"We are coming for you[NCAA]" - Mitt Romney

It is going to get really weird if the XFL allows non-NFL draft eligible players into the league.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate to say it but I agree, I played 5 years at an HBCU and we definitely needed some type of compensation because we actually had to get jobs in the off season to feed ourselves. But if Im balling on the feild and getting paid for it, why am i even going to school? Im already making a salary...

Its a weird dynamic

What school? I had a friend be a kicker for one. He was from england lol

Colleges arent going to pay athletes for endorsements

Ford Motor Company will

My mistake. Was at work and phone couldn't open the link. I thought it was an intent for colleges to compensate more than just the likeness.

When the government gets involved, misery follows. I'm no fan of the NCAA but I'm positive Mitt and other politicos will **** up the great sport of college football like everything else they try to fix.

The O’Bannon case ended how long along? The NCAA has done Jack **** since.

Politicians are not the answer but at least they will drive the NCAA to do something.

We should be so lucky to be finishing up Romney's second term right now. Nothing would've been better than Obummer being a 1 termer and the current orange mongoloid disgracing the office and this country by the day remaining a 2-bit reality tv "star".

Advertisement
Romey is a total Fing Scam artist... he is the last person you want representing this thing... watch how is family starts getting Fing kickbacks from the NCAA! Classic political win, tell the peeps I got your back while taking money from the ones with the deep pockets!

Romey is a total Fing Scam artist... he is the last person you want representing this thing... watch how is family starts getting Fing kickbacks from the NCAA! Classic political win, tell the peeps I got your back while taking money from the ones with the deep pockets!

Just a question -- why would he get kickbacks from the NCAA when this policy would hurt their bottom line?

There's a reason the NCAA is against this. Amateur athletics is the status quo that keeps them in control of their bottom line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It is going to get really weird if the XFL allows non-NFL draft eligible players into the league.

CFL has been forever. Arena did as well. Doesn't make a dent. Almost like a college degree for the majority of these kids is better, and the managed system of college football puts eyeballs on them not the other way around.

Obama says hello.
Yeah because those two guys are racist, Narrsasistic, small handed, dimwits with bad skin and poor verbal skills who embarrassing our country on the international stage.

I'll take MIT over that POS currently occupying 1600 Pennsylvania ave

Schools with huge booster programs will win but so will schools in big markets. It's no different than the NFL and NBA players being drawn to the bigger markets bc of the opportunities to make money off the court/field. KD, Kyrie and Kawhi all left for bigger markets this off season. LeBron left Cleveland twice for a bigger market. How many big time free agents did the Rams get while they were in St. Louis? They moved to LA and now look at them. Being a big market with amazing weather won't hurt either.

Advertisement
Back