We are underrated

supacane

Senior
I started looking at the teams stats and the game film and two things stand out to me. They are both good for us. The first thing is how little pressure Clemson gets when they rush just 4 players. WF and Virginia QBs both had alot of time to throw even on obvious passing downs. Wake Forest got dominated pretty good but they still had 293 yards passing on them. That's gonna put them in a bind because i think Venables would like to play alot of zone against us but if there is no pressure the zones become really big. I think we have a big edge here. We can definitely create more pressure with just 4 players than they do.

The second thing that i look at is, Clemson running game is actually pretty average. Forget what they did last year. This year against Citadel, WF and UVA they have 110 rushing attempts, 484 yards, 4.4 yard per carry and 161 yard per game. Compare that to us, we have 119 attempts 697 yards, 5.86 yard per carry and 232 yards per game. We keep talking about stopping Ettiene, they have to stop us as well and we have 3 RBs. UVA actually outrushed Clemson 147 to 137. They only had 4.0 yards per carry V WF and 4.4 v UVA.

What Kelvin Harris was saying on that podcast with Manny Navarro is not actually not far fetched. If you forget that Clemson has won 2 of the last 4 titles and they been in the playoffs for 5 years and focus on this season and what they are doing now I think our offense is operating better than theirs, Playoff level and their defense has come down to play closer to ours Above average to good not great. Think about this, FL offense that's been lighting people up through 2 games, averages less than us in total offense, we have 499 ypg and they have 495 ypg. Our total offense is just 13 yards per game less than OU. I'm sold now, we win this game. I thought last week they would win 38-28 and i just use they are Clemson reasoning, now I think we win it , just flip the score in our favor 38-28.

I think because of what we have had to go through for so long we are not recognizing where our team is.

Advertisement
Their OL is not as good as years past. LT is a first rounder, the other 4 are new.

Their DL is not as good as years past. 6 of the 8 on the 2 deep are sophomores or freshmen.

This doesn’t mean we’re gonna win, keep it close, lose big....whatever. I’m just stating 2 facts at the moment. Clemson has had a BIG advantage on both lines over the vast, vast majority of their opponents the past several seasons. I don’t think they have that massive advantage over us.

Advertisement
I agree
We have been losing games because our offense can't put pressure on opposing teams
last year we could barely get 1st downs
now we score at will

Our defense plays better with a lead and this aggressive offense will keep firing! If we can get some stops we got a chance our defense isn’t all world but we are not chumps

I started looking at the teams stats and the game film and two things stand out to me. They are both good for us. The first thing is how little pressure Clemson gets when they rush just 4 players. WF and Virginia QBs both had alot of time to throw even on obvious passing downs. Wake Forest got dominated pretty good but they still had 293 yards passing on them. That's gonna put them in a bind because i think Venables would like to play alot of zone against us but if there is no pressure the zones become really big. I think we have a big edge here. We can definitely create more pressure with just 4 players than they do.

The second thing that i look at is, Clemson running game is actually pretty average. Forget what they did last year. This year against Citadel, WF and UVA they have 110 rushing attempts, 484 yards, 4.4 yard per carry and 161 yard per game. Compare that to us, we have 119 attempts 697 yards, 5.86 yard per carry and 232 yards per game. We keep talking about stopping Ettiene, they have to stop us as well and we have 3 RBs. UVA actually outrushed Clemson 147 to 137. They only had 4.0 yards per carry V WF and 4.4 v UVA.

What Kelvin Harris was saying on that podcast with Manny Navarro is not actually not far fetched. If you forget that Clemson has won 2 of the last 4 titles and they been in the playoffs for 5 years and focus on this season and what they are doing now I think our offense is operating better than theirs, Playoff level and their defense has come down to play closer to ours Above average to good not great. Think about this, FL offense that's been lighting people up through 2 games, averages less than us in total offense, we have 499 ypg and they have 495 ypg. Our total offense is just 13 yards per game less than OU. I'm sold now, we win this game. I thought last week they would win 38-28 and i just use they are Clemson reasoning, now I think we win it , just flip the score in our favor 38-28.

I think because of what we have had to go through for so long we are not recognizing where our team is.
You bring up some interesting points. This is a fascinating matchup and I'm eager to see it all play out. Clemson has championship experience and that's quite significant. Even worse is they have a future No1 pick at QB who has championship experience. Still this really should be one of the most exciting games of the season and I'm certain it won't disappoint.

You bring up some interesting points. This is a fascinating matchup and I'm eager to see it all play out. Clemson has championship experience and that's quite significant. Even worse is they have a future No1 pick at QB who has championship experience. Still this really should be one of the most exciting games of the season and I'm certain it won't disappoint.

It's been a long time since I thought we COULD win a game like this. Because of that, I'll call myself cautiously optimistic.

We used to do it every time, but I can't even remember when the last time was that we beat #1.

If we pull it off, Clemson leaps to my second favorite team for the rest of this year (leapfrogging my standard, "whoever plays the gators")

Advertisement
We put out lots of film getting gashed by outside zone and that counter FSU kept running. They will see that and try to use it. If we stop it I think we win if not it could get ugly

Advertisement
We’ve played UAB and two teams that are 0-2 in conference play. We’re not underrated.
Yeah, we are untested and unproven. The O appears to be much improved, but we need to see how it holds up against a D with a pulse. Big test Saturday to see how far both sides have come and still need to go before breaking out the knee pads.

We’ve played UAB and two teams that are 0-2 in conference play. We’re not underrated.
I was just about to write the same thing.

Clemson completely dismantled WF and UVA regardless of the stats and they did it sleep walking through the game. They’ll be ready on Saturday; Miami won’t be sneaking up on them; this won’t be a “trap game”.

The only team above Miami that shouldn’t be ranked higher is the Independent Indiana Team.

Advertisement
After Saturday we'll be right where we should be, at #1.
You really think a win at Clemson gives us the #1 spot in the polls? Especially with the logjam of SEC teams behind Clemson (Alabama, UGA, UFag)? We will be in a position to be ranked behind Alabama at best, and possibly behind UGA too. The critics get on their knees for SEC and the only thing that changes that is if we win the whole **** thing and shock the world.

I’m more of a one game at a time fan but think about it; an underdog for the season going against Goliath in one of the best Alabama teams of all time (most rounded at top talent per Kiffin yesterday). The path to a million miles starts with the first step. Beat Clemson first and then we can figure out the pathway to being ranked #1.

I was just about to write the same thing.

Clemson completely dismantled WF and UVA regardless of the stats and they did it sleep walking through the game. They’ll be ready on Saturday; Miami won’t be sneaking up on them; this won’t be a “trap game”.

The only team above Miami that shouldn’t be ranked higher is the Independent Indiana Team.
Good no excuses for them when they fall 47- 40 to us.

Two biggest keys for us in defense are to not let Etienne get chunk plays catching the ball outta the backfield and to get pressure on Lawrence. If we can do those things moderately well I think we could hold their O down enough for King and company.

Advertisement
Back