We are all a little raw after Sat., can we all just take a step back?

Easy OB
My man. Let’s just say your talking to the wrong guy if your trying to convince me of any hardship that can possibly excuse 778 yards.
You obviously have no idea the amount of mental and physical fatigue a young man can endure.
778 yards of offense falls 1000000000 percent on the coaching staff and not some young men that had to take 3 tests!!!!!!
Are you fckng kidding me right now!!!

you have 2 backs for a 500 burger and your blaming some dudes for being mentally exhausted!!!

Bama ran a train on Arkansas 53-3 with less than 500 yards of total offense. Last time I checked UNc hasn’t been going to any playoff but their 2 backs put up more yards than the entire Alabama squad.
I guess Arkansas must have their players on Aderral. I guess this beautiful sofla weather is too mentally tasking compared to the teams up north.

As the kids say MISS ME WITH THAT BULLSHT
OP, correct me if I am wrong and I will apologize. If you ever played ball back in the day, I am from the 80's era, 53 now, please tell me a time where you played in a game, and lost, that you blamed it on the coaching staff? Fvck no you didn't, you knew it was all on you. Maybe you played 3 games in 4 days (basketball tournament) and were just exhausted, maybe you were hurt a bit and not 100%, but to blame **** on the coaching staff is a weak excuse not me. Have you ever played a game you lost and said this in on me? If not, GTFOH.

Advertisement
There is absolutely no rationalizing what happened against UNC. None! Stop it. 800 ******* yards? Get the **** out of here.
No rationalization for it. big fella. Just saying, players have to own up to getting whooped. A coach in not the reason the man across from you whooped your ***, it is your fault as a player. Get better. Do you think Manny was the reason Amari Carter got his *** trucked all night, no, I didn't thinks so. He chose to get trucker every time 8 and 25 came his way.

We have no CBs commits worth a ****. Our Linebackers suck and they have for many years. Things will get worse once the players start noticing they haven’t been coached up and will quit.

Easy OB

OP, correct me if I am wrong and I will apologize. If you ever played ball back in the day, I am from the 80's era, 53 now, please tell me a time where you played in a game, and lost, that you blamed it on the coaching staff? Fvck no you didn't, you knew it was all on you. Maybe you played 3 games in 4 days (basketball tournament) and were just exhausted, maybe you were hurt a bit and not 100%, but to blame **** on the coaching staff is a weak excuse not me. Have you ever played a game you lost and said this in on me? If not, GTFOH.
Why is this team the only mentally exhausted enough to give up that yardage?

24 for 308.
23 for 236.

Have some pride and stop giving these losers, from top to bottom, any excuses.

Advertisement
We're stuck for another year at minimum. I'd at least like to not have another performance like this. Whatever it takes to keep that from happening is what needs to be done.

No rationalization for it. big fella. Just saying, players have to own up to getting whooped. A coach in not the reason the man across from you whooped your ***, it is your fault as a player. Get better. Do you think Manny was the reason Amari Carter got his *** trucked all night, no, I didn't thinks so. He chose to get trucker every time 8 and 25 came his way.
golden state warriors smh GIF by NBA

I agree OBMagic. No excuse, but these cats didn't come to play for whatever reason and I do not think it was all coaching staff only. As a player, you have to bring it yourself, coaches can fire you up a bit, but it has to be something internally. I am sure you played sports and know what I mean. The kids were out of it for some reason that no one can explain.

You say "no excuse" and then follow it up by trying to provide excuses for it.

Advertisement
Sht is crazy with people on here trying to rationalize what we saw.

Obviously the athletic department pr department is busy at work putting out the talking points.
So far we have "mentally exhausted" and "not playing GT took it out of us".
Can't wait to see what we get tomorrow

Last edited:
Easy OB

So by that rational...we shouldn't have fired Golden and Dorito shoukd still be the DC correct?

Well, there is certainly no problems in taking a step back.

...Our defense certainly did last Saturday. Multiple times. Dare I say, all game.

I will refrain from saying, "**** Manny Diaz and anyone who supports him." because the joke is getting a bit stale. However when Diaz got hired, my first thought was, "Wait, wasn't he the guy who got whipped by a one-legged quarterback?"

As for "mentally exhausted", I'm not buying it.

When I was those guys age, I was delivering babies from HIV positive mothers, seeing 13 year olds overdose, and treating badly beaten rape victims.

That doesn't make me particularly interesting or tough. I'm no badass. But I had a duty to perform, and swore an oath to do so.

I'm usually easy on the young guys. We all make mistakes, and when you're young, you are still learning about life. ****, I myself am still learning.

But tell me, were these guys, "Emotionally exhausted" before the FIU game last year? No? Because it reeked on the same lack of commitment.

I remember a particular moment in the 2nd quarter last Saturday when Diaz was talking to his team, one of his players was rolling his eyes as Diaz spoke.

...Would players roll their eyes on Schnelly? Or Johnson? **** no. They might have their eyeballs snatched out if they did.

Some of these guys respect Diaz and play hard. Some don't. And as the rap song goes, "Ain't no such thing as halfway crooks."

Coaching AND Players AND Culture.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s no parallels to that game though lol.
Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, and Keith Bullock weren’t on the other side.
Let’s see where Sam Howell and those running backs are in 5 to 10 years.

I’m fairly confident for instance that Howell will be drafted no lower than where McNabb was.

Optimism is hard to come by these days. We tend to fall back to a position of "fire everyone" when things go south without realizing that a change at AD is what it will take.

We'll have to wait and see what happens to the defensive staff, but there must be a change.

You had to know you'd catch some flak for this post, but good on you for posting it.
Agree 100% JD! That’s why my hope was that Frenk would be shown the door as I heard his contract wasn’t gonna be renewed. And of course the hope was we would hire someone that atleast cared about football like the Admiral and showed that clown show Blake James the door. That was my hope, so have you heard anything about if Frenk will be replaced and when it’ll happen?

Agree 100% JD! That’s why my hope was that Frenk would be shown the door as I heard his contract wasn’t gonna be renewed. And of course the hope was we would hire someone that atleast cared about football like the Admiral and showed that clown show Blake James the door. That was my hope, so have you heard anything about if Frenk will be replaced and when it’ll happen?
A smart president understands that the W drives the $ which only helps the E. I haven't heard anything on Frenk except speculation that he might be on a month to month basis now because there was no announcement of a renewal.

I was hoping that @TheOriginalCane might have some info.

Advertisement
well said. I think losing the GT game as a 10th possible win AND the opportunity to get to the ACCG absolutely took some steam out the team. After 3+ weeks of dealing with COVID, quarantine, etc. Some of these kids haven't seen their families since June.
Right, that's why they got their *** raped on national TV. The Manny excuse makers never cease to amaze me with their creative excuse making. You really believe the reason NC humiliated them all night is because they weren't going to play GT? Ripping off long TDs after long TD on the ground and throwing the upside down U over and over again, as they sat their helplessly.
Obviously the athletic department pr department is busy at work putting out the talking points.
So far we have "mentally exhausted" and "not playing GT took it out of us".
Can't wait to see what we get tomorrow
If nothing else they come up with some very creative excuses. The not playing GT as the reason for getting raped on National TV was one I did not see coming.

Peeped my head in just to see what other b.s narrative is being spewed. Canes fans sound eerily similar to Paul George fans.

U act like every school that’s in the CFP hunt, top 25, didn’t have the same playing field as the rest of us. Other programs weren’t shut down for Covid? Other programs didn’t have their students miss being a kid/young adult?? Lol

Advertisement
Back