We have improved from crap back to mediocrity… (and it'll save BJ & MD)

Advertisement
Blake is gone. He won’t be directing athletics next season, and hasn’t been for weeks. Don’t believe me? Go look at the basketball season opening presser.

I’m getting to this level quickly. i still watch but I’m not invested , I flip the channel and watch better games and eventually come back. It’s no longer an event or something I build my schedule around. I do watch all of Tvd’s snaps but refuse to watch this atrocious D.

We’re sitting 5-4 in a season when every poster here said anything below 9 wins is unacceptable and a failure. Vegas said that and so did the polls. Almost two decades of mediocre football has pushed me here. I guess there’s no better time to get my fat *** back in shape. Spending less time on message boards and watching bad football.
Went thru this with the Dolphins. Lifelong insane fan, and season ticket holder forever. Slowly lost interest, and became apathetic to the point that I have no idea what their record even is anymore.

If everything happens that’s supposed to be happening, Will you be immediately sucked back in? I will be. But even w Blake gone, if Manny returns I’ll drift further away.

Went thru this with the Dolphins. Lifelong insane fan, and season ticket holder forever. Slowly lost interest, and became apathetic to the point that I have no idea what their record even is anymore.

If everything happens that’s supposed to be happening, Will you be immediately sucked back in? I will be. But even w Blake gone, if Manny returns I’ll drift further away.
What I find interesting is how there’s so much smoke around manny 3 weeks ago but now he’s closer to saving his job winning games exactly how he lost them? That makes no sense

Advertisement
It remains to be seen, but you don't know who Clay Helton's replacement is. Al Golden's replacement was an improvement, just not by as much as he should have been. Firing him later rather than sooner means a lower buyout and more money for the next coach. The whole "But recruiting!" argument is from a pre-transfer portal era and has led to rush hires for Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Manny Diaz.
Coker, Shannon and Golden weren’t rushed. Especially Shannon and golden, They were chosen after a legit national search was done by an outside recruiting firm.

Can u imagine being so incompetent that u choose al golden after paying hundreds of thousands to a search firm?

Coker, Shannon and Golden weren’t rushed. Especially Shannon and golden, They were chosen after a legit national search was done by an outside recruiting firm.

Can u imagine being so incompetent that u choose al golden after paying hundreds of thousands to a search firm?
Remember what that search came up with? Edsall, Trestman and Golden. If those are your best candidates, keep on looking.

What I find interesting is how there’s so much smoke around manny 3 weeks ago but now he’s closer to saving his job winning games exactly how he lost them? That makes no sense
2 things:

1) the smoke is clearing because everyone assumes he will win out. If he does, and wins a bowl, there is a case to be made for his return. The problem tho….

2) The people deciding if he will return aren’t football people. So while you and I know that this is a mirage, and the breaks are just evening out, a non football person will assume that theres been significant improvement.

Perfect recipe for a bad decision. I don’t think it’ll go this way though… I’m pretty sure the decision will be made by someone yet to be formally hired (Zo?), so a qualified person should make the right move.

Advertisement
Seeing officially is believing with this administration
Smart man…..but Blake has put himself in a no win situation. The focus was on manny leading up to NC State, then Blake opened his mouth and took all the focus and put it on himself. Manny became the sympathetic character , then he won a few games. If I were betting I‘d put everything I own on Blake not being the AD next year. I’ve never backed off that.

Manny on the other hand needs the miracle run to continue and Mario not be interested. He’s been playing with house money since NC State.

Last edited:

xT9KVHloEUHBDhkRR6.gif

Advertisement
Remember what that search came up with? Edsall, Trestman and Golden. If those are your best candidates, keep on looking.
That was bad, but I also still cannot believe we hired a search firm that ultimately recommended we promote a coach (Shannon) from same regime of the head coach they just fired. This administration is just painfully bad at coaching searches. They got somewhat lucky when Richt fell into their laps.

That was bad, but I also still cannot believe we hired a search firm that ultimately recommended we promote a coach (Shannon) from same regime of the head coach they just fired. This administration is just painfully bad at coaching searches. They got somewhat lucky when Richt fell into their laps.
That tells you the value of expensive consultants.

2 things:

1) the smoke is clearing because everyone assumes he will win out. If he does, and wins a bowl, there is a case to be made for his return. The problem tho….

2) The people deciding if he will return aren’t football people. So while you and I know that this is a mirage, and the breaks are just evening out, a non football person will assume that theres been significant improvement.

Perfect recipe for a bad decision. I don’t think it’ll go this way though… I’m pretty sure the decision will be made by someone yet to be formally hired (Zo?), so a qualified person should make the right move.
If he wins the next 3 games will there be significant improvement? The next 5? What number would you need to see to say significant improvement?

Advertisement
Correct. To think that the best candidate was one with ZERO HC experience, was part of the staff we are getting rid of after a national search leads me to believe that search was nonexistent, or Paul Dee was intentionally trying to torpedo the program. He almost called Gary Patterson, but Randy interviewed “so well.” WTF???

Correct. To think that the best candidate was one with ZERO HC experience, was part of the staff we are getting rid of after a national search leads me to believe that search was nonexistent, or Paul Dee was intentionally trying to torpedo the program. He almost called Gary Patterson, but Randy interviewed “so well.” WTF???
Yeah I think Randy was their guy from day 1. The search firm was probably more a formality to ensure they were not violating any rules.

Manny has removed a lot of the joy that I used to have for Miami football....and for that I must thank him.

While enduring his tenure, I have relearned that there are so many much more important things in life.

Frankly, I haven't planned my weekends around Miami football in months. It used to really matter to me how this team was being operated and managed. As an Alum I felt duty bound to cheer and know all the comings and goings of all team related activities.

Since Manny is still here and will probably still be here after this season and will continue frustrating and disappointing us as long as he remains. It will always be Groundhog day with him because Manny must do what Manny does eventually.

I've found that there are plenty of other activities that can bring me pleasure and the more I engage in them the more fulfilled I feel. I won't list them all but time with family and friends is priceless.

Whether Manny stays or not no longer matters to me because bottom line it doesn't really impact the quality of my life one iota.

So while the Canes will always have a place in my life, my life has grown to the point that how they are doing doesn't make any difference to me anymore.

So thanks Manny, Blake and Miami Administration for sucking the fervor out of me.

Go Canes
@MainLineCane, I totally agree with you about Manny and the admin staying. It does not matter because I’ve been planning around Cane games for the last 5-6 years!

Even though I’m not an alum, I’ve been a fan since 1988-89, and donated for years before I noticed in the late 2000’s they stopped caring.

We agree the Canes will have a place in my heart, also, I just won’t dedicate my life anymore to this **** administration!

Advertisement
Back