We need a dude at running back

Advertisement
He’s 6-2 225 with great feet and balance

People keep talking about his speed. Cool. If he was elite speed he would be Adrian Peterson and playing for Alabama

Dude was awesome yesterday

That’s exactly the issue. He was good yesterday. He’s a great dude.

Miami used to have great running backs.

That’s the difference.

That’s the difference.
That’s not why I commented

Obviously we don’t have elite talent. Newsflash. We need “dudes” everywhere. This thing people keep doing stating the obvious is eye roll inducing

If you gotta go out of your way to say things like he “has no speed” “has no vision”

Then you’re just being an *******

The original post and point is spot on though

That’s the difference.

We're almost always on the same page, but we used to be great. We're not anymore, just as basic as it comes. Still may be on the same page.

So while I wish Fletcher had a bit more of this and that, it's a start and I can't fault him in that. I also know his job would be easier if he had more help from the coaches, which is out biggest hole.

He had a great game yesterday, we can all agree on that, I think.

Advertisement
We're almost always on the same page, but we used to be great. We're not anymore, just as basic as it comes. Still may be on the same page.

So while I wish Fletcher had a bit more of this and that, it's a start and I can't fault him in that. I also know his job would be easier if he had more help from the coaches, which is out biggest hole.

He had a great game yesterday, we can all agree on that, I think.
Absolutely on the same page. I really like Fletcher and he has an opportunity to improve, but to your point, we used to be great. I think some are starting to forget what great looks like wearing a Miami uniform...

Absolutely on the same page. I really like Fletcher and he has an opportunity to improve, but to your point, we used to be great. I think some are starting to forget what great looks like wearing a Miami uniform...

****, I'd bet there's quite a number of people here who never saw our great.

He’s a stud. Need more players like him.

At this point of the season, we need to see what we have in Chris Johnson. A back with his speed and this kind of OL can change the scoreboard.

It would've been nice to see if he could get around the outside when it was 1st and goal. Have him sprint to the pylon. That would make too much sense though.

Is he banged up?

Advertisement

At this point of the season, we need to see what we have in Chris Johnson. A back with his speed and this kind of OL can change the scoreboard.
and our LB's. enough is enough with Corey flagg.

Couch shouldn't play another snap either but hes done regardless this year.

That would be the smart decision. Old hard head would rather trot out gimpy Chaney and Parrish instead of potential game changing players

It would've been nice to see if he could get around the outside when it was 1st and goal. Have him sprint to the pylon. That would make too much sense though.

Is he banged up?
Not sure, honestly. He was banged up in camp and wasn’t here for spring, which is why the initial lack of playing time was understandable. But I thought his usage would ramp up around the Georgia Tech game.

Dmoney and others told us that Fletcher was going to be that guy. Spoiler alert....he's not. His vision stinks. Can't find a hole unless it's right in front of his face and he has this awkward way of running right into defenders. When he gets to the second level, he can't break a tackle or make a guy miss. It looks like he's running in quicksand. He's definitely not striking any fear into our opponents. Hopefully Citizen or Johnson can be the difference maker at rb we sorely lack.
The grass beyond is always greener

Advertisement
Fletcher had his best game. Better balance and vision. We do need CJ and Citizen to show up though.

Not wrong. Not at all. In fact, 0% wrong. He had a nice game but he's still not a stud, difference maker that is going to scare the other team. Dude has no speed and his vision is still lacking. I was really excited to see him make a couple guys miss yesterday though. Normally he awkwardly just runs into guys at the second level (which he still did on some runs yesterday) but he had a few runs where it looked like he relaxed and was able to make a guy miss and that was encouraging.
You can not be helped...

He's a freshman that will get stronger and faster plus is still being coached up at the college level. Go back to bed.

Fletcher and Chaney's stats are exactly the same right now:

1700490030422.png

We have above average RB's, with above average stats, on an above average team.

They're plenty good enough to keep to keep the train rolling down the same 7-9 win track we've been on the last 20 years.

Feel free to "want" more all you want, but I see no reason anyone should "expect" more.

Advertisement
I like Fletcher, but I'd also like some speed incorporated. I'm cool with not seeing Chaney or Parrish play much more, not much upside left to be seen there.
Give me Fletcher RB1 with Chris Johnson/Citizen sprinkled in to see what we have there.

Dmoney and others told us that Fletcher was going to be that guy. Spoiler alert....he's not. His vision stinks. Can't find a hole unless it's right in front of his face and he has this awkward way of running right into defenders. When he gets to the second level, he can't break a tackle or make a guy miss. It looks like he's running in quicksand. He's definitely not striking any fear into our opponents. Hopefully Citizen or Johnson can be the difference maker at rb we sorely lack.
Wow! Fletcher was a dud as a recruit and wanted badly by the cans but now no more. Great! Please give me the next new thing.

Advertisement
Back