WE HAVE THE BEST WR CORE IN THE COUNTRY

SO WHO HAS THE BEST WR CORE IN THE COUNTRY? I'LL WAIT

The following teams have better WR corps than us...

UF
OSU
Alabama
Washington
Syracuse
Penn State
Clemson
Oklahoma
Washington State
LSU
USC

Probably a few more. We have a bunch of average CFB WR's with the exception of Richards. Teams up and down CFB have guys just like we do. We simply do not have an impressive group of athlete at the WR spot. The only 3 with any speed are Richards, Thomas, and Harley. 2 of the 3 are freshman....
Uf? I laughed

Advertisement
LOL the homerism is starting to get to me lately I agree with rok.. We're a good team but we don't have the best of anything and to say otherwise is extremely shortsighted.

No more homer stuff on here. I come here to hear why we stink and why everyone else is so much better.

I'm not a homer because I think there are a dozen teams with better WR corps. I just can't name them or provide any legitimate basis for my opinion. But, by golly, you will respect me as an unbiased fan even though there is no such thing in reality.

Advertisement
Okie state has 3 guys that consistently each get 100 yds. I'd def put us up there with a healthy Richards. Cuse is just too heavy with those 2.

The emergence of BB and Langham has been huge. Along with Richards that gives us a nice group of 3. I love em.

It's ok to love our guys and still realize there are good players elsewhere too.

UF
OSU
Alabama
Washington
Syracuse
Penn State
Clemson
Oklahoma
Washington State
LSU
USC

Probably a few more. We have a bunch of average CFB WR's with the exception of Richards. Teams up and down CFB have guys just like we do. We simply do not have an impressive group of athlete at the WR spot. The only 3 with any speed are Richards, Thomas, and Harley. 2 of the 3 are freshman....

L
O
L

if i didnt already know better about shadow, i might actually waste my time responding to that **** he wrote.

Advertisement
Pretty homerish thing to say but I love our top three of Richards, Berrios, Langham.

Nobody else has proven they're any good.

So nobody else has proven they're any good??

Aside from Langham, Berrios, Richards? No.

Thomas, Mullins, Harley, Cager, Harris have flashed but are still inconsistent.

Seriously how many footballs are being thrown at the same time? What other schools have enough opportunity for their 4th 5th and 6th best wrs to make plays consistently or at all??

Jeff Thomas, Mike Harley, Dionte Mullins, Lawrence Cager, and Dayall Harris are as good as it gets in terms of a second and 3rd group behind the top 3.

Our guys are pretty **** good. They could stand to be a bit more consistent though. And could somebody show Cager and Langham how to beat press coverage for inside position on slant routes? We have to lead the nation in five yard passes broken up by dbs.

UF
OSU
Alabama
Washington
Syracuse
Penn State
Clemson
Oklahoma
Washington State
LSU
USC

L
O
L

if i didnt already know better about shadow, i might actually waste my time responding to that **** he wrote.

I don't know anything about him other than he knows nothing about WRs. This motherfcker just put UF in front of us at WR.

No, not even close.

#82 is the only elite WR we have. Overall we lack speed, athleticism, and play makers at the WR spot. It's getting better, but not yet. CMR is recruiting the type of athletes we need.

While I don't agree we have the best WR group in the country, this statement is patently absurd seeing as it was a WR in our last 3 games that either broke the game open (AR vs Duke) or made the big plays to win the game. We don't lack speed, athleticism or play makers; we lack consistency

Advertisement

UF
OSU
Alabama
Washington
Syracuse
Penn State
Clemson
Oklahoma
Washington State
LSU
USC

L
O
L

Calloway was rated as the #5 or so WR in the 2018 NFL draft. He is suspended so I'd probably take UF off that list in retrospect.

Advertisement
We have a good team, a couple of elite players at different positions. One at WR who has barely played. It’s ok to think that we have a good team and a solid group of WRs without proclaiming them the best in college football.

Obviously it depends on how you measure who is the “best” group. We have to have some method to make it somewhat objective. Do you use production this year? If so, we are not the best. Rankings out of highschool? Not the best. What criteria could you possibly use that would make our group the absolute best?

We have a solid group and I’m proud of them, that doesn’t mean I have to resort to ridiculous hyperbole.

I would be willing to bet that no one on the staff feels the same as OP.

Nope. We're the best.

We have the best QB in the ACC, best WRs, best DL (all of whom are going to be first round picks in 2018, including DJack), the best LB corpse in the country, Dean is better than Elder, Amari is better than Jamal, Delaney is a first round pick, we're the fastest team in the country, with the best S&C, the best coaching staff, the best stadium, the best fans, in the best city, with the best fight song, and we have the best mascot.

LOL, This is the BEST!

No, not even close.

[URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=82]#82 [/URL] is the only elite WR we have. Overall we lack speed, athleticism, and play makers at the WR spot. It's getting better, but not yet. CMR is recruiting the type of athletes we need.

While I don't agree we have the best WR group in the country, this statement is patently absurd seeing as it was a WR in our last 3 games that either broke the game open (AR vs Duke) or made the big plays to win the game. We don't lack speed, athleticism or play makers; we lack consistency

CMR himself was saying on many occasions last year that we lack speed at the WR spot and don't have guys that scare the defense. That's gotten better with the emergence of #82 and the freshman this year, but I am just pointing out that we still have a little way to go before we have an abundance of weapons that scare a defense.

Fast forward to 2018 and we will be about where we need to be given what's coming in this recruiting cycle.

Unfortunately IMO Golden turned us into a slow, unathletic Cane team and it's gonna take a little while to get back to leading CFB in the speed/athlete department.

The future is so bright but we are just not quite there yet IMO. I'm enjoying watching these canes fight and scrap for W's right now.

Advertisement
Back