We got a commit

Advertisement
Advertisement
actually watching more on the 7 on 7 i can see why he was a take he looks really develop, strong hands , can get up and get it. also has an attitude i wouldn't be shocked if KB was apart of this offer. really wish he had more film but it is what it is.

I understand coleys weird fascination with tall recievers, but why not wait on pinder ? Don't give me the bs "grades" excuse cause pinder has never been out a season because of academics this kid has been out TWO. And for the record pinder wants to be a cane

Advertisement
One of Miami’s recruiting goals is to mine its backyard for underrated and unknown prospects.

Here’s a name even the hardcore recruitniks haven’t heard: Reginald Henderson.

He’s a wide receiver entering his senior year at Clewiston High, and as of today, he’s considered a future Miami Hurricane.

Henderson, listed at 6-foot-4 and 189 pounds, did not have a scholarship offer before arriving at UM for Sunday’s South Florida Shootout 7-on-7 tournament. According to his coach, Pete Walker, he hadn’t even received a piece of recruiting mail from a college.

But he left with a Hurricanes offer, and returned to campus Tuesday and committed.

He becomes the 23rd commit and fourth wide receiver in Miami’s 2016 class, which includes four-star prospects Sam Bruce (Fort Lauderdale-St. Thomas Aquinas), Dionte Mullins (Miami-Gulliver Prep) and Ahmmon Richards (Wellington).

How good can Henderson be?

“Great,” Walker said.

“He’s a 6-4, he can high-point the ball real well. He’s got a great vertical [leap]. [In basketball,] he can stand underneath the basket and dunk the thing. He goes up strong for the ball.

“He’s still learning, but I’m telling you, he’s the best receiver out there. And not just because he’s mine.”

Henderson flew under the radar in part because of his poor grades. He played receiver and quarterback for Clewiston as a freshman, but wasn’t eligible the last two years. Walker said he has raised his GPA over the 2.0 mark, but “has some work to do there.”

“Some hard work,” Walker added, “but I think we can get him caught up this summer. He’s going to do some extra classes this summer.”

Walker said Henderson arrived on Miami’s radar when wide receiver coach Kevin Beard visited a Clewiston spring practice to look at fellow rising senior Tyrin Summers (who picked up an offer then but hasn’t committed).

Committing to Miami will cause other programs to take notice – perhaps Florida State, Henderson’s favorite school growing up. How strong is his commitment?

“I think it’s strong,” Walker said. “He likes the University of Miami. He and I talked about it – he just fits there. He’s not a bad kid by any means, but he’s got an edge to him. He likes to compete really hard. He fits the mold of a Hurricane. I think he’s in. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.”

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...-tall-unknown-wr-commits-to-miami-hurricanes/

I understand coleys weird fascination with tall recievers, but why not wait on pinder ? Don't give me the bs "grades" excuse cause pinder has never been out a season because of academics this kid has been out TWO. And for the record pinder wants to be a cane

Im not high on pinder he has some drop concerns and doesnt really seperate from corners, i havent seen this kid that is committed so i cant compare the 2 yet

Even if is not pinder , Isaiah Johnson the kid that flipped to Florida I was hearing he wanted back in Miami and kid is good

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not getting all these tall, average speed receivers. We already have a bunch.

That being said, he does have a high upside even if this is an early reach take.

@SBNRecruiting: Had him in my top-10 Fla WRs earlier today. Expect his recruitment to really heat up after this commit to Miami. https://t.co/rGOStPiL34

@SBNRecruiting: Of course, with kid being ineligible 2013 & 2014, have to wonder if he'll qualify given new core course timeline requirements.

@SBNRecruiting: But anyway, yeah, that's the 0-star Henderson y'all were asking about who was in the top-10 without any profiles.

SBNRecruiting Knows his S.Fl football. Even though he's an FSU fan, I'll take his word. He got him ranked higher than Pie Young, Dionte Mullins, Snealson, Pinder, and others.

Advertisement
Back