We have 8 DTs on the roster folks....

Some of you guys are assuming that because some of us are not lighting ourselves on fire because of the lack of DT signees that we don't care. Believe me I do. But ****, NSD is over. The ship has sailed. We gotta go with what we have and develop the talent. And go at it again next year guns blazing. But for now, we have to focus on getting the guys we have on the roster NOW to play better. I think a 3some of Porter/Pierre/Robinson is **** solid. Throw Moore and Ivery in there and we in business. In 2014, Pierre will be a SR, Moore and Ivery will be JRs. I like that 3 to take another step and you know Al is going to go JUCO for more help. I am just not ready to say the sky is falling just yet. (And I didn't even mention Briscoe and Grimble) Now if we whiff next year then we are in some serious ****.

Advertisement
Seriously, can we stop with the "we desperately need DT's" thing???

Porter, King, Grimble, Pierre, Briscoe, Robinson, Moore, Ivery, and now this Ufomba kid who could move inside.

We dont need more bodies at DT just to have bodies.
yea we don't need more bodies but we really needed to land some quality prospects at the position. Of the guys you mentioned, Porter, Pierre, and Robinson are the only ones who we can categorize as being solid/decent atm. To make matters worse, Porter has yet to play a full season, and he and Robinson are gone next year.

Its good to see real Canes fans on here worrying about the program. I get tired of seeing the butt kissers act like everything is great. DT could be an issue in 2013 if injuries occur n 2014/2015 will feel the impact of not having a true DT taken in this class. Many of u should look at SEC commitments. They always signing 4-8 DL. It brings depth and competition.

Nobody is saying it doesn't hurt, but how can count out a bunch a guys who were true freshamn last year?

Im not counting them out. They're unknowns at the moment n we cant count on them if Miami starts to have injurues to DL, which is bound to happen. It happens to every team every year. Bostwick was a huge miss n I hope Golden is looking for some plan Bs right now. They have the space. Bostwick wont see playing time at UF, most likely. Im pretty sure he would have saw the field in 2013.

Both Bostwick/Bryant and our current Frosh DTs are unknown.

so what makes the 2013 class better?

the Stars?

Those asking first or second year players to show something at DT - or else be labeled JAGs - don't seem to understand how that position works.

Do guys make noise there early sometimes? Sure.

Is that the norm for a dominant DT? **** no.

Advertisement
I AINT NEVER LIED

EARL MOORE WILL BE A ******* BEAST

***** HAS A THIGH FOR A NECK

TRUE FRESHMAN DTS HARDLY MAKE AN IMPACT...I REMEMBER DAMIONE LEWIS GETTING TOSSED AROUND AT BAYLOR WHEN THEY WERE ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS IN 'MERICA

****** SLEEPIN ON OUR TOP ***** EARL POOPS

I will go ahead and say if we miss big again at DT next year, we better start praying we can buy d-linemen on craigslist.

C4L

Sorry but this smacks of the "whatchutalmbout Willis" sh*t we used to hear after yet another floptastic NDS by Clappy the Clown and Blanditus the Incompetent. You cannot lose a kid like Bostwick. That is just not kosher. When you say we don't have needs. What do you mean? Did you see what Auburn did? DE 2,4, and 11. DT #4 they were as bad on Defense as we were sure they had bodies on the line but they went out and signed guys. I am not a guru, not even a expert of ardent follower but you can't shrug off totally whiffing, and striking out on an area of need. I don't buy that reasoning and you know i respect you as a poster.

Advertisement
Don't we have to give the kids we signed last year a chance to prove their worth

sure we do. But we really needed to add at least one (and IMO two) stud DT prospect.

This was a big whiff. Just really disappointing that we lost Bostwick, after he was supposedly solid to us all year until a couple of weeks ago.

NoFlaCane,

Explain.

Also Im curious to see what the DLs look like after another year under the Golden regime. 2013 will show what Golden is about whether his development and evaluation go hand in hand

C4L

Sorry but this smacks of the "whatchutalmbout Willis" sh*t we used to hear after yet another floptastic NDS by Clappy the Clown and Blanditus the Incompetent. You cannot lose a kid like Bostwick. That is just not kosher. When you say we don't have needs. What do you mean? Did you see what Auburn did? DE 2,4, and 11. DT #4 they were as bad on Defense as we were sure they had bodies on the line but they went out and signed guys. I am not a guru, not even a expert of ardent follower but you can't shrug off totally whiffing, and striking out on an area of need. I don't buy that reasoning and you know i respect you as a poster.

this.

Advertisement
and of those 8, who is a difference maker? Closest thing is Porter if he can stay healthy. To say we don't need better competition, which these guys would have brought, is just crazy.

Advertisement
Guy on ESPNU said something very telling, Alabama is Darwinian in its atmosphere only the strongest survive and play. Not always the case at the U imvho

C4L

this.

x2

Guy on ESPNU said something very telling, Alabama is Darwinian in its atmosphere only the strongest survive and play. Not always the case at the U imvho

Alabama has also won 3 of the last four MNCs. We have limited clout at the moment.

And Imma neg firebomb this thread if any of the young guys flash this year.

Yall fools were probably killing the Eddie Johnson take when he was sitting on the bench redshirting.

Alabama has also won 3 of the last four MNCs. We have limited clout at the moment.

And Imma neg firebomb this thread if any of the young guys flash this year.

Yall fools were probably killing the Eddie Johnson take when he was sitting on the bench redshirting.

I'm not knocking our coaches or the class. I'm saying missing on Bostwick cannot be glossed over.

Advertisement
Back