We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

Advertisement
We have been asking for two things in an OC for years: Pace and Space.

If Lashlee is the guy, we’re getting both. That should make people happy.

And you all have to keep in mind that this is a win-win situation for UM. If Lashlee is a God, then we have a good season next year. If Lashlee is lackluster, then Manure is as good as gone.

Advertisement
If it is Lashlee, I feel like we're in for a really entertaining year no matter what happens. We will enter the season with so many story lines, it's ridiculous! I am actually getting excited for the season already, but more for the entertainment value and less from the "This is gunna be our year!!" standpoint.

We have been asking for two things in an OC for years: Pace and Space.

If Lashlee is the guy, we’re getting both. That should make people happy.

And you all have to keep in mind that this is a win-win situation for UM. If Lashlee is a God, then we have a good season next year. If Lashlee is lackluster, then Manure is as good as gone.
This here! It really is a win-win scenario and since I am the eternal optimist, I lean toward a fun season.

Advertisement
Canesport just said Lashlee is emerging
It’s Malzahns offense. As someone who has watched A lot of Auburn games, I’m not a fan. It’s very gimmicky. WR disappear in that offense. It’s actually very run heavy which is good for our RB. It will be very fast and up tempo. If we don’t get 1st downs our defense will be dead tired but the 4th quarter.

It will be interesting if he does get the job.

He doesn’t run Malzahns offense, he uses some of his concepts but he’s not as run heavy and has a lot more use of smash concepts with way more advanced route concepts/ combinations . This is why him and gus were bumping heads. He wanted to venture out and run more of his own stuff and Gus wanted his stuff.

This is why they just agreed to go their separate ways, Gus wanted his offense and Lashlee wanted more control to do his own thing. Hence why he took a worse job making less money , Rather than keeping oc title and having no control.

I’ve always been a big Gus fan going back to Ark but smu’s offense didn’t look much like his o. It’s more Sullivan , Dykes and Gus mixed.

Nothing “ gimmicy “ about it .

Here’s some breakdowns

Last edited:
Him turning around UConn In one season up 40 something spots is very big In my eyes

Means he knows exactly what he wants to do and isn’t trying to get too flashy like enos was with his 7 page Wrist brackets our **** QBs trotted out with

Icing on the cake is his production at SMU with next to zero talent... toss in they got a decent QB (not great by any means) the transfer from Texas and they took off

Advertisement
It’s Malzahns offense. As someone who has watched A lot of Auburn games, I’m not a fan. It’s very gimmicky. WR disappear in that offense. It’s actually very run heavy which is good for our RB. It will be very fast and up tempo. If we don’t get 1st downs our defense will be dead tired but the 4th quarter.

12th in nation in first downs offense and 13th in passing offense.

He doesn’t run Malzahns offense, he uses some of his concepts but he’s not as run heavy and has a lot more use of smash concepts with way more advanced route concepts/ combinations . This is why him and gus were bumping heads. He wanted to venture out and run more of his Ian stuff and Gus wanted his stuff.

This is why they just agreed to go their separate ways, Gus wanted his offense and Lashlee wanted more control to do his own thing. Hence why he took a worse job making less money , Rather than keeping oc title and having no control.

I’ve always been a big Gus fan going back to Ark but smu’s offense didn’t look much like his o. It’s more Sullivan , Dykes and Gus mixed.

Nothing “ gimmicy “ about it .

Here’s some breakdowns

Good! Let's get this done and move on with things. Again, this isn't my preferred overall direction, but since the BOT's lack the will to make a bold move and get a dynamic HC, then let's get Lashlee, win the Coastal and get 10 wins.

Advertisement

The WRs didn't disappear at SMU this year.

They had 2 stud WRs. In 7 games before getting hurt, Reggie Roberson, who was probably playing better of the 2 early in the season, had 43/803/8 (18.3 per).

The other guy was James Proche, who finished the season with 111/1225/15.

Those are gaudy numbers that don't indicate any WRs are disappearing.

This is new news though

@Mackmiller974 no it's not. he has been interviewed twice already thus the thread below but I didn't specifically say it cause I didn't want to get negged and get an infraction and then ask why and the mods not be able to explain why I got an infraction

Last edited:
I said I didn't think Lashlee would be a good choice on another thread and some dude said he wanted to sodomize me.

Gleeson
Brady
Yost

After that, I'll need convincing.

Advertisement
Back