We done with the "Bench Patchan" chatter?

Advertisement
I respectfully disagree. I think what may be happening with our fanbase is that we fall in love with potential instead of on-field performance. The two most consistent DL this season are 1. Patchan and 2. Ford. Rousseau would be in there if he were a starter, which he should be based on the fact that he's a difference maker nearly every time he's on the field.

I'm all-in on Rousseau being a future stud but to this point he has as many missed tackles as actual tackles.

Advertisement
One thing is this a new DLine Coach and he may not be teaching what the previous 2 did.
Myself, I hate Jess Simpson leaving, I believe he is an excellent DLine Teacher, Elite level.

Also I do think they are asking Garvin to play more of a Containment Role.

One thing I saw in this game that I did not see in the previous 2 games, was Diaz got on them hard on the Sideline. He chewed them out also and they started playing harder. Bethel played his best game so hope it carries over for the rest of the season.

Also saw Diaz coaching the Defense some on the sideline and Baker seemed to stay out of his way.

Diaz wants to win and I do not believe he is going to sit back an let the Defense not perform up to a certain standard. We have the talent to run an aggressive attacking Defense, Baker and Stroud might be his friends, but I do not think he will just sit back and let the Defense not perform. If he does he will not be here long.

Baker may not have the personality to get in the Defensive Players ****!!

"He graded out well" and "he did well agaisnt the run" are the new "But he was hustling out there" fact remains they haven't made a play against actual competition
Graded well wtf!! a skewed 77% is what you are holding out to meng? wow, this is the problem with our team ‘s D this year..- our blind fan base not really watching and assessing how patchan doesnt penetrate at all and is basically a non- factor !!
Prior to yesterday, homeboy had recorded both- 0 TFL ‘s and sacks.. smh

Graded well wtf!! a skewed 77% is what you are holding out to meng? wow, this is the problem with our team ‘s D this year..- our blind fan base not really watching and assessing how patchan doesnt penetrate at all and is basically a non- factor !!
Prior to yesterday, homeboy had recorded both- 0 TFL ‘s and sacks.. smh
this was directed to filmcane!

The D line really hasn't been as dominant as in the past, but Patchan has done just fine. Most of the people calling for him to be benched are the same ****posters who think Diaz should be fired the first time he loses a game.

Advertisement
I'm not as down on him as others. Kid can get into the backfield but can't finish. He should have at least 5 sacks on the season already. I do think he might be better off with less snaps.

I would at least play the **** out of him while we're lined up against CentMich. Get those meaningful reps out of the way. Last week and this coming weekend is the time to figure **** out--not against UVA and VaTech.

Advertisement
We are allowing 2.3 yards a carry and 60 yards a game rushing. And people are on here ragging on our line. We have the dumbest fans.

Patchan and Garvin have been doing what they have been asked to do. Rosseau is coming in on passing downs and being asked to rush. They are all playing great.
The Run Defense has been real good, but when we come against a good Passing Team, we will have to generate penetration!!!!!

Advertisement
One thing is this a new DLine Coach and he may not be teaching what the previous 2 did.
Myself, I hate Jess Simpson leaving, I believe he is an excellent DLine Teacher, Elite level.

Also I do think they are asking Garvin to play more of a Containment Role.

One thing I saw in this game that I did not see in the previous 2 games, was Diaz got on them hard on the Sideline. He chewed them out also and they started playing harder. Bethel played his best game so hope it carries over for the rest of the season.

Also saw Diaz coaching the Defense some on the sideline and Baker seemed to stay out of his way.

Diaz wants to win and I do not believe he is going to sit back an let the Defense not perform up to a certain standard. We have the talent to run an aggressive attacking Defense, Baker and Stroud might be his friends, but I do not think he will just sit back and let the Defense not perform. If he does he will not be here long.

Baker may not have the personality to get in the Defensive Players ****!!
This. Losing Jess Simpson hurts.

And Blake Baker is nothing like Diaz.

Some people really just have no idea what they're talking about. Patchan has been a big reason for our great run defense thus far. The problem is Garvin, hasn't been Garvin. Patchan has been more consistent in generating pressure than Garvin and that's a problem. Garvin benefitted a lot playing with Jackson. He needs to do better with getting more attention from opposing offenses. GR and Hill need more burn. And I'd like to see them get some snaps at DT on passing downs.

Advertisement
Back