We have improved from crap back to mediocrity… (and it'll save BJ & MD)

Advertisement
It's only a pretty good start, but it's not good enough for an every year thing. There's no good reason we shouldn't have double digit wins and own the Coastal.
Is it a start? Mannys been recruiting the D for 6 years, and one of his starting DEs is a Golden recruit. We have averaged 7ish wins for 20 years…nothing new. Is it a start that he isn’t showing favoritism? Is it because he’s forced to play better players due to senior injuries etc? Why is Chase Smith in bench with such hideous LB play? Pretty much everyone he has had, has gotten worse. Why do you think that trend has changed? Do you not think the D he has created is really bad?

I’m getting to this level quickly. i still watch but I’m not invested , I flip the channel and watch better games and eventually come back. It’s no longer an event or something I build my schedule around. I do watch all of Tvd’s snaps but refuse to watch this atrocious D.

We’re sitting 5-4 in a season when every poster here said anything below 9 wins is unacceptable and a failure. Vegas said that and so did the polls. Almost two decades of mediocre football has pushed me here. I guess there’s no better time to get my fat *** back in shape. Spending less time on message boards and watching bad football.
Ditto. I don’t listen to pre-game any more, don’t listen to player interviews, or the BS coach interviews. No more merchandise or going to games. No more basing my weekends on games for the first time since mid 70’s. I’ll watch a recording of a win or some highlights, buts that’s really it. Phone just blows up w other pizzed off fans.

Advertisement
Coker, Shannon and Golden weren’t rushed. Especially Shannon and golden, They were chosen after a legit national search was done by an outside recruiting firm.

Can u imagine being so incompetent that u choose al golden after paying hundreds of thousands to a search firm?
Honestly, I don't blame them.

That guy was a top class salesman. "Are you kiddin' me?!" is still burned into my soul.

Is it a start? Mannys been recruiting the D for 6 years, and one of his starting DEs is a Golden recruit. We have averaged 7ish wins for 20 years…nothing new. Is it a start that he isn’t showing favoritism? Is it because he’s forced to play better players due to senior injuries etc? Why is Chase Smith in bench with such hideous LB play? Pretty much everyone he has had, has gotten worse. Why do you think that trend has changed? Do you not think the D he has created is really bad?
In general, it is a good start for any coach, which is what I was saying.

Now if we're specifically discussing Manny, it should be clear that there are more than enough indicators other than just a W-L record that shows he's reached his ceiling. Even if we somehow pull off 9 wins, the fundamentals aren't there. We need to dominate our division and win games against quality opponents and we're not even close to that.

Advertisement
In general, it is a good start for any coach, which is what I was saying.

Now if we're specifically discussing Manny, it should be clear that there are more than enough indicators other than just a W-L record that shows he's reached his ceiling. Even if we somehow pull off 9 wins, the fundamentals aren't there. We need to dominate our division and win games against quality opponents and we're not even close to that.
You're pushing the goal post back. 9 wins is good. It will be his best number of wins and reflect progress.

You're pushing the goal post back. 9 wins is good. It will be his best number of wins and reflect progress.
Have fundamentals improved? Recruiting? Development? Can you honestly say you've seen improvement that will lead to conference championships and CFP selection?

Priority one is getting a better AD.

Win or lose every game has been the same , one play here or one bad break. We have a bad defense so anytime the game is close it’s a 50/50 shot.If GT’s qb’s knee isn’t down theres a chance we lose. But it was so that worked in our favor. We could’ve easily lost App State - Nc State - Pitt . We could’ve easily won UNC - Uva. 5-4 is what we are. Every week we’re walking on a razors edge.
And when we’re on a streak, the dimwits think everything is fixed. Ridiculous.

You heard anything lately on potential coaches? There’s another major program going hard at Mario apparently. Miami has to make some decisions here soon.

And this relative “improvement“ Will save Diaz and James. They will sell the future and continuity, etc. i knew they would give Diaz and co. Every opportunity to deliver a sliver of hope so they can keep him another year, and it’s happening. I also knew we needed a 58-0/usf loss in order for Diaz to be fired. a bad record with close losses won’t do it, and never has…only utter embarrassments. the likelihood of that happening is close to zero now.
We have 5 one possession games already, and that’s all you should need to know about our staph.
everyone can genuinely enjoy the win if they want, but these exciting nail biters are what’s in store until Diaz is gone, and that means close wins and losses that get us 7-8 wins a year. For those that said and say Diaz is gone regardless of what happens, I don’t believe you and never did. The wins we have this year will feel good that day I’m sure, but it’s only “proving” to the Miami idiots in charge that their way is “working”, and we will be stuck in perpetual purgatory. Most of our fans will be celebrating 7-8 wins this year when that would have been unthinkable in august.
Long as Manny is standing @ Joe Robbie stadium, I will be sitting at home. Happy we are winning but still a crapfest >

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back