We need at a minimum of 50 new players

This. SC has like 45 new guys on their roster this year.

It actually raises the OTHER big Mario red flag…why the **** didn’t he make big roster moves earlier??
Gotta believe he got bad intel and/or wanted to give the guys in the locker room a chance. Why? Probably because he knew he has a long contract and didn’t have a short leash…

He’s not on the hot seat but he has to realize he truly fuggged up

Advertisement
The biggest assistant coach salary pool in the ACC. A massive NIL budget for recruiting and the portal. More support staff jobs than we ever had before. A new locker room.
Yup, he f^cked up big time. I never made an excuse for the staff’s inability to put our players in a position to succeed. Multiple staff members need to be fired, and they already have been. But your feeble, underdeveloped mind can’t comprehend that.
And yet somehow Diaz won 8 games with many of the same guys in a shortened season two years ago and won 5 of his last 6 (including two vs ranked opponents) last year.
if you can’t comprehend the fact that the offense is so prehistoric that it causes the defense to have no faith whatsoever and will eventually quit, I don’t know what to tell you. Again, an eight year old could comprehend the fact that one unit will quit if the other unit cannot move the ball for more than ten yards.

If you think for one second that Manny ***az is a better coach that Mario, you literally deserve to be waterboarded. I cannot deal with incompetence and ineptitude that is this board’s unintelligent takes. This lispy f^ck lost to FIU, LA Tech, GT, and his brilliant defense gave up a 4th and 17 to UNC, and a 4th and forever to FSU. Really good coach man, I know you’re into that stuff so why don’t you suck on his ******* just a little bit harder. I heard he likes it rough. His players make up 75% of this roster but yeah, not his fault.
So the same guys who didn’t quit on Diaz last season quit on Cristobal this year and we’re supposed to believe that somehow makes Cristobal look good?
No **** they didn’t quit on Manny you *****^cking scoundrel; he let them do whatever they wanted. Jarren Williams smoking pot til his eyes turned red as the devil’s d!ck? Goes awol all week from practice? Suuuuurre - let’s start him against FIU. He was their best friend - no **** Sherlock - of course they’ll play for his best friend. Dumb *** statement but I don’t expect anything else from you or the usuals on this board.
He literally had those same exact things last off-season and failed miserably. What makes you think this go around will be any different?

Because he quite literally has no choice. The fan base is more than displeased - you’re living under a rock if anyone is ok with this. With the amount of money being spent, he has to make wholesale changes or else he will be run out of this city faster than you can say “oh Kenneth, that’s the spot”
You can look back through the years and this exact same line was used on here for every failed coach we’ve had since Coker. From Shannon to Golden to Diaz. All they needed was time to purge the previous coach’s mistakes and implement their culture.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
Lol ok - Al fatf^ck right tie Golden got 4.5 years. Mark Got 3 and you could tell he was checked out. Manny the lispy politician got 3 years too many but he still got 3. He recruited like **** and left glaring holes at key positions - And you want to can a coach that, after one year, has to clean up a mess that Mr. Buddy Buddy left behind. Portal yourself.

You’re right -the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Which is why he’s firing his OC AND QB Coach (which by the way, is one of his long time friends) after year 1. He’s not a moron - he understands there’s pressure to turn this around and is solving the root of the problem but eradicating this horrendous offensive approach and telling Manure’s crap players to kick rocks.

And if he strikes out at OC again, then we say “that’s two terrible hires, it’s time to question Mario’s future as the head coach of the University of Miami”

You’re a f^cking proper c^nt.

Last edited:
lmfao.

People on this forum literally just make **** up.

USC had the #1 Transfer Portal class in the nation...20 total new transfers. TWENTY. Including the Biletnikoff winner, Riley's Heisman candidate QB (who is the current Heisman favorite), starting RB from Oregon, other Oklahoma WR that is a starter for them etc. etc.

Look how many transfers are on this depth chart!

They also had 25 players transfer OUT from last year's team to this year.

If you look at the Top 3 teams in the nation in transfer portal rankings from 2022, they are everyone's favorite's this year...USC, Ole Miss, and LSU.

These teams are literally the argument for wanting Mario to overturn as much of the roster as he can, when many people use them as an example of what GOOD COACHING CAN DO...but people do not include the simple fact that they all had incredible roster turnover already.
Remember when this board said USC qb was overrated and TVD was better, Guy is about to win the heisman.. LMAOOOOOOO

I know SC took 20 transfers... 9 of them are starting...that still doesn't explain the difference from what we're seeing at SC vs what we're seeing at Miami.

Definitely explains some of it but there's no doubt the coaching at SC has elevated the entire roster while the coaching at Miami has made our players look even worse.

Advertisement
Flip the channel over to ABC right now...

See what Lincoln has done with mostly an existing roster with a rotten culture...

This isn't only about the roster.
30-35 kids left that team. Maybe more. And he brought his QB and star WR in...

Not a realistic comparison

One has to wonder if this thread will suffer the same fate as many others before it and be merged into that mope thread monstrosity.

😭

Friend, you’re a smart guy. There’s absolutely no way you can possibly still defend Cristobal.

He was handed the most resources ever given to a coach here and produced the worst team we’ve fielded in 25 years.
1665535558779.gif

The most concerning part to me was Mario and Gattis thinking they can just fully run that system in year 1. How did they not see we didn’t have the personnel to be that kind of offense? We were a solid offense last year that played an exciting brand of football. Why didn’t they slowly and gradually try and become what they wanted too while still playing up to our strengths? Just seems obvious. Should have been something they tried to build during the year as the season went on. We had a heisman hopeful at QB for Christ sake.

Advertisement
The most concerning part to me was Mario and Gattis thinking they can just fully run that system in year 1. How did they not see we didn’t have the personnel to be that kind of offense? We were a solid offense last year that played an exciting brand of football. Why didn’t they slowly and gradually try and become what they wanted too while still playing up to our strengths? Just seems obvious. Should have been something they tried to build during the year as the season went on. We had a heisman hopeful at QB for Christ sake.
Absolutely. Now he has to overhaul it. He has a chance to make it right, or can repeat the same mistake and teeter on the verge of mutiny.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our LB core still are slow and run up to hit the blocker as the arB runs by them.

Players don’t show up.

It’s on everyone. Well, brilliant really he wins 6 next year to get bowl eligible will point to improvement and an extension.

Need a whole bunch of hard nosed football players. Football players.

Bro what multiverse are you in?! That is not happening, the mental gymnastics people come with
what the **** GIF
I guess you're missing my point..

It's unfair to judge who TVD has become because if Mario/Gattis..

Maybe if he has Lincoln as his coach he'd be the Heisman candidate and if Caleb Williams had Mario/Gattis he'd be the bust.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back