We just got a lil thinner

This all makes sense to me. UM will suspend him indefinitely and ask the NCAA to recommend a punishment. The same thing happened with Jacory and some of the guys I loved with Shapiro. Now I'm not saying this is even close to the Shapiro case, but the procedures would be the same for any level of impermissible benefits. Richt dealt with the same thing with AJ Green.

It's standard procedure. Jacory wasn't kick out of practice. He miss some time to talk to investigators, but he practice with the 1's all thru camp.

Advertisement
the fact that there is no disciplinary hearing is BAD, bc it means it has nothing to do with university rules, rather it is a ncaa compliance issue, so dont get excited about james' statement.

I'm pretty sure I've tried to tell yall all along its specifically a compliance thing which means it's dealing specifically with eligibility. Too many people wanna grasp for straws not understanding what's going on...

It's not grasping at straws to confirm what you've said through an official, on the record source.

Too many people wanna feel special because they've got info on a situation, instead of recognizing public confirmation of what they've been saying.

Myself I definitely don't wanna feel special. I've been at the point I realize I should've simply kept this to myself. That's why I'm not giving updates. All I was saying in relations to this is people aren't comprehending the situation & because of that aren't asking the right questions. But you're right so I'll just Finally shut up & keep whatever to myself that's not a simple opinion. Next week well all get a resolution. At that point you can finally get a public resolution from something that at this point unfortunately simply isn't public.
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] I think most here understand the issue here. I think the right question to ask is..... How likely is it that the NCAA grants Jermaine his reinstatement? Is it likely he is gone? Or is a 3-5 game suspension more likely?

This is the sort of stuff no one knows. Dee hooked us up with the scoop that he's in trouble. We need to see what punishment the NCAA deems fit for the crimes.

Myself I definitely don't wanna feel special. I've been at the point I realize I should've simply kept this to myself. That's why I'm not giving updates. All I was saying in relations to this is people aren't comprehending the situation & because of that aren't asking the right questions. But you're right so I'll just Finally shut up & keep whatever to myself that's not a simple opinion. Next week well all get a resolution. At that point you can finally get a public resolution from something that at this point unfortunately simply isn't public.
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] I think most here understand the issue here. I think the right question to ask is..... How likely is it that the NCAA grants Jermaine his reinstatement? Is it likely he is gone? Or is a 3-5 game suspension more likely?

That I honestly don't know. All I know is to begin with its indefinite ONLY BECAUSE COMPLIANCE WANTS TO HANDLE THIS IN A VERY EXTREME WAY. we can thank Craig Anderson for that
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] If I understand you correctly and have been able to read between the lines, my guess is that eventually, Richt will fight for Jermaine even after being told to stay out of it. That is assuming that Jermaine was 100% truthful with Richt from the beginning.

I am also inclined to share LuCanes view of the situation when compared to the Tunsil case at Ole Miss where Tunsil who was guilty of much more than Jermaine received a 7 game suspension. I am hoping for a 3 game suspension. 4 games at the most. However it should be pointed out that the Tunsil situation isn't necessarily the type of precedent we should be guided by since Ole Miss is in the SEC there seems to be a different set of rules when it comes to them.

One more thing...The gerbil in the *** retort was epic! Very well played sir.

Here's the problem. You guys wanna keep comparing us to other situations. #1 I may be wrong but I don't believe ole miss was on probation. We certainly are. Also when setting this standard you have to be aware of the violations severity itself. I know you're not gonna like this answer but all I'm gonna say is you guys aren't even close to having the full story.it's not as cut & dry as you'd like to believe. In the big picture, yes this is petty no matter how extreme. The world of college football recruiting & agents promises is a big nasty world were it's going down on a huge scale daily... from that point of view this **** is petty. But in saying that you have to realize this isn't the ncaa that did this or is doing this to us. It's Craig Anderson & our compliance department who is recommending punishments & then sending it to an unaware ncaa. There is no scape goat in place.it just is what it is. Lastly yes I believe ultimately richt will have to show his hand in this because he is a great Coach & he's been through all this & more. To him I know this is far too long & drawn out. So yes I believe he'll fight for his kids that keep it real with him.

You might think the NCAA is "unaware" but this story has been very public for a long time now. So even if the NCAA isn't following the story there are plenty of rats out there who will be happy to clue the NCAA in if UM tries to sweep it under the rug.

If you're going to blame anyone blame the dummies who did such flagrant easily traceable "crimes" and then blame them again for getting chicks involved. If you're going to take stuff be smart enough to just make it cash. Start showing out in exotic cars, and you're basically a moron asking to get got.

That I honestly don't know. All I know is to begin with its indefinite ONLY BECAUSE COMPLIANCE WANTS TO HANDLE THIS IN A VERY EXTREME WAY. we can thank Craig Anderson for that
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] If I understand you correctly and have been able to read between the lines, my guess is that eventually, Richt will fight for Jermaine even after being told to stay out of it. That is assuming that Jermaine was 100% truthful with Richt from the beginning.

I am also inclined to share LuCanes view of the situation when compared to the Tunsil case at Ole Miss where Tunsil who was guilty of much more than Jermaine received a 7 game suspension. I am hoping for a 3 game suspension. 4 games at the most. However it should be pointed out that the Tunsil situation isn't necessarily the type of precedent we should be guided by since Ole Miss is in the SEC there seems to be a different set of rules when it comes to them.

Here's the problem. You guys wanna keep comparing us to other situations. #1 I may be wrong but I don't believe ole miss was on probation. We certainly are. Also when setting this standard you have to be aware of the violations severity itself. I know you're not gonna like this answer but all I'm gonna say is you guys aren't even close to having the full story.it's not as cut & dry as you'd like to believe. In the big picture, yes this is petty no matter how extreme. The world of college football recruiting & agents promises is a big nasty world were it's going down on a huge scale daily... from that point of view this **** is petty. But in saying that you have to realize this isn't the ncaa that did this or is doing this to us. It's Craig Anderson & our compliance department who is recommending punishments & then sending it to an unaware ncaa. There is no scape goat in place.it just is what it is. Lastly yes I believe ultimately richt will have to show his hand in this because he is a great Coach & he's been through all this & more. To him I know this is far too long & drawn out. So yes I believe he'll fight for his kids that keep it real with him.

You might think the NCAA is "unaware" but this story has been very public for a long time now. So even if the NCAA isn't following the story there are plenty of rats out there who will be happy to clue the NCAA in if UM tries to sweep it under the rug.

If you're going to blame anyone blame the dummies who did such flagrant easily traceable "crimes" and then blame them again for getting chicks involved. If you're going to take stuff be smart enough to just make it cash. Start showing out in exotic cars, and you're basically a moron asking to get got.

exactly. Toolbox would never do something stupid like this. So versatile.

The decision hasn't been made yet...its that simple. I'm sure he has heard how severe things will be for Grace based on what he has done. Why are you grasping at straws like this? Just await the outcome and stop trying to discredit everything the dude says. It will all come out soon. I for one have seen the Brooklyn has been a reliable source in the past. So just let it play out.

On top of that...why would you not let him practice until he is suspended? As a coach you would have to be an idiot to sit him out unless he absolutely has to. He still needs to get better for when the time comes that he is reinstated...regardless of how long that will be.

If the decision hasn't been made, this guy couldn't possibly know what is going to happen. It just feels like he is reacting to some information he's received, and assuming the worst possible outcome will happen. If he knows that Grace will be suspended indefinitely then, Richt certainly knows, and there is no way Richt continues to give 1st team reps to a guy who is going to miss a significant part of the season. We'd have to believe that Richt lacks common sense in order to believe this guy's story.

Is it that crazy to think that he possibly has a strong read on the situation to determine that there is a huge percentage chance that Grace will be suspended indefinitely? Is that possible? If you answered to yourself "yes its possible" then please stop arguing for no reason. If you answered "no its not possible" then please let me know so I can put you on ignore.

Relax, you act like I'm being a **** to the dude like others ITT. I'm simply applying logic to question his story. It doesn't add up. The guy has said definitively that Grace will be suspended indefinitely. He didn't say there is a chance or a strong chance, he said it WILL happen. If that's true then, we would also have to believe that Richt is giving 1st team reps to a kid he knows isn't going to play. That simply doesn't make sense and constitutes a major hole in this guy's story.

Maybe the dude is 100% right. If so, this will be the first reason to doubt Richt's coaching decisions, because if Grace isn't going to play, he shouldn't be sniffing 1st team reps.

He should absolutely be sniffing first team reps. RIGHT NOW, Miami is in the INSTALLATION part of training camp. They are running plays that they installed in the spring, and introducing new plays every day. Richt would be foolish to sit out a key member of his team or not get him quality reps when he doesn't know how long his suspension will be. A week to 10 days is when teams usually start game-planning for the opener. That's when Grace and AQM, and any other player that is facing a suspension will have their reps cut.

Every coach in American does it that way.

If Richt knows he's not going to have him for multiple games at minimum, others should be getting the 1st team reps, period.

Advertisement

Trust me chise,I agree 100% it's on the kids & I know Anderson has a job to do. I personally just wish he didn't relish in it so much. By saying the ncaa is unaware I simply mean they don't know the details because they haven't conducted an investigation of their own. I'm just praying this is ended before it gets worse. Cause that's the direction it's headed.

Trust me chise,I agree 100% it's on the kids & I know Anderson has a job to do. I personally just wish he didn't relish in it so much. By saying the ncaa is unaware I simply mean they don't know the details because they haven't conducted an investigation of their own. I'm just praying this is ended before it gets worse. Cause that's the direction it's headed.

You know, it was nice that you shared what you know.
But you keep inferring there is more to this.
I respectfully think this may be a good time for you to step away from the keyboard.
You don't know who reads this site -- I'm betting a good number of rats and vermin who would
love to stick it to UM.
You don't help with your posts.

Advertisement
Brooklyndee just leave it alone,whatever happens in the next week happens honestly

It is clear that anyone who comes here with even a semblance of bad or negative news - true or not- is going to get jumped on endlessly. I for one appreciate being in on the loop and getting updated with this, I would just ignore the people who can't tolerate a hint of bad news and continue to report it. Hopefully this episode has not discouraged you from bringing us information in the future.

Oh Lawd, all dis sh*t come down just when I thought we back.

It never fails does it? You can bet that next august will be something similar. Sometimes I wonder if it's really worth it to invest so much passion and emotion into this program. There are just so many in the college football establishment that don't want us to ever be back. In the end though I always come back to the reality that The Canes are in my blood and there is not one program I would rather follow and be a fan of. Being a Hurricane is something special. This program is special which is why it's hard even for me to articulate just how insanely frustrating it is to go through the lows and situations such as this.

Jermaine Grace, a senior, team captain(I believe) and arguably our best defensive player who fought through the abomination of a scheme that Fat Al ran and was/is poised to have a monster year in an attacking scheme best suited for his talents may be in jeopardy of losing his eligibility because of a rental car. Meanwhile kids all across the country and especially in the SEC are flat out gifted cars in plain view of anyone paying attention, while posting pictures of stacks of cash on Instagram and so on.

I wish Jermaine the best and hope he gets to participate in most of the games this year that the same time he should have known better and if he gets dismissed it would be nobody's fault but his. I think the way to go here is to hope for the best possible outcome while fully accepting that he may indeed be gone. We have plenty of guys capable of stepping up and we will overcome this.

And one more thing...........Whatever the outcome is, Coach Richt needs to don his black cloak and sickle and make sure this ***** Anderson takes the pellets. All while taking a flamethrower to the entire over enthusiastic compliance department.

Last edited:
Oh Lawd, all dis sh*t come down just when I thought we back.

It never fails does it? You can bet that next august will be something similar. Sometimes I wonder if it's really worth it to invest so much passion and emotion into this program. There are just so many in the college football establishment that don't want us to ever be back. In the end though I always come back to the reality that The Canes are in my blood and there is not one program I would rather follow and be a fan of. Being a Hurricane is something special. This program is special which is why it's hard even for me to articulate just how insanely frustrating it is to go through the lows and situations such as this.

Jermaine Grace, a senior, team captain(I believe) and arguably our best defensive player who fought through the abomination of a scheme that Fat Al ran and was/is poised to have a monster year in an attacking scheme best suited for his talents may be in jeopardy of losing his eligibility because of a rental car. Meanwhile kids all across the country and especially in the SEC are flat out gifted cars in plain view of anyone paying attention, while posting pictures of stacks of cash on Instagram and so on.

I wish Jermaine the best and hope he gets to participate in most of the games this year that the same time he should have known better and if he gets dismissed it would be nobody's fault but his. I think the way to go here is to hope for the best possible outcome while fully accepting that he may indeed be gone. We have plenty of guys capable of stepping up and we will overcome this.

And one more thing...........Whatever the outcome is, Coach Richt needs to don his black cloak and sickle and make sure this ***** Anderson takes the pellets. All while taking a flamethrower to the entire over enthusiastic compliance department.

Marky Mark Emmert and his NCAA Funky Bunch are politicians of the highest order, on the take to the highest bidder; normally state institutions where taxpayers take care of physical plant, provide a defacto bailout source for their pension funds, and who (or their children through loans) pay "activity fees" which help bankroll athletic departments (the contention that boosters are funding all athletic activities at big state U is a lie repeated to keep the non-NCAA politicians in office).

This subject keeps coming up and if the private schools don't do anything, it is not a question of if, but when, they can no longer compete in FBS:
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/ot-unc-ncaa/100465#post2579268

Advertisement
I think this thread needs to be deleted

Good info, but others might be reading this board (folks who shouldn't see it and could damage the U)

The info provided is appreciated.

It's the editorializing and projecting what MIGHT happen that is troublesome. While I don't doubt the sincerity of the OP with the original info, and appreciate it, the outcome is still in doubt, as the OP would agree.

Therefore, it's the speculation of worse case scenarios, as if it's already a given, that is somewhat out of line.

Nobody knows the outcome.

So why act as if the worst will happen?

Advertisement
It is clear that anyone who comes here with even a semblance of bad or negative news - true or not- is going to get jumped on endlessly. I for one appreciate being in on the loop and getting updated with this, I would just ignore the people who can't tolerate a hint of bad news and continue to report it. Hopefully this episode has not discouraged you from bringing us information in the future.

It depends what kind of bad news you're talking about.
Stuff about player injuries, players or coaches leaving, unhappy,etc is one thing.
Sharing information that may have NCAA implications, that may or may not be of public domain, is not
a good idea.
In fact, it is potentially reckless, especially on this board where we have antiUM rats and vermin, including
fake UM fans, trolls, media folks looking for tips and even dumass fellow fans who run to other sites to share
this because they want to garner attention as an "insider".
We don't need to know everything about this program and for the folks who disagree, especially the dimwit
who downvoted my previous post, get a life.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back