We got a commit

@SBNRecruiting: Had him in my top-10 Fla WRs earlier today. Expect his recruitment to really heat up after this commit to Miami. https://t.co/rGOStPiL34

@SBNRecruiting: Of course, with kid being ineligible 2013 & 2014, have to wonder if he'll qualify given new core course timeline requirements.

@SBNRecruiting: But anyway, yeah, that's the 0-star Henderson y'all were asking about who was in the top-10 without any profiles.

Combined with Fishbein and this SBN guy, I guess I'll have to accept he's a baller. Like they got a thing for big receivers, I got a thing for speedy receivers. Guess we'll see on this one. Maybe Rollins or Pie still in play.

Advertisement
Tyre Brady had the same problem I believe and he got in.

Only time will tell.

He should have no problem. Miami being hard to get into is a myth created by our fanbase after the beat downs FSU, ND, KSU and all those other schools gave to us. Who have we missed on because of grades? AJL and Legett went to Marshall not a power 5 conference team and Griffin was stuck in community college for two years.

Miami beign tough to get in was true when Coker was the coach but it got easier with randy and even easier now for Golden who has signed guys other schhols have dropped like Griffin or guys nobody else was willing to sign like Chocolate.

Advertisement
I like the kids upside and toughness. With that said, I can't for the life of me figure why the staff is obsessed with 6'4" 185 lb WRs?!? Every single one that we have recruited over the years have not done jack. Jontavious Carter (filler) did nothing befor being booted. DMauri Jones has been here for 4 years and only caught 2 maybe 3 passes. I didn't think Langham was special in HS and haven't heard a peep about him. Maybe they are looking for another Streeter... And even he sucked for the better part of 3 years.

South Florida is abundant with incredibly talented small WRs. See guys like- Santana, Dorsett, Benji, Bruce, Mullins, etc...

Is Clewiston considered "The Muck", or just in the same general area?

Clewiston is on the southwest corner of the Lake. The Muck generally refers to the east-southeast side of the lake.
Clewiston is most definitely in "the muck".

I'm from clewiston. Pahokee ,South Bay, belle glade, and clewiston are "muck "cities. Has to do with the cane fields and black soil.
I am from Clewiston as well, class of '89.. Hope the young man gets his stuff together in the classroom and turns out to be a player!

I like kids from that area. As big as he is, if he has the work ethic we've come to expect from that region than its a pretty good bet.

Last edited:
Work ethic... That's tough, on the field, Pete will cover that I promise. But that is the kids strong point it seems. In the class, well, mom and dad gotta take charge IMO. All Pete can do is remove him from the roster if he don't handle that business. If mom and/or dad are no help, it's on him totally! I watched a lot of bad dudes at Cane Field in my time, not handle business. Mail from every college in the country, but didn't close the deal. Time will tell on this kid, hope we are all glad he chose the Canes. For him as much as us, because I have been there. Good luck young man.

Advertisement
Have heard from D. Lake, who was at the 7 on 7 and saw this kid, that in reality he is closer to 6'2" than 6'4". I've not seen him in person though.

Kid is gonna blow up this season. Glad staff evaluated in person and jumped on him.

It seems to me that a borderline kid like this is the perfect take. People are always talking about checkers and chess. This is chess.

We obviously have at least some discretion about who we get in given some of the borderline kids who have cleared recently. If we hit on our other targets and numbers are tight then he will be a casualty of the clearinghouse without it looking like we were pulling a Saban. If he is as good as some of the gurus say then he is a take regardless.

Why is it everyone wants small, fast defenders until we take a reach and big WR until we take a reach?

Also, is it just me or is a 275 bench for a lanky kid pretty beastly?

Advertisement
Well, the reality of the situation is that..

Benjamin V - Not coming here unless we go 11-1, 12-0.. And most fans on here don't even think we win 8 games. So he is out.
Soloman D - Not coming here. Wants to go OOS. So he is out.
Snelson D - Maybe he comes, maybe he doesn't. We know our track record with getting guys to recommit. Not good at all. So he is probably out.
Ridley C - Going to follow his brother. He is out.
Newbold S - Staff not interested.
Johnson I - I think the staff doesn't trust him enough to hang their hat on him. Prob FLA bound.
Pinder F - I like him but most have said he has grade issues and that he might be a little overrated. If this kid has a higher upside..Then its a draw.

If I missed anyone, that means they are REALLY out. So I don't blame the staff for spreading their wings a little. The kid is from the Muck, has crazy upside according to the experts, and showed out when he was given a chance to go up against top competition. This isn't a "Raheem Buxton" situation. This guy according to guys who do this for a living is the real deal.

Just a thought..how many of you would have liked to have gotten in on CB Eddie Jackson out of Boyd Anderson early before ALA got a hold of him? People ignored him because his grades sucked. ALA stayed on him and now have a potential stud on their hands. You don't think we could have used him this year?

I like the approach. Get on him early.

I'm from Clewiston and my cousin is an assistant and also working with him on his schoolwork. His exact words were, "this kid is a stud, with outstanding leaping ability and timing and he catches everything."

Benjamin V - Not coming here unless we go 11-1, 12-0.. And most fans on here don't even think we win 8 games. So he is out.
Snelson D - Maybe he comes, maybe he doesn't. We know our track record with getting guys to recommit. Not good at all. So he is probably out.
Johnson I - I think the staff doesn't trust him enough to hang their hat on him. Prob FLA bound.
Pinder F - I like him but most have said he has grade issues and that he might be a little overrated. If this kid has a higher upside..Then its a draw.

If I missed anyone, that means they are REALLY out. So I don't blame the staff for spreading their wings a little. The kid is from the Muck, has crazy upside according to the experts, and showed out when he was given a chance to go up against top competition. This isn't a "Raheem Buxton" situation. This guy according to guys who do this for a living is the real deal.

Just a thought..how many of you would have liked to have gotten in on CB Eddie Jackson out of Boyd Anderson early before ALA got a hold of him? People ignored him because his grades sucked. ALA stayed on him and now have a potential stud on their hands. You don't think we could have used him this year?

You don't have to take his commitment to get on him early... Eddie Jackson didn't commit to Bama until around a week before signing day... See how the kid performs in pads first... If we communicate with him throughout the process we'll be in good shape... People keeps bringing up Buxton as if he was a scrub... He was a solid player and produced a great deal at db in high school... He was just a no name like Walford who we took a commitment from at the same time...

Advertisement
Looks like this kid's spring game is his only game footage. I've attached clips of the same game from their opponent's F$. From what I have heard, Henderson has impressive size. He's tall and long, but he has a good frame--he'll be able to carry some extra weight while maintaining his speed. Is he Miami caliber? He's not a dominate-er, but he definitely kept them in the game. He didn't look like a kid that sat out for two seasons.

As for the "Muck" arguement: Clewiston is absolutely a muck city. I go to school with someone who is actually from Immokalee and he considers it to be a muck city. Immokalee is nearly double the distance from Belle Glade that Clewiston and Pahokee are from Belle Glade. Just look at a map. Clewiston had their heyday in the past, but they're a team on the rise. They picked up the former coach from Glades Day and they have been much improved ever since. I believe they gave Cocoa a scare in the playoffs last season.

[HUDL]Belen Jesuit High School vs. Clewiston - Ariel Jimenez highlights[/HUDL]

Henderson wears #8 . #1 has a Miami offer too, BTW.
Belen Jesuit High School vs. Clewiston - Ariel Jimenez highlights

Last edited:
Correct on all accounts but one WEZ! Clewiston didn't "pick up former Glades Day coach". We brought Pete back home! Clewiston grad and QB of a bada$$ Clewiston team from the early "80s... On a side note, Immokalee is on the outskirts of the Muck, but Edge is enough all alone to add them.. Wish we could stretch it out to Ft Myers area.... lol

You don't have to take his commitment to get on him early... Eddie Jackson didn't commit to Bama until around a week before signing day... See how the kid performs in pads first... If we communicate with him throughout the process we'll be in good shape... People keeps bringing up Buxton as if he was a scrub... He was a solid player and produced a great deal at db in high school... He was just a no name like Walford who we took a commitment from at the same time...

Buxton was an average player who we took WAY too early. And my point about EJackson was that ALA was on him and as soon as he got his **** together, he committed to the school that stuck with him. Are we accepting his commitment too early? Maybe.

But then I will refer you back to my list...That list is getting slimmer by the day and is FILLED with kids who are on the "Wait and see" approach. Meaning if we will 10+ games, they will give us a strong look. Most fans don't think we will get even close to that so those kids we have to assume are out. (meaning Benjamin, Snelson, Soloman) Johnson and Pinder by just as good or worse or better then Henderson. We don't know yet.

All I know is that I don't mind getting on him early if the experts say he is the goods. The last kid we took from this class who sat out a year and was an unknown was Deion Jackson. The experts said he was the goods too. He went to some camps and dominated and is about to blow up. It will be a dog fight to keep him but at least we got on him early and that will count for something. (I hope)

Correct on all accounts but one WEZ! Clewiston didn't "pick up former Glades Day coach". We brought Pete back home! Clewiston grad and QB of a bada$$ Clewiston team from the early "80s... On a side note, Immokalee is on the outskirts of the Muck, but Edge is enough all alone to add them.. Wish we could stretch it out to Ft Myers area.... lol

Pete was also a great place kicker. He is actually a free agent for the Indianapolis Colts and he also was roommates with Gus Malzahn in college. I've seen him kick a field goal from the 50 yard line 10 years ago.

Advertisement
Back