's see what he does. We should know pretty soon.

Yea we have to consider that. Will our portal additions have the same impact as USC’s? I don’t expect the entire freshmen class to hit the ground running and the transfers will have be players that make plays out the gate.

The difference is their head coach is their OC with an established system and he brought in a potential heisman QB and WR.

We however struck out at OC which derailed our rising QB (although after a year of film TVD’s weaknesses were exposed)

Advertisement
Wherever that evil Doctor Strange was located is the universe where Gattis and dno are OC and dc.

I think we have Richard Gordan returning kicks there too.
James Williams & Ray Ray Armstrong are our starting safeties.

The biggest assistant coach salary pool in the ACC. A massive NIL budget for recruiting and the portal. More support staff jobs than we ever had before. A new locker room.

-

And yet somehow Diaz won 8 games with many of the same guys in a shortened season two years ago and won 5 of his last 6 (including two vs ranked opponents) last year.

-

So the same guys who didn’t quit on Diaz last season quit on Cristobal this year and we’re supposed to believe that somehow makes Cristobal look good?

-

He literally had those same exact things last off-season and failed miserably. What makes you think this go around will be any different?

-

You can look back through the years and this exact same line was used on here for every failed coach we’ve had since Coker. From Shannon to Golden to Diaz. All they needed was time to purge the previous coach’s mistakes and implement their culture.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
that's why keeping Diaz would have been insanity: every time we played a top ten team, we get blown out in quarter one

Advertisement
Back