We have improved from crap back to mediocrity… (and it'll save BJ & MD)

Why not? He came to the program behind TVD, he knew that he might have to play behind him for a year. Its happening.

There's usually a reason kids leave. What could have changed to make him suddenly say that things have become unbearable?
Sitting on the bench for the next 2 seasons watching TVD lead our Hurricanes.

Advertisement
Manny has removed a lot of the joy that I used to have for Miami football....and for that I must thank him.

While enduring his tenure, I have relearned that there are so many much more important things in life.

Frankly, I haven't planned my weekends around Miami football in months. It used to really matter to me how this team was being operated and managed. As an Alum I felt duty bound to cheer and know all the comings and goings of all team related activities.

Since Manny is still here and will probably still be here after this season and will continue frustrating and disappointing us as long as he remains. It will always be Groundhog day with him because Manny must do what Manny does eventually.

I've found that there are plenty of other activities that can bring me pleasure and the more I engage in them the more fulfilled I feel. I won't list them all but time with family and friends is priceless.

Whether Manny stays or not no longer matters to me because bottom line it doesn't really impact the quality of my life one iota.

So while the Canes will always have a place in my life, my life has grown to the point that how they are doing doesn't make any difference to me anymore.

So thanks Manny, Blake and Miami Administration for sucking the fervor out of me.

Go Canes

If Manny wins out, fire Blake James. Say it’s because of every other sport and undermining our football coach, but do fire the man’s ***. Bring in a legit AD and under no circumstances do you offer Manny an extension. As soon as Manny loses a game, drop him like he’s hot.
In what world is pulling a “clay Helton” a good idea

Manny has removed a lot of the joy that I used to have for Miami football....and for that I must thank him.

While enduring his tenure, I have relearned that there are so many much more important things in life.

Frankly, I haven't planned my weekends around Miami football in months. It used to really matter to me how this team was being operated and managed. As an Alum I felt duty bound to cheer and know all the comings and goings of all team related activities.

Since Manny is still here and will probably still be here after this season and will continue frustrating and disappointing us as long as he remains. It will always be Groundhog day with him because Manny must do what Manny does eventually.

I've found that there are plenty of other activities that can bring me pleasure and the more I engage in them the more fulfilled I feel. I won't list them all but time with family and friends is priceless.

Whether Manny stays or not no longer matters to me because bottom line it doesn't really impact the quality of my life one iota.

So while the Canes will always have a place in my life, my life has grown to the point that how they are doing doesn't make any difference to me anymore.

So thanks Manny, Blake and Miami Administration for sucking the fervor out of me.

Go Canes

You’ve missed three straight exciting and fun wins while you’ve been gone.

Go Canes
The opposite of love is indifference. Indifferent people don't donate or otherwise contribute to revenue. Hopefully, they've seen that a few big donors are no substitute for a wide loyal fan base.

This is their last chance to get it right.

Advertisement

Go Canes
Coker. Shannon. Golden. Retread Richt. None of them broke you.. but Manny did? The hiring of Manny rustled me way more than his tenure. We been dead, mane.

Go Canes
JC

Advertisement
In what world is pulling a “clay Helton” a good idea
It remains to be seen, but you don't know who Clay Helton's replacement is. Al Golden's replacement was an improvement, just not by as much as he should have been. Firing him later rather than sooner means a lower buyout and more money for the next coach. The whole "But recruiting!" argument is from a pre-transfer portal era and has led to rush hires for Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Manny Diaz.

And this relative “improvement“ Will save Diaz and James. They will sell the future and continuity, etc. i knew they would give Diaz and co. Every opportunity to deliver a sliver of hope so they can keep him another year, and it’s happening. I also knew we needed a 58-0/usf loss in order for Diaz to be fired. a bad record with close losses won’t do it, and never has…only utter embarrassments. the likelihood of that happening is close to zero now.
We have 5 one possession games already, and that’s all you should need to know about our staph.
everyone can genuinely enjoy the win if they want, but these exciting nail biters are what’s in store until Diaz is gone, and that means close wins and losses that get us 7-8 wins a year. For those that said and say Diaz is gone regardless of what happens, I don’t believe you and never did. The wins we have this year will feel good that day I’m sure, but it’s only “proving” to the Miami idiots in charge that their way is “working”, and we will be stuck in perpetual purgatory. Most of our fans will be celebrating 7-8 wins this year when that would have been unthinkable in august.
I endorse this post.

Coker. Shannon. Golden. Retread Richt. None of them broke you.. but Manny did? The hiring of Manny rustled me way more than his tenure. We been dead, mane.

I hear you LAMP.

It's like they've been piling straw on my back for years. Individually they don't weigh much...but eventually it becomes too much.

I need to enjoy a break for awhile and reconnect.

Hang in there man

Advertisement
The opposite of love is indifference. Indifferent people don't donate or otherwise contribute to revenue. Hopefully, they've seen that a few big donors are no substitute for a wide loyal fan base.

This is their last chance to get it right.

No longer indignant. Not even mad or upset anymore.

You're correct.... Indifferent about sums it up.

The admin hasn’t done anything right in over 20 years. What makes you think any of it matters? LOL

At least TVD is fun to watch
This is where I am. I can't even be bothered by how bad this admin and coach are or hope for change.

I am enjoying watching this O move the ball. I enjoy watching the players. It's all I have left.

Advertisement
And this relative “improvement“ Will save Diaz and James. They will sell the future and continuity, etc. i knew they would give Diaz and co. Every opportunity to deliver a sliver of hope so they can keep him another year, and it’s happening. I also knew we needed a 58-0/usf loss in order for Diaz to be fired. a bad record with close losses won’t do it, and never has…only utter embarrassments. the likelihood of that happening is close to zero now.
We have 5 one possession games already, and that’s all you should need to know about our staph.
everyone can genuinely enjoy the win if they want, but these exciting nail biters are what’s in store until Diaz is gone, and that means close wins and losses that get us 7-8 wins a year. For those that said and say Diaz is gone regardless of what happens, I don’t believe you and never did. The wins we have this year will feel good that day I’m sure, but it’s only “proving” to the Miami idiots in charge that their way is “working”, and we will be stuck in perpetual purgatory. Most of our fans will be celebrating 7-8 wins this year when that would have been unthinkable in august.
Couldn't agree with this more, to my dismay.

No longer indignant. Not even mad or upset anymore.

You're correct.... Indifferent about sums it up.
I’m getting to this level quickly. i still watch but I’m not invested , I flip the channel and watch better games and eventually come back. It’s no longer an event or something I build my schedule around. I do watch all of Tvd’s snaps but refuse to watch this atrocious D.

We’re sitting 5-4 in a season when every poster here said anything below 9 wins is unacceptable and a failure. Vegas said that and so did the polls. Almost two decades of mediocre football has pushed me here. I guess there’s no better time to get my fat *** back in shape. Spending less time on message boards and watching bad football.

Doesn't feel like waiting behing TVD... What if Alabama calls him? He could leave if he wanted...
He'll play behind whoever is at Alabama unless you think our boy is a high draft pick next year(I do).

He could leave to go to a starting spot but I just don't know why he would, especially if he thinks we're on the upswing.

Advertisement
Back