We are underrated

I see a lot of last year and last 2 times we met and their last five years. If previous years count towards this year I guess our split them in early 50,s bowl games could mean this year's game is a toss up
It beats putting on the orange and green glasses to shield you from objectivity.

Advertisement
Very difficult to beat a team twice. We lose on Saturday, we’ll be better prepared for December matchup. Problem becomes, do we make it in with ND in conference?

They play Clemson too. We have to win out regardless

Advertisement
I will lay it down, our coaches should contact the SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY for this game againt clemson. For some tips and how to beat Lawrence and the ***** cats.

The glass half full mindset but hey, this is Canes' message board. We did look very good but our opponents were not exactly world beaters. Having said that, I think we have a chance.
I mean same can be said of Clemson. Wake, Citadel and Virginia isnt anything to be happy about. We should be glad because we got to see a glimpse of what the offense will be and some fans even questioned that after the first game. We have an offensive coordinator so we should be excited to shock the world.

I saw an article today from a newspaper in North Carolina (behind a paywall) that it would be great for CFB and the ACC if UM wins. The reasoning is that it would vastly improve the perception that the ACC is basically just Clemson and a bunch of teams that don't have a chance.

If Miami wins, then Notre Dame beats Clemson you could have a Miami - Notre Dame showdown in the acc championship game, with a decent shot of both teams making the playoffs (although if ND wins, I think a 1 loss Miami team is out, but the ncaa and acc would love to see ND in the playoffs so they get in even with a loss to Miami)

A dream scenario is as written above, but Bama beats UF in the SEC title game and UF gets left out of the playoffs because of Miami beating ND, and a 1 loss ND then bumps UF out. Playoffs would be:

Miami
Bama
Notre Dame
Ohio State

Ohio State beats Notre Dame
Miami beats Bama
Miami crushes Ohio State in National Championship game and gets revenge for 2002.

Last edited:
We’re ranked 7th.
Our QB is in the Heisman race.
We were the team chosen to kick off P5 play this year.
We’re playing in our 4th prime time game.
We have 3 straight College Gameday appearances.
All off a 6-7 season.

On the other hand, our opponent hasn’t lost a regular season game in 3 seasons but we’re “underrated” by not being the favorites. Ridiculous logic. All of you saying “they’re not even that good” are the ones underrating a team.
When I said underrated. I mean this , we need to keep it close, 10 point loss, 1 score lose blah blah blah. I don't care what Clemson did last year and I sure as **** dont care what we did. I watch what im seeing now and I don't think we will be lucky to be in a game with them. I think we have performed just as good as them and I think we are better than them NOW in the trenches. That's all

Advertisement
Who said trench bully ? Their D is solid And has been solid. But let’s get this straight... Clemson beat UVA by 18, with what you admitted, having several key defensive players out? Their D forced 2 picks with their 2nd stringers, stopping UVA from Scoring. UVA’s QB threw for 270 yards, 57 of which were on the final drive in garbage time against backups, and you claim you watched the game?

Against WF, Clemson’s D holds WF to 3 points the entire game until 7 minutes of garbage time left when they score twice after the Clemson scrubs are in and are penalized for a personal foul on 3rd and long they stuffed and PI on 4th down keeping their drive alive, and now their D is a bunch of bums now? You do need to watch these games!

Maybe Clemson‘s D doesn’t have as much depth as it once did, but they’re still a solid, if not top, D.

Again, our O needs to blow Clemsons D up before we say it’s with the “best.”
I don't care who they have or had out. UVA was in the game and I specifically did not mention the score against WF. I watched when both those teams dropped bacback against Clemson they were not pressuring them as much as years past with 4 down linemen. And their run game has been average. Will they step it up against us, they have the talent but I based my opinion of what I seen, I don't care about the score, just what I seen snap to snap

I don't care who they have or had out. UVA was in the game and I specifically did not mention the score against WF. I watched when both those teams dropped bacback against Clemson they were not pressuring them as much as years past with 4 down linemen. And their run game has been average. Will they step it up against us, they have the talent but I based my opinion of what I seen, I don't care about the score, just what I seen snap to snap
Run game is average? Sure, when you count the scrubs’ stats. Ettiene is still averaging 6 ypc?

Last edited:
Run game average? Sure, when you count the scrubs’ stats. Ettiene is still averaging 6 ypc?
Clemson is averaging 4.4 yard per carry and 161 yard per game as a team. 74 teams have played CFB so far, Clemson is #39 in rushing. That's Average. Do you know what we are averaging?

I saw an article today from a newspaper in North Carolina (behind a paywall) that it would be great for CFB and the ACC if UM wins. The reasoning is that it would vastly improve the perception that the ACC is basically just Clemson and a bunch of teams that don't have a chance.

If Miami wins, then Notre Dame beats Clemson you could have a Miami - Notre Dame showdown in the acc championship game, with a decent shot of both teams making the playoffs (although if ND wins, I think a 1 loss Miami team is out, but the ncaa and acc would love to see ND in the playoffs so they get in even with a loss to Miami)

A dream scenario is as written above, but Bama beats UF in the SEC title game and UF gets left out of the playoffs because of Miami beating ND, and a 1 loss ND then bumps UF out. Playoffs would be:

Miami
Bama
Notre Dame
Ohio State

Ohio State beats Notre Dame
Miami beats Bama
Miami crushes Ohio State in National Championship game and gets revenge for 2002.
I would rather UF win the CFP championship, than have the Independent Indiana Team even make the ACCCG much less the CFP.

This week I’l be hoping FSU can pull off a miracle and that IIT ultimately loses at least 3 games (Louisville, Pitt, Clemson, UNC…anyone) in a full season of ACC play.

So, in my scenario, Miami is the only ACC CFP representative and Miami plays the Gators* in the first round and Alabama/OSU … in Miami Gardens.

*(yeah, yeah, I know, I know...”but recruiting …blah, blah, blah” but if Miami makes it to the CFP then SFLA is easy pickings)

Advertisement
I would rather UF win the CFP championship, than have the Independent Indiana Team even make the ACCCG much less the CFP.

This week I’l be hoping FSU can pull off a miracle and that IIT ultimately loses at least 3 games (Louisville, Pitt, Clemson, UNC…anyone) in a full season of ACC play.

So, in my scenario, Miami is the only ACC CFP representative and Miami plays the Gators* in the first round and Alabama/OSU … in Miami Gardens.

*(yeah, yeah, I know, I know...”but recruiting …blah, blah, blah” but if Miami makes it to the CFP then SFLA is easy pickings)
You know what's funny i started thinking about the scheduling this season and i dont think it would be a bad idea to have one division and go with 9 or 10 conference Games. You would get the best 2 teams in the Championship game more often than not

Advertisement
Clemson is averaging 4.4 yard per carry and 161 yard per game as a team. 74 teams have played CFB so far, Clemson is #39 in rushing. That's Average. Do you know what we are averaging?
You gotta watch games Instead of just looking at stats. How many full games has Ettiene played? He is at 6.2 ypc and he hasn’t broken one longer than 29 yards to skew the stats yet.

I digress, we were talking about our O against their D, but keep deflecting.

You gotta watch games Instead of just looking at stats. How many full games has Ettiene played? He is at 6.2 ypc and he hasn’t broken one longer than 29 yards to skew the stats yet.

I digress, we were talking about our O against their D, but keep deflecting.
Did you even read my initial post or just came ion here to chat some random ****? When i spoke about their rushing, that was talking about their OL, when i talked about their lack of pressure that's about their DL. I watch the games, i specifically watch their games before i made the post. U keep talking about who didn't play and blah blah. Ja ja enough, i got it, they are same team from last year and we are 6-7 from last year

Did you even read my initial post or just came ion here to chat some random ****? When i spoke about their rushing, that was talking about their OL, when i talked about their lack of pressure that's about their DL. I watch the games, i specifically watch their games before i made the post. U keep talking about who didn't play and blah blah. Ja ja enough, i got it, they are same team from last year and we are 6-7 from last year
Well since you love stats so much, their D is top 10 this season even with starters out. Guess that’s why you weren’t discussing those.

Advertisement
Back