We are underrated

Advertisement
Two biggest keys for us in defense are to not let Etienne get chunk plays catching the ball outta the backfield and to get pressure on Lawrence. If we can do those things moderately well I think we could hold their O down enough for King and company.
Tackle, tackle and TACKLE some more. No silly pf's after the fact.

People are just waiting for us to implode because it's happened before, most notably 2017. The difference is even here we were surprised to find ourselves at 10-0 because we didn't think we really had the pieces in place to be that good, especially at QB.

Underrated does not equal under ranked.

Nobody is giving us a chance to even stay on the field with these dudes Saturday night.
It doesn’t, you’re right. But Miami isn’t currently “underrated” either. Miami is the talk, again, of college football after decimating a horrible FSU team, an overrated Louisville team and UAB.

Miami wins Saturday because Miami shows a more complete game, not because Miami has been under-rated/ranked.

If we don't win this game but keep it close, we'll beat them in the ACCCG.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It doesn’t, you’re right. But Miami isn’t currently “underrated” either. Miami is the talk, again, of college football after decimating a horrible FSU team, an overrated Louisville team and UAB.

Miami wins Saturday because Miami shows a more complete game, not because Miami has been under-rated/ranked.

Again, you're not wrong, but they're the "talk" from the networks...Gameday....the promos of the games....the talking heads on TV trying to generate interest. And sure, we're getting air time because we're undefeated and #7 and have played in prime time, etc.

But I think again what people are saying is, around the country, everyone is still rolling their eyes at the "same old overrated Miami". Go on twitter, go on rivals' message boards, talk to fans of other teams. Everyone still believes we suck and we beat 3 crappy teams and we're gonna get blown off the field on Saturday. I think that's what he's saying. We opened as a 15.5 point dog and many of us think we've got a shot to win. That's underrated.

Our defense plays better with a lead and this aggressive offense will keep firing! If we can get some stops we got a chance our defense isn’t all world but we are not chumps

That's true of every defense out there basically. It makes the other team press, so it favors the defense.

As for the OP and us being under-rated, guess we'll find out this weekend. We haven't played anyone as FSU is only a name that hasn't played up to that name in a while.

If went don't win this game but keep it close, we'll beat them in the ACCCG.

They're very young. Now is the time to get them. They'll be much better in December than they are now.

Not that we won't improve either. We will as the offense gels more. But they have 6 freshmen and sophomores on the 2-deep on the DL. They have 4 new starters on the OL. By Game 12, they'll be much better than they are now. If we wanna get them, now is the time.

Again, you're not wrong, but they're the "talk" from the networks...Gameday....the promos of the games....the talking heads on TV trying to generate interest. And sure, we're getting air time because we're undefeated and #7 and have played in prime time, etc.

But I think again what people are saying is, around the country, everyone is still rolling their eyes at the "same old overrated Miami". Go on twitter, go on rivals' message boards, talk to fans of other teams. Everyone still believes we suck and we beat 3 crappy teams and we're gonna get blown off the field on Saturday. I think that's what he's saying. We opened as a 15.5 point dog and many of us think we've got a shot to win. That's underrated.
Until we prove it by beating Clemson we are far from underrated or underranked. If we beat Clemson and still don’t get top 2 or 3, then we can have this discussion.

Advertisement
Until we prove it by beating Clemson we are far from underrated or underranked. If we beat Clemson and still don’t get top 2 or 3, then we can have this discussion.

If we beat Clemson, we're going to get a decent number of first-place votes. Would be easily Top 3, most likely #2 behind Alabama.

A man can dream. Let's shock the world Saturday night.

You just called our defense average on another thread. Everyone is high on our offense.

How can we be underrated?
Our defense is above Average, good at best. Do u think LSU had a great defense last year? Our defense is good at something things like sacks and tfl but our defense has been average above average. Giving 377 yards to the teams we play. I think so. But our offense is playoff caliber. LSU won with a combination like that. Their defenders just made plays. We can do the same

Yes I think we can win. You are putting way too much into stats. Clemson starters have only played in 4th quarter 1 game. 1 game 3rd teamers and walk ons played whole second half. We have not proved anything yet except we can dominate teams we are supposed to dominate. Yes I think we can score on anyone but our defense is shaky

Advertisement
We're ranked #7 and we're underrated? OK, man. Tell me more come December.
Yeah, we are untested and unproven. The O appears to be much improved, but we need to see how it holds up against a D with a pulse. Big test Saturday to see how far both sides have come and still need to go before breaking out the knee pads.
is Clemson tested, is UF? Whatever you say about Miami u can apply it to every team except UGA of all top 10 teams. Your opponent is not the only gauge of how good you are. The execution of our offense is up there with the best

Yes I think we can win. You are putting way too much into stats. Clemson starters have only played in 4th quarter 1 game. 1 game 3rd teamers and walk ons played whole second half. We have not proved anything yet except we can dominate teams we are supposed to dominate. Yes I think we can score on anyone but our defense is shaky
I have seen them do that for years and still beat teams 60-10.

Miami did what they were suppose to do to those teams. Good teams dont have let downs against lesser comp, in thr past we will find ways to lose those games. I believe we are headed in the right direction being aggressive on offense and playing the usual Miami D of late.

Advertisement
Their OL is not as good as years past. LT is a first rounder, the other 4 are new.

Their DL is not as good as years past. 6 of the 8 on the 2 deep are sophomores or freshmen.

This doesn’t mean we’re gonna win, keep it close, lose big....whatever. I’m just stating 2 facts at the moment. Clemson has had a BIG advantage on both lines over the vast, vast majority of their opponents the past several seasons. I don’t think they have that massive advantage over us.

I think their DL has some holes. They also have some really young guys we can exploit. LB spot is also problematic for them. They have studs at CB and their safeties are eh. Their middle of the defense is definitely exploitable. The problem is their offense. Between 16 and 9, those 2 dudes are the best dudes this current team has ever faced. They are that good and arguably the top 2 playmakers in the country. We have to play a REALLY good game on defense to contain them - I'm not sure I have the confidence in our defense to do that. I think we can hang with them by scoring but these types of games are usually decided by big plays and turnovers. Unfortunately, with the way we fumble/muff and the way they score on big plays, that doesn't necessarily bode well for us

100% bro couldn't said it better. And I'm not talking about polls

People are just waiting for us to implode because it's happened before, most notably 2017. The difference is even here we were surprised to find ourselves at 10-0 because we didn't think we really had the pieces in place to be that good, especially at QB.
We had good pieces in place except at QB....once Herndon and Richards went down, our O was extremely limited. When we lost Herndon (Pitt game) we lost that game, next game Richards was out as well and we lost again. Those games would have gone differently had we not had those 2 major injuries

is Clemson tested, is UF? Whatever you say about Miami u can apply it to every team except UGA of all top 10 teams. Your opponent is not the only gauge of how good you are. The execution of our offense is up there with the best
If you want to be real, Clemson is never really tested in ACC play. 2 ACC losses in the last 5 years? Their D has been solid/one of the best ones in CFB most of those years. But we are talking about us/Miami, and until we execute well and beat a solid D,”best“ shouldn‘t be uttered.

Advertisement
Back