We need a dude at running back

Advertisement
Yeah I know we're all just beaten down but I always look forward to your insightful and humorous commentary and analysis. It's honestly the best thing about this board after a loss but I get it bro. We are stuck! Long live the Bro Style!
Appreciate that!

Can a back improve vision?

Never played RB. Don’t know.
Vision is really a “feel” thing. As if they can feel and find the gaps iin the defense. Most RBs either have it, or they don’t. They can almost see the space opening before it actually opens, and properly read blocks. I’m sure there are probably some drills to help, but imo it’s one of those skills, like speed. Some are great at it, some are not.

Last edited:
Mark Fletcher will be a very good RB for us. He’s a Freshman. He’ll get stronger & may also become a little more explosive. I think he’ll be wrecking fools by the time he’s a Junior. Give it time.

Advertisement
Because I’m not arguing with over reaction generalizations. This fanbase takes a bad performance and equate to that player never being a special player. It’s like players or true freshman can’t improve. “He has no vision” “he’s not special”.

He’s had big moments. He’s ran for 100 yards and carried us. Had game winning TD. He’s still young.

Is a Heisman all acc RB. No, not as a freshman. But to dismiss this kid and say he doesn’t strike any fear in an opponent is epitome of how ridiculous our fanbase is.

UVA TD. No whole. Bounced and broke several tackles for a game wining td

View attachment 265622View attachment 265623

Defenders at each hole and missed tackles forced.
View attachment 265627
View attachment 265626

Break 5 tackles one play.
View attachment 265628
View attachment 265629View attachment 265630

Multiple Broken tackles for a nice gain.
View attachment 265618

Getting a whole thread saying this kid isn’t it. As a true freshman, is something else. Shows me people just type **** on this website to make themselves think they are smart.
You can put me on record. Fletcher will be a good #2 back.

Dmoney and others told us that Fletcher was going to be that guy. Spoiler alert....he's not. His vision stinks. Can't find a hole unless it's right in front of his face and he has this awkward way of running right into defenders. When he gets to the second level, he can't break a tackle or make a guy miss. It looks like he's running in quicksand. He's definitely not striking any fear into our opponents. Hopefully Citizen or Johnson can be the difference maker at rb we sorely lack.
He’s a decent back for what he is my thing was his speed he looks slow and unexplosive. But that’s what the tape showed, he’s a decent player to have. If he had wheels they would of put up a fight for him osu. And when you don’t have that bama or uga offer (full court) then that’s a problem. Those two teams want physical TVD that can run away from people. Same as our butch squads dogs that can break a tackle and night night.

Solid back but not a game breaker. Citizen was supposed to be that guy, but injuries have killed us for what seems forever. Let's hope Riley sticks and we add Lyle
No gamebreaker yet, is what I am hoping for. He has to get faster to be elite.

Advertisement
Dmoney and others told us that Fletcher was going to be that guy. Spoiler alert....he's not. His vision stinks. Can't find a hole unless it's right in front of his face and he has this awkward way of running right into defenders. When he gets to the second level, he can't break a tackle or make a guy miss. It looks like he's running in quicksand. He's definitely not striking any fear into our opponents. Hopefully Citizen or Johnson can be the difference maker at rb we sorely lack.
You are a complete phucking idiot and need to be banned for stupidity. Year after year idiots like you try to tear down our players. Especially young players who are learning and maturing. Some of them are asked to play early.

Yes, his vision wasn't as good as Chenry's, but thst is to be expected for a true freshman.

Where's your rant on Emory? He played with great effort, but he wasn't great. Everyone understands he's playing much earlier than expected, so the expectations match. They should be the same for Fletcher. You should take notice.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Advertisement
Not wrong. Not at all. In fact, 0% wrong. He had a nice game but he's still not a stud, difference maker that is going to scare the other team. Dude has no speed and his vision is still lacking. I was really excited to see him make a couple guys miss yesterday though. Normally he awkwardly just runs into guys at the second level (which he still did on some runs yesterday) but he had a few runs where it looked like he relaxed and was able to make a guy miss and that was encouraging.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back