"We are coming for you[NCAA]" - Mitt Romney

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the end of college sports. Enjoy the next couple seasons. You think dealing with pro divas is bad. Now you are going to have 18 yr old kids making millions. They are not gonna listen to a **** thing any coach has to say. Not to mention the entire landscape of college sports will be even more in favor of the universities with deep pockets. Smaller schools are going to go the way of the dinosaurs. And also just from the enjoyment factor. I like college sports over pros because of the effort and "purity" of the competition. the pro are just a bunch of millionaires that dont care. Sad day boys.

Advertisement
The government can’t balance their own budgets and stop jobs from going overseas but they’re going to spend time telling college institutions what to pay athletes? Ok.....seems like a good plan.

I have a feeling paying athletes will either bankrupt a significant number of athletic programs or have them create a new division of schools who can’t afford to pay and therefore pull out of the arms race.

Remember when UCONN lost money going to the Orange Bowl? Good luck maintaining athletic department budgets with Title IX requirements and all the non-revenue producing sports. College prices are already out of hand with the revenue producing sports supporting the rest. If schools have to eat that cost by paying athletes, this sports won’t exist......or kids won’t be able to afford to attend.

Advertisement
The government can’t balance their own budgets and stop jobs from going overseas but they’re going to spend time telling college institutions what to pay athletes? Ok.....seems like a good plan.

I have a feeling paying athletes will either bankrupt a significant number of athletic programs or have them create a new division of schools who can’t afford to pay and therefore pull out of the arms race.

Remember when UCONN lost money going to the Orange Bowl? Good luck maintaining athletic department budgets with Title IX requirements and all the non-revenue producing sports. College prices are already out of hand with the revenue producing sports supporting the rest. If schools have to eat that cost by paying athletes, this sports won’t exist......or kids won’t be able to afford to attend.

Colleges arent going to pay athletes for endorsements

Ford Motor Company will

This is the end of college sports. Enjoy the next couple seasons. You think dealing with pro divas is bad. Now you are going to have 18 yr old kids making millions. They are not gonna listen to a **** thing any coach has to say. Not to mention the entire landscape of college sports will be even more in favor of the universities with deep pockets. Smaller schools are going to go the way of the dinosaurs. And also just from the enjoyment factor. I like college sports over pros because of the effort and "purity" of the competition. the pro are just a bunch of millionaires that dont care. Sad day boys.
I hate to say it but I agree, I played 5 years at an HBCU and we definitely needed some type of compensation because we actually had to get jobs in the off season to feed ourselves. But if Im balling on the feild and getting paid for it, why am i even going to school? Im already making a salary...

Its a weird dynamic

Advertisement
Back