We got a commit

Correct on all accounts but one WEZ! Clewiston didn't "pick up former Glades Day coach". We brought Pete back home! Clewiston grad and QB of a bada$$ Clewiston team from the early "80s... On a side note, Immokalee is on the outskirts of the Muck, but Edge is enough all alone to add them.. Wish we could stretch it out to Ft Myers area.... lol

Pete was also a great place kicker. He is actually a free agent for the Indianapolis Colts and he also was roommates with Gus Malzahn in college. I've seen him kick a field goal from the 50 yard line 10 years ago.

I didn't know he kicked as well, but I don't doubt that at all! Thought former Cane Danny Miller would've been the kicker in his time. Guess I'm "misremembering" a little, Danny must have came through before. Glad he's back in Clewy, instead of winning for Glades Day... Hope he get's us back to where we were accustomed to being, On top.
One of his OL played for the Colts for years! Randy Dixon, that team was small in numbers, but talent everywhere! Titus Dixon played with Eagles a few years. Wycliff (Sp?) Lovelace, Georgia Bulldog/Dallas Cowboy I believe. Co-state champs, playing with most guys playing both ways.....game ended in a tie, what a shame.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Immokalee isn't the muck, its literally 15 minutes from ft Myers. I could see why some would think that tho. Clewiston is the muck but I consider the muck more belle glade and pahokee for some reason

Correct on all accounts but one WEZ! Clewiston didn't "pick up former Glades Day coach". We brought Pete back home! Clewiston grad and QB of a bada$$ Clewiston team from the early "80s... On a side note, Immokalee is on the outskirts of the Muck, but Edge is enough all alone to add them.. Wish we could stretch it out to Ft Myers area.... lol

Pete was also a great place kicker. He is actually a free agent for the Indianapolis Colts and he also was roommates with Gus Malzahn in college. I've seen him kick a field goal from the 50 yard line 10 years ago.

I didn't know he kicked as well, but I don't doubt that at all! Thought former Cane Danny Miller would've been the kicker in his time. Guess I'm "misremembering" a little, Danny must have came through before. Glad he's back in Clewy, instead of winning for Glades Day... Hope he get's us back to where we were accustomed to being, On top.
One of his OL played for the Colts for years! Randy Dixon, that team was small in numbers, but talent everywhere! Titus Dixon played with Eagles a few years. Wycliff (Sp?) Lovelace, Georgia Bulldog/Dallas Cowboy I believe. Co-state champs, playing with most guys playing both ways.....game ended in a tie, what a shame.

Yes Danny had half a foot, right? My mom taught Randy Dixon and a LB from Tampa Bay Bucs, forgot his name.

Immokalee isn't the muck, its literally 15 minutes from ft Myers. I could see why some would think that tho. Clewiston is the muck but I consider the muck more belle glade and pahokee for some reason

The muck refers to the rich soil all around Lake Okeechobee. So all cities surrounding it are the real muck. Clewiston, Lake Harbor, South Bay, Belle Glade, Pahokee, Canal Point, Okeechobee, Buckhead Ridge, Lakeport and Moore Haven.

Yeah, Immokalee is a stretch, but as I said. I will take them in this case. They may not have the same "muck" as soil, But they are hungry! And that's what we are wanting from players right. That is the football related appeal right? It's not literally the soil, it's the way we struggle to get by day to day... the way we compete....Immokalee is as rough as the muck "towns", I promise. Edge and Javarris would have been fine in Dade county.... Right? They were at the college level I know!;)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I always forget Moore Haven when speaking of the muck cities. M.Hendrix is right tho, most of these cities are about the struggle

I always forget Moore Haven when speaking of the muck cities. M.Hendrix is right tho, most of these cities are about the struggle
That's true and the speed comes from chasing rabbits in the cane fields and betting on street races.

Clewiston took Wayne Moore from Moore Haven, He was best I seen while I was in school. We were tight, he had mail from every school in the country! There's a video of a run he made in the state playoffs against Suncoast High as a Soph. He played both ways, but as a RB and NT! 6'2" 280 lbs in high school! Look up "Wayne moore epic run vs Suncoast".... He ran over a future NFL linebacker on that run. And watch the agility/feet after he gets hit at the LOS... Bad dude, quit football because coach knew best... He wanted to be Ron Dayne, Morell (coach) wanted him to be a DT. Wayne quit the team because he wouldn't let him run the ball his senior year... smh... Wayne and I are still friends, and I tell him how stupid that was every time we talk!
By "took" I mean, wayne transferred from Moore Haven, on his own to get more exposure...

Last edited:

Yes Danny had half a foot, right? My mom taught Randy Dixon and a LB from Tampa Bay Bucs, forgot his name.

Who was your mom? She was prolly there when I was...

Advertisement
That's true and the speed comes from chasing rabbits in the cane fields and betting on street races.

I lol'd.... You talking about Kelvin Benjamin? I don't watch much NFL, but ****, when I heard that story on a NFL telecast. I spit my drink! I used to chase those muck rabbits out of the fire, and smack them with a cane stalk....I left him laying for the kids to gather. Perfect example of how things get exaggerated. When a cottontail ran out of that burning a$$ field, 2 steps and I turned to another, NOBODY catching that sucker! Not Travis, not Kelvin, not Fred Taylor (from same school), not anyone!

Is Clewiston considered "The Muck", or just in the same general area?

Clewiston is on the southwest corner of the Lake. The Muck generally refers to the east-southeast side of the lake.
Clewiston is most definitely in "the muck".

I'm from clewiston. Pahokee ,South Bay, belle glade, and clewiston are "muck "cities. Has to do with the cane fields and black soil.

Yea I get that. You guys have US Sugar there. I suppose you hear it more with Glades and Pahokee because they've been putting out more players in recent times. Have a place in Sebring on lake Josephine. Drive through Clewiston all the time. That drive on 27 is probably is my favorite throughout the state.

I havent seen enough of this kid to know if he can play or not and I'm guessing no one has, but there is an upside to letting him commit early.. Apparently no one is on him about keeping his grades up whether it be his mom/dad or hs coach, they arent doing it. So now Golden, Coley, Beard stay on him the whole year and make sure that he is buckling down on the grades.

That is the first priority here, even though Miami isnt as hard to get into as some may think, especially with Golden as the HC because he seems to have leverage and trust from admissions that if they get in he will make sure they are keeping grades up and going to class. If Golden is good at anything here that is the thing.

If his grades stay up and the kid gets to play this year now we will get to see how good he actually is one the field. If he is good, it shouldnt take that long to tell, then we stay on him. If not, you do what you got to do and either man up and tell him they change their mind about taking his commitment and they want him to look elsewhere, or they just quit talking to him and he will get the point. IMO taking the commit was the right choice. Its easier to drop someone that sucks that you already have than it is to battle with FSU, Bama, UGA etc to get the commit when he blows up.

Last edited:

Mrs. Parantha, taught sixth grade reading and English at the middle school and my dad was the principal.

Advertisement

Clewiston took Wayne Moore from Moore Haven, He was best I seen while I was in school. We were tight, he had mail from every school in the country! There's a video of a run he made in the state playoffs against Suncoast High as a Soph. He played both ways, but as a RB and NT! 6'2" 280 lbs in high school! Look up "Wayne moore epic run vs Suncoast".... He ran over a future NFL linebacker on that run. And watch the agility/feet after he gets hit at the LOS... Bad dude, quit football because coach knew best... He wanted to be Ron Dayne, Morell (coach) wanted him to be a DT. Wayne quit the team because he wouldn't let him run the ball his senior year... smh... Wayne and I are still friends, and I tell him how stupid that was every time we talk!
By "took" I mean, wayne transferred from Moore Haven, on his own to get more exposure...

Wayne Moore was my little league coach!

I lol'd.... You talking about Kelvin Benjamin? I don't watch much NFL, but ****, when I heard that story on a NFL telecast. I spit my drink! I used to chase those muck rabbits out of the fire, and smack them with a cane stalk....I left him laying for the kids to gather. Perfect example of how things get exaggerated. When a cottontail ran out of that burning a$$ field, 2 steps and I turned to another, NOBODY catching that sucker! Not Travis, not Kelvin, not Fred Taylor (from same school), not anyone!

No, didn't see it but we legitamatly chased them but you're right, you ain't catching them! I ran a 4.50 but it is the best way to train on stop, start and change of direction speed. I used to go with Lee Sweet, RB for Glades Day who ran a 4.45 and bet guys on the E in Belle Glade. They couldn't believe us white boys could run like that!

Mrs. Parantha, taught sixth grade reading and English at the middle school and my dad was the principal.

She taught me in fifth grade. And your dad was the principal! Wow, hope she and rest of your family is doing great! (We were in the old school that year, next to "10 acre field"...lol

Advertisement

She taught me in fifth grade. And your dad was the principal! Wow, hope she and rest of your family is doing great! (We were in the old school that year, next to "10 acre field"...lol

Wow, that's when they first got there. He was probably teaching P.E. then. That school later became the Intermediate school and is now called the dome; for kids that have been kicked out of the high school. Thanks for the well wishes, my dad passed in 1990 but my mom retired a few years ago and is doing well.

He's raw but probably has more upside than any wr in FL.

If Fishbein says he's a freak, I believe him. He's good at his job.

I like him and think he is a good pickup at this time. I wish there was more film on him.

Thanks for sharing!

Advertisement
Back