We are underrated

We shall see if we are underrated or overrated. The only thing is that we haven't played a real good team as of yet. The first three wins are awesome but certainly nothing to be proud of at all. This team had a lot to prove and it starts Saturday night in Death Valley. I have been there a few times and it's a wonderful atmosphere for college day game. GO CANES and I hope Manny doesn't put Pope fielding punts because he is a MAJOR LIABILITY!

Advertisement
What’s the best ACC team Clemson has faced in the last 5 years? Real talk. They haven’t played a great conference team in a while. We legit might be the best conference team they’ve played in years. Probably since some jimbo fspoo teams. They always try to hype up a conference opponent who’s ranked and then Clemson slaughters them. Let’s be different

If you want to be real, Clemson is never really tested in ACC play. 2 ACC losses in the last 5 years? Their D has been solid/one of the best ones in CFB most of those years. But we are talking about us/Miami, and until we execute well and beat a solid D,”best“ shouldn‘t be uttered.
I don't have to wait till we do it against solid defense. Teams are different every year. We are not playing Clemson from last 5 years. Clemson has 4 new players on their OL and other new players. Its same thing I'm arguing against in the post. I'm looking at what i seen from both teams, not what they did in 2019, 2018, or 2017. I'm not looking at just stats, im watching their game film too.

I don’t think we’re underrated as far as the polls. #7 is about right. I think were being underrated in our chances to compete with/beat Clemson. They have 2 trump cards in TL and TE but I love King and our offense too.

We just need to find a few stops throughout the game. Be opportunistic, push them into some 2nd/3rd longs and let that DL get after them. Keep it tight late in the game and see what happens.

I’m sticking with 38-35 Canes.

Advertisement
I don't have to wait till we do it against solid defense. Teams are different every year. We are not playing Clemson from last 5 years. Clemson has 4 new players on their OL and other new players. Its same thing I'm arguing against in the post. I'm looking at what i seen from both teams, not what they did in 2019, 2018, or 2017. I'm not looking at just stats, im watching their game film too.
Why are you talking about the Clemson OL? We are talking our offense. If you want to predict our O will do well agaisnt the Clemson D because we blew up some cupcakes the first 3 games this season, then youre in for a surprise.

Why are you talking about the Clemson OL? We are talking our offense. If you want to predict our O will do well agaisnt the Clemson D because we blew up some cupcakes the first 3 games this season, then youre in for a surprise.
Clemson gave up basically 300 yards passing to WF. I mentioned things I saw in both sides of the ball if u would actually read. WF and UVA had plenty time to throw. UVA out rushed them. UVA lost by 18 points having thrown 2 picks of Clemson side of the field, 1 in the endzone. I don't see Trench bully Clemson on either side of the ball. That is how they have dominated the ACC and able to go toe to toe with other playoff teams.That is outside of playcalling or last year or turnovers. We are looking at games to see what teams have done THIS season to see what can be predictive for future games. There u go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clemson gave up basically 300 yards passing to WF. I mentioned things I saw in both sides of the ball if u would actually read. WF and UVA had plenty time to throw. UVA out rushed them. UVA lost by 18 points having thrown 2 picks of Clemson side of the field, 1 in the endzone. I don't see Trench bully Clemson on either side of the ball. That is how they have dominated the ACC and able to go toe to toe with other playoff teams.That is outside of playcalling or last year or turnovers. We are looking at games to see what teams have done THIS season to see what can be predictive for future games. There u go.
Who said trench bully ? Their D is solid And has been solid. But let’s get this straight... Clemson beat UVA by 18, with what you admitted, having several key defensive players out? Their D forced 2 picks with their 2nd stringers, stopping UVA from Scoring. UVA’s QB threw for 270 yards, 57 of which were on the final drive in garbage time against backups, and you claim you watched the game?

Against WF, Clemson’s D holds WF to 3 points the entire game until 7 minutes of garbage time left when they score twice after the Clemson scrubs are in and are penalized for a personal foul on 3rd and long they stuffed and PI on 4th down keeping their drive alive, and now their D is a bunch of bums now? You do need to watch these games!

Maybe Clemson‘s D doesn’t have as much depth as it once did, but they’re still a solid, if not top, D.

Again, our O needs to blow Clemsons D up before we say it’s with the “best.”

The glass half full mindset but hey, this is Canes' message board. We did look very good but our opponents were not exactly world beaters. Having said that, I think we have a chance.

Advertisement
I was just about to write the same thing.

Clemson completely dismantled WF and UVA regardless of the stats and they did it sleep walking through the game. They’ll be ready on Saturday; Miami won’t be sneaking up on them; this won’t be a “trap game”.

The only team above Miami that shouldn’t be ranked higher is the Independent Indiana Team.

Florida ain't better than UM this year

They're very young. Now is the time to get them. They'll be much better in December than they are now.

Not that we won't improve either. We will as the offense gels more. But they have 6 freshmen and sophomores on the 2-deep on the DL. They have 4 new starters on the OL. By Game 12, they'll be much better than they are now. If we wanna get them, now is the time.
Very difficult to beat a team twice. We lose on Saturday, we’ll be better prepared for December matchup. Problem becomes, do we make it in with ND in conference?

Advertisement
I see a lot of last year and last 2 times we met and their last five years. If previous years count towards this year I guess our split them in early 50,s bowl games could mean this year's game is a toss up

We’re ranked 7th.
Our QB is in the Heisman race.
We were the team chosen to kick off P5 play this year.
We’re playing in our 4th prime time game.
We have 3 straight College Gameday appearances.
All off a 6-7 season.

On the other hand, our opponent hasn’t lost a regular season game in 3 seasons but we’re “underrated” by not being the favorites. Ridiculous logic. All of you saying “they’re not even that good” are the ones underrating a team.

Advertisement
Back