We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

Yes, two sets of twins!
That's wild

SMU had a great season and they were exciting. They were one of the first teams to buy a machine called "The Seeker," which is basically a jugs machine on steroids. Can put it on the outside shoulder 45 yards down the field, for example, if they want to practice that. All of a sudden their WRs flourished.

As for stats, SMU ranked 80th of 130 in rush percentage and right around 50%. But they were 35th in rush attempts per game (41), because they were 3rd in the nation at plays per game (81).

Creative pass attack, plays fast, 40 rush attempts per game. At this point I have no opinion one way or the other, but he checks a lot of the boxes.

First time I've heard of this thing. Cool stuff

Advertisement
SMU had a great season and they were exciting. They were one of the first teams to buy a machine called "The Seeker," which is basically a jugs machine on steroids. Can put it on the outside shoulder 45 yards down the field, for example, if they want to practice that. All of a sudden their WRs flourished.

As for stats, SMU ranked 80th of 130 in rush percentage and right around 50%. But they were 35th in rush attempts per game (41), because they were 3rd in the nation at plays per game (81).

Creative pass attack, plays fast, 40 rush attempts per game. At this point I have no opinion one way or the other, but he checks a lot of the boxes.

It’s Malzahns offense. As someone who has watched A lot of Auburn games, I’m not a fan. It’s very gimmicky. WR disappear in that offense. It’s actually very run heavy which is good for our RB. It will be very fast and up tempo. If we don’t get 1st downs our defense will be dead tired but the 4th quarter.

It will be interesting if he does get the job.

Advertisement
If this dude put up major numbers against Temple with SMU players, is it safe to assume we should expect no less than 40 points against Temple in our opener next year?

Guy had a top 10 offense this year

Don't let that fool you though. Why look at the entire season to come to any conclusion when you can come to another conclusion based on one game? CIS logix and analysis requires efficiency and laser-like focus of thought.

It’s Malzahns offense. As someone who has watched A lot of Auburn games, I’m not a fan. It’s very gimmicky. WR disappear in that offense. It’s actually very run heavy which is good for our RB. It will be very fast and up tempo. If we don’t get 1st downs our defense will be dead tired but the 4th quarter.

It will be interesting if he does get the job.

Not getting first downs now.

Advertisement
It’s because there is not a single hire Manny has made that was innovative or forward thinking.

It’s like we are in slow motion ready to fall off the cliff with no one willing to hit the brakes... there is so much disfunction at the top it reminds me of the Gase, Aponte Tannenbaum power struggle **** show, unfortunately we have a BOT instead of one owner
Or the Browns

You all kill me, lol. Beggars can’t be choosers, fellas. As I’ve already said, we can pick apart all of these candidates..even Brady if we wanted to. I’ve yet to see one poster name a realistic candidate that someone didn’t criticize/dislike. Lashlee has proven more than enough IMO. He is more than competent and scheme wise is exactly what we have been screaming for for the past 5+ years. We can do a lot worse, JMO, carry on. Now with all of that being said, watch him not even be the guy.

Watch some of the tempo spread teams we were never one of them.

I suggest you take your own advice go back and look at our offense. did we run tempo every play no but we ran it a lot under Richt. You know there are different styles and variations to spread offenses. You lying to your self if you think we didn't Run a RPO based Spread offense. You just in denial and don't want to call it that because it didn't work like you wanted or expected.

And I'm for trying another spread OC now, but I'm not going to lie to fit a narrative like we didn't just have one under Richt. Spread is not the only answer to why we not winning like we should, there is more to the equation.

Advertisement
That is all for now.
BOOOOOOO
tenor (17).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back