We have improved from crap back to mediocrity… (and it'll save BJ & MD)

Smart man…..but Blake has put himself in a no win situation. The focus was on manny leading up to NC State, then Blake opened his mouth and took all the focus and put it on himself. Manny became the sympathetic character , then he won a few games. If I were betting I‘d put everything I own on Blake not being the AD next year. I’ve never backed off that.

Manny on the other hand needs the miracle run to continue and Mario not be interested. He’s been playing with house money since NC State.
Have you heard anything new about which way Mario is leaving regarding the Miami job?

Advertisement
Smart man…..but Blake has put himself in a no win situation. The focus was on manny leading up to NC State, then Blake opened his mouth and took all the focus and put it on himself. Manny became the sympathetic character , then he won a few games. If I were betting I‘d put everything I own on Blake not being the AD next year. I’ve never backed off that.

Manny on the other hand needs the miracle run to continue and Mario not be interested. He’s been playing with house money since NC State.
@Cribby Im assuming they’ve already reached out to Mario, you think he’ll have interest?

That was bad, but I also still cannot believe we hired a search firm that ultimately recommended we promote a coach (Shannon) from same regime of the head coach they just fired. This administration is just painfully bad at coaching searches. They got somewhat lucky when Richt fell into their laps.
I believe they just give the AD a list of 3 finalists, and not a single recommendation

@Cribby Im assuming they’ve already reached out to Mario, you think he’ll have interest?
I think he’d listen for sure. Some people close to him think he’d come and others say no. As of today I have no clue but I don’t think it’s a slam dunk like some folks do. The process three years ago ruffled some feathers. It’ll take money and a plan to get it done. Btw this is just my opinion based on things I hear. I do know Oregon isn’t concerned, they seem confident, whatever that’s worth.

I think he’d listen for sure. Some people close to him think he’d come and others say no. As of today I have no clue but I don’t think it’s a slam dunk like some folks do. The process three years ago ruffled some feathers. It’ll take money and a plan to get it done. Btw this is just my opinion based on things I hear. I do know Oregon isn’t concerned, they seem confident, whatever that’s worth.
Of course Oregon isn't worried. They either keep Mario who is gonna win a 3rd straight PAC12 title or they get $9 million.

Win/win scenario.

Advertisement
Of course Oregon isn't worried. They either keep Mario who is gonna win a 3rd straight PAC12 title or they get $9 million.

Win/win scenario.
People there think he’s staying. There’s no chance. We all know that doesn’t mean jack once **** gets real and there’s serious negotiating between Mario and Miami.

People there think he’s staying. There’s no chance. We all know that doesn’t mean jack once **** gets real and there’s serious negotiating between Mario and Miami.
I personally think he loses one more maybe two let’s see what the people in Eugene think about him then. For the record he’s my number one choice

If he wins the next 3 games will there be significant improvement? The next 5? What number would you need to see to say significant improvement?
It’s not a number. I’ll say there’s been significant improvement When games aren’t coming down to phantom PI calls, helmets coming off or balls bouncing out of bounds.

The difference between the Ws and Ls…. Miami got the late breaks. One side of the ball looks better, one looks worse, and they were trailing a sub .500 ACC team late. That’s not improvement… it’s exactly what we’ve seen the last 6 years.

It’s not a number. I’ll say there’s been significant improvement When games aren’t coming down to phantom PI calls, helmets coming off or balls bouncing out of bounds.

The difference between the Ws and Ls…. Miami got the late breaks. One side of the ball looks better, one looks worse, and they were trailing a sub .500 ACC team late. That’s not improvement… it’s exactly what we’ve seen the last 6 years.
Win or lose every game has been the same , one play here or one bad break. We have a bad defense so anytime the game is close it’s a 50/50 shot.If GT’s qb’s knee isn’t down theres a chance we lose. But it was so that worked in our favor. We could’ve easily lost App State - Nc State - Pitt . We could’ve easily won UNC - Uva. 5-4 is what we are. Every week we’re walking on a razors edge.

Advertisement

Do you think the back door way they get rid of manny is through the new AD? It's hard to imagine someone coming in and being ok with inheriting him as the coach given all the noise that would be surrounding him, especially in his first year as AD

Win or lose every game has been the same , one play here or one bad break. We have a bad defense so anytime the game is close it’s a 50/50 shot.If GT’s qb’s knee isn’t down theres a chance we lose. But it was so that worked in our favor. We could’ve easily lost App State - Nc State - Pitt . We could’ve easily won UNC - Uva. 5-4 is what we are. Every week we’re walking on a razors edge.
That's exciting when you're playing a top 5 team, not so much when it's UVA or UNC.

I see. So like many others who over promoted Manny getting fired, you're pushing the goal post back to style points now in the hopes that Manny fails at that.

Well we're all UM fans so you can come back whenever you want. There still time for you to be right.

@Cribby Would having Alonzo here in some capacity help?

Advertisement
I see. So like many others who over promoted Manny getting fired, you're pushing the goal post back to style points now in the hopes that Manny fails at that.

Well we're all UM fans so you can come back whenever you want. There still time for you to be right.
Are u thinking I assumed manny would never win another game? Or Are u thinking manny will never lose another game? Are u suggesting a coach be evaluated only on his last few weeks?

Are u thinking I assumed manny would never win another game? Or Are u thinking manny will never lose another game? Are u suggesting a coach be evaluated only on his last few weeks?
I'm suggesting that its always fluid. Making season decisions on a team after 4 weeks shows a little inexperience in my opinion.

Manny may not be the answer but leave room for the fact that he might be.

Advertisement
I'm suggesting that its always fluid. Making season decisions on a team after 4 weeks shows a little inexperience in my opinion.

Manny may not be the answer but leave room for the fact that he might be.
I’m making an assessment after 2.5 years, not 4 games, and I’m taking into consideration the words of former players who have seen the team up close over the last 3 seasons.

Also.. If Manny were an elite recruiter, I’d be more on board w giving him more time, but he isn’t. So my concern is that the next guy will be given a team devoid of talent.

ALSO… Im assuming the admin will hire someone markedly better than manny. If they’re just going to get another Go5 nobody, then I’d be fine giving manny more time.

So it’s not just a blind hatred of manny, it’s what I think gives us the best shot at a competitive team, based on circumstance I’m assuming to be true.

Is there anyone else in play besides Mario?
I‘m thinking if he wants to head South, then Manny is gone regardless of what happens the rest of this year.
If we lay an egg in any of our remaining games, and Mario says thanks but no thanks we’re stuck with Manny.
Don‘t think Kiffin wants to be second choice and Stoops just doesn’t excite me. Herman?

I’m making an assessment after 2.5 years, not 4 games, and I’m taking into consideration the words of former players who have seen the team up close over the last 3 seasons.

Also.. If Manny were an elite recruiter, I’d be more on board w giving him more time, but he isn’t. So my concern is that the next guy will be given a team devoid of talent.

ALSO… Im assuming the admin will hire someone markedly better than manny. If they’re just going to get another Go5 nobody, then I’d be fine giving manny more time.

So it’s not just a blind hatred of manny, it’s what I think gives us the best shot at a competitive team, based on circumstance I’m assuming to be true.
Fair enough.

I am no insider for sure, but reading the tea leaves, Blake has to be gone 1st (which we think is done). Then Highsmith has to be hired as Head of Football operations, if that happens Mario will come. If Zo isn't hired, no Mario. Zo and Mario would have the same vision for this program, get it back to the way it was when they played here.

Advertisement
Back