We done with the "Bench Patchan" chatter?

Advertisement
Patchan should not start for this UM team. He’s the 4th best DE on this team, and the 5the most talented
I respectfully disagree. I think what may be happening with our fanbase is that we fall in love with potential instead of on-field performance. The two most consistent DL this season are 1. Patchan and 2. Ford. Rousseau would be in there if he were a starter, which he should be based on the fact that he's a difference maker nearly every time he's on the field.

Advertisement
The real controversy shouldn't be on why Patchan, the most consistent DL this season, isn't riding the pine. The real controversy is why Greg hasn't supplanted Garvin yet as a starter. I literally feel like every time Rousseau isn't on the field is a wasted opportunity.

Advertisement
Patchan is fine in early downs and is a solid edge setter but Hill and Rousseau need to be in the game with Garvin on passing downs. Patchan is simply too slow and can't beat OT's consistently. As for Bethel, he's a perfectly respectable 3rd or 4th DT but I look forward to Silvera coming back and teaming with Ford as the top 2 DT's. Would like to see more of Nnoruka, Blissett and Harrison-Hunte as well.

Advertisement
I respectfully disagree. I think what may be happening with our fanbase is that we fall in love with potential instead of on-field performance. The two most consistent DL this season are 1. Patchan and 2. Ford. Rousseau would be in there if he were a starter, which he should be based on the fact that he's a difference maker nearly every time he's on the field.

Dont leave garvin out, he's on the strong side, notice how not to many runs are going to his side, so he's definitely holding up at the point of attack. Also in game one, he was used as a spy, but got pressure, its a whole lot easier going against right tackles, but garvin is doing a real good job, dont let the stats fool you!

Not true. Patchan was strong against the run and put pressure on the QB and graded out well in both of those games. Bethel did what he does - provided consistency.
"He graded out well" and "he did well agaisnt the run" are the new "But he was hustling out there" fact remains they haven't made a play against actual competition

Advertisement
wasn’t he granted another year of eligibility? If so he has the defensive end position on lock again next year.

Advertisement
Back