WE HAVE THE BEST WR CORE IN THE COUNTRY

Advertisement
Based on What? Their ranking coming out of High School?
Except for Langham, Berrios, & Richards and if you include Herndon what have the other WR's done?
Do we have the potential to be one of the top WR corp's in the country? Absolutely, but the others still have long ways to go

Well Berrios is a mid season all-american & Richards is better & Langham would be most teams #1 . So yeah I'd have to agree. Unlike the cool guys that love to downplay us to sound smart.

Well Berrios is a mid season all-american & Richards is better & Langham would be most teams #1 . So yeah I'd have to agree. Unlike the cool guys that love to downplay us to sound smart.

oh jesus ******* christ!

Advertisement
For you homers:

do you guys think Steve Ishmael would start here?

I’m not a homer like most clowns on here but he definitely would start here opposite of Richards.

Slightly off topic, but another player I think would start here is Anthony Miller from Memphis

3252-630bFr.jpg

SO WHO HAS THE BEST WR CORE IN THE COUNTRY? I'LL WAIT

This year? Ok state probably

Next year we will defintiely be at or a couple spots away from the top
Richards
Thomas
Pope
Langham
Hightower
Mullins
Harley
Wiggins
Njoku
Cager

Advertisement

The following teams have better WR corps than us...

UF
OSU
Alabama
Washington
Syracuse
Penn State
Clemson
Oklahoma
Washington State
LSU
USC

Probably a few more. We have a bunch of average CFB WR's with the exception of Richards. Teams up and down CFB have guys just like we do. We simply do not have an impressive group of athlete at the WR spot. The only 3 with any speed are Richards, Thomas, and Harley. 2 of the 3 are freshman....

Last edited:
Our players are terrible. It's absurd to have the opinion that we might have the best WR corps in the country. Stop saying good things about UM, and find some other team to prop up.

The following teams have better WR corps than us...

UF
OSU
Alabama
Washington
Syracuse
Penn State
Clemson
Oklahoma
Washington State
LSU
USC

Probably a few more. We have a bunch of average CFB WR's with the exception of Richards. Teams up and down CFB have guys just like we do. We simply do not have an impressive group of athlete at the WR spot. The only 3 with any speed are Richards, Thomas, and Harley. 2 of the 3 are freshman....

L
O
L

Our players are terrible. It's absurd to have the opinion that we might have the best WR corps in the country. Stop saying good things about UM, and find some other team to prop up.

That has nothing to do with it. Smart fans will be able to separate the two subjects. You call out posters on here all the time and don't flinch while doing it.

Why now with the care and concern of such statements?

Advertisement

Our players are fine, and I'm generally fine with lauding our players/program but the leaps some people make are enough to make one's blood boil.

Mullins dropped a touchdown pass against GT
Harley dropped a TD last week, has struggled with drops all year
Cager hasn't gotten it going
Harris has been suspended
Richards has played in two games
Langham has been a pleasant surprise
Thomas finally made a big play
Berrios has played very well

But these blanket homer statements (similar to the claim that we'd have a top 5 defense despite losing four DBs to the NFL) kind of grind my gears. It's one thing to be supportive of our team and players but do so with some decency and tact. Jesus.

Advertisement
We have a good team, a couple of elite players at different positions. One at WR who has barely played. It’s ok to think that we have a good team and a solid group of WRs without proclaiming them the best in college football.

Obviously it depends on how you measure who is the “best” group. We have to have some method to make it somewhat objective. Do you use production this year? If so, we are not the best. Rankings out of highschool? Not the best. What criteria could you possibly use that would make our group the absolute best?

We have a solid group and I’m proud of them, that doesn’t mean I have to resort to ridiculous hyperbole.

I would be willing to bet that no one on the staff feels the same as OP.

We have a good team, a couple of elite players at different positions. One at WR who has barely played. It’s ok to think that we have a good team and a solid group of WRs without proclaiming them the best in college football.

Obviously it depends on how you measure who is the “best” group. We have to have some method to make it somewhat objective. Do you use production this year? If so, we are not the best. Rankings out of highschool? Not the best. What criteria could you possibly use that would make our group the absolute best?

We have a solid group and I’m proud of them, that doesn’t mean I have to resort to ridiculous hyperbole.

I would be willing to bet that no one on the staff feels the same as OP.

Nope. We're the best.

We have the best QB in the ACC, best WRs, best DL (all of whom are going to be first round picks in 2018, including DJack), the best LB corpse in the country, Dean is better than Elder, Amari is better than Jamal, Delaney is a first round pick, we're the fastest team in the country, with the best S&C, the best coaching staff, the best stadium, the best fans, in the best city, with the best fight song, and we have the best mascot.

Advertisement
Back