We have 8 DTs on the roster folks....

Its good to see real Canes fans on here worrying about the program. I get tired of seeing the butt kissers act like everything is great. DT could be an issue in 2013 if injuries occur n 2014/2015 will feel the impact of not having a true DT taken in this class. Many of u should look at SEC commitments. They always signing 4-8 DL. It brings depth and competition.

I agree that there are too many *** kissers trying their damned hardest to deny to themselves that there is a problem this year, but all actions by the staff from the beginning of the year indicate that DT simply was not a priority this year. We have other problems with our recruiting class.

Advertisement
Are DTs the weakness or is Dorito's scheme the weakness (probably a little of both)

So what DLmen do we lose next year to graduation? Porter and who else?

And personally, I wasn't that impressed with Bryant's senior film. His junior film is what got him the scholarship offers.

Seriously, can we stop with the "we desperately need DT's" thing???

Porter, King, Grimble, Pierre, Briscoe, Robinson, Moore, Ivery, and now this Ufomba kid who could move inside.

We dont need more bodies at DT just to have bodies.

Cmon, man, you're smart enough to look beyond numbers. Porter and Robinson are gone after this year. Grimble can't play inside and King was overwhelmed most of the year. Briscoe, Ivery, Moore are jags at this point.

Pierre is solid.

LMAO @ Bostwick being the 3rd DL. Really? You guys are really underestimating our current guys. These kids were Freshmen and now they have another year in the Weight room and game exp. Give them a chance. Look at what Pierre did the last few games when the light switch went on. Beast mode. And he WAS NOT a 4 or 5 star. We missed on the Killer Bs but now its time for guys like Moore, Ivery, Grimble, and King to step up and help Pierre/Porter out.

We were 116th in Total Defense

LMAO at that

// In case you didn't know there are 120 teams in D-I, I would say we could use all the help we could have gotten, becasue it's safe to say last years defenders were not getting it done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its good to see real Canes fans on here worrying about the program. I get tired of seeing the butt kissers act like everything is great. DT could be an issue in 2013 if injuries occur n 2014/2015 will feel the impact of not having a true DT taken in this class. Many of u should look at SEC commitments. They always signing 4-8 DL. It brings depth and competition.

Nobody is saying it doesn't hurt, but how can count out a bunch a guys who were true freshamn last year?

Porter, King, Grimble, Pierre, Briscoe, Robinson, Moore, Ivery, and now this Ufomba kid who could move inside.

I agree.... the only probelm is right now all of our DTs that look like they have any potential are upperclassmen. Porter, Robinson and Pierre.

The other guys havent done anything and it wouldve been good to get some quality DTs like Bostwick in so we can actually see how good or bad these guys are.

So bg534 what should we "a$$ kissers" do in your opinion? Sit back and cry for the next 3 months because we didn't get any DT? LOL. What is complaining about it going to do? The kids made up there minds now we must move on and get ready for the showdown on Sept 7th and show people why this program is ready to make that next step..THEN we have something to bring to the table when we are in the living room of Khari Clark and explaining to him why he should be a Hurricane.

DTs are the weakness of the team. All we have now are bodies. We need difference makers. Not signing a single DT in this class is a massive failure. Stop making excuses.

This part of the post is a weak-shouldered, reactionary point of view. You have no idea what kind of players Moore, Ivery, or Briscoe will grow into.

DT's may be the weakness of the team if Porter can't stay healthy or in 2014. Maybe. If all the young guys were flat out misses.

Advertisement
So Mr. Webster Dictionary..Bostwick singlehandily was going to improve that right? You guys are making this kid out to be Tommie Harris or something.

So Mr. Webster Dictionary..Bostwick singlehandily was going to improve that right? You guys are making this kid out to be Tommie Harris or something.

I don't have any idea, but we couldn't have gotten any worse, and AGAIN, the only two that did anything are gone after this year.

// 116 outta 120, help is needed

Jernigan, Floyd, Montgomery, Leonard Willimas, McAlister all played signigant snaps as true Fresh DTs. On teams with much better DT depth than we have.

// trust me, Bostwick is a big miss

Bostwick is a big miss, but I would have been incredibly surprised to see him at #3 next year. Would have been less surprised if he turned into a starter by 2014, though. And, therein lies the miss.

I don't have any idea, but we couldn't have gotten any worse, and AGAIN, the only two that did anything are gone after this year.

What? Pierre will be here in 2014.

Advertisement

Cmon, man, you're smart enough to look beyond numbers. Porter and Robinson are gone after this year. Grimble can't play inside and King was overwhelmed most of the year. Briscoe, Ivery, Moore are jags at this point.

Pierre is solid.

Bingo

What? Pierre will be here in 2014.

Did he RS? OK, still not the DT depth we need to improve that ranking.
// he went to prep, my mistake

Last edited:
The guy who I find to be intriguing is Briscoe. That guy looked massive on the sideline at home games. If Dorito is looking for guys to hold blockers and take up space then Briscoe looks like a strong candidate.

Advertisement
We're talking about GOOD DTs though...those are the ones we desperately need

Other than Porter and MAYBE Pierrer, who else has shown anything???

This guy..... He gets it.... DT is the weakest unit on the squad, hands down

/ and Porter and OP are gone after next season, but hey, we got King and Grimble........

replace weakest with youngest and you might be on to something

I'm not ***-kissing, just taking it like it is. There is literally NOTHING we can do as fans here on this message board. I'm not saying everything will be ok and we're going to win it all with this class. We missed big on defense, everyone knows it. It's not like we're going to forfeit games next year due to it. It is what is is, the rest of the class was ok, just have to move on and hope better for next year.

Or we can dwell on it some more.

So bg534 what should we "a$$ kissers" do in your opinion? Sit back and cry for the next 3 months because we didn't get any DT? LOL. What is complaining about it going to do? The kids made up there minds now we must move on and get ready for the showdown on Sept 7th and show people why this program is ready to make that next step..THEN we have something to bring to the table when we are in the living room of Khari Clark and explaining to him why he should be a Hurricane.

Im not complaining. I just dont want to hear people state that DT isnt an issue. We bringing the same players from a defense that was one of the worse against the run. It starts up front. Golden HAS to get guys like Clark in 2014 or DL is going to be in bad shape for 2014-2016.

I encourage you to turn on the facking Duke and FSU games

112th amongst all FBS Teams in giving up rushing yards
We gave up 217 yards per game, 4.97 yards a facking carry you can run a facking wing-t offense or just hand the ball off all day and win against this defense

116th in total defense you build from the front...
Bama, LSU, FSU all say facking hello

113th amongst all FBS in teams actually making a sack with only 13 and 4 or 5 of those were on an accident

Most of our d-lineman are too facking small dude...you are playing against O-lineman that are 6-5 300lbs..

ARE FACKING KIDDING ME...and every body says we got Porter...well you need to be 2-deep at the position

Advertisement
Back