We are all a little raw after Sat., can we all just take a step back?

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
These kids and staff have been through a **** load of garbage this year. Testing 3 days a week, expectations to make the ACCCG, winning every week, Clemson beat down, broke up squads due to COVID, new offense in short time, you name it, these cats have been through it. So has all the other teams, but the difference is the top 5 or 10 teams have senior laden squads to lean on. We did not (other than a handful). We have improved in every aspect of the game from last season. Was it what we wanted, it sure was better until Sat. Then all the MF'ers that that want to blast the program came out in force. Me included. We are better than last year, are we where we want to be? No, but we are moving the needle. To expect anything other than a top 20 team after last season, which all the old school guys knew we could only be about a top 15-20 team, it was a good season. We now expect better...a correction and bowl win is needed to get this ****** taste out of our mouths. A better season next year for sure. We all know the changes that need to be made, but let's not forget, we had a nice year. It was fun to watch, up until Sat., but it was a fun season and most probably enjoyed it.
Time will tell if Manny and admin. make the right decisions to take the next step, but for now, fvck, I applaud these kids for what they have been through and sure had a fun season.
Don't know about y'all, but I think the ACC taking away the GT game and our opportunity to win 10 regular season games took some gas out of our tank. For whatever reason, it did. Face it. There is meaning to winning 10 games in a season vs. 9 wins. It a hurdle you want to jump. If they cancelled that GT game on Sunday vs. Friday, I think we may have played better Sat. Just my guess.
I love the Canes and in this season of ****, I still say the boys did pretty well. Do we need a change on defense, yes, I have stated that in earlier posts. We need a DC with a philosophy that changes every way we think about playing defense, Manny included. Manny needs to lose the ego that he is a great DC and allow someone to teach him something different. I hope not wishful thinking.
Anyway, that is my rant. I hope we make a significant change on defense and we hold together this recruiting class and maybe even grow it with some DB's.

Canes forever! Keep the faith boys! It has to get better sooner or later. Save me with the Blake James stuff as I hear ya, but don't see any changes there. We have to do it with what we have. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
Boo ******* hoo! That didn’t stop the Lakers from winning the finals, it didn’t stop the NFL from playing, and it didn’t stop other teams like Northwestern, Indiana, Costal Carolina, and BYU to have phenomenal seasons. I wonder what’s the difference between those teams and us?

These kids and staff have been through a **** load of garbage this year. Testing 3 days a week, expectations to make the ACCCG, winning every week, Clemson beat down, broke up squads due to COVID, new offense in short time, you name it, these cats have been through it. So has all the other teams, but the difference is the top 5 or 10 teams have senior laden squads to lean on. We did not (other than a handful). We have improved in every aspect of the game from last season. Was it what we wanted, it sure was better until Sat. Then all the MF'ers that that want to blast the program came out in force. Me included. We are better than last year, are we where we want to be? No, but we are moving the needle. To expect anything other than a top 20 team after last season, which all the old school guys knew we could only be about a top 15-20 team, it was a good season. We now expect better...a correction and bowl win is needed to get this ****** taste out of our mouths. A better season next year for sure. We all know the changes that need to be made, but let's not forget, we had a nice year. It was fun to watch, up until Sat., but it was a fun season and most probably enjoyed it.
Time will tell if Manny and admin. make the right decisions to take the next step, but for now, fvck, I applaud these kids for what they have been through and sure had a fun season.
Don't know about y'all, but I think the ACC taking away the GT game and our opportunity to win 10 regular season games took some gas out of our tank. For whatever reason, it did. Face it. There is meaning to winning 10 games in a season vs. 9 wins. It a hurdle you want to jump. If they cancelled that GT game on Sunday vs. Friday, I think we may have played better Sat. Just my guess.
I love the Canes and in this season of ****, I still say the boys did pretty well. Do we need a change on defense, yes, I have stated that in earlier posts. We need a DC with a philosophy that changes every way we think about playing defense, Manny included. Manny needs to lose the ego that he is a great DC and allow someone to teach him something different. I hope not wishful thinking.
Anyway, that is my rant. I hope we make a significant change on defense and we hold together this recruiting class and maybe even grow it with some DB's.

Canes forever! Keep the faith boys! It has to get better sooner or later. Save me with the Blake James stuff as I hear ya, but don't see any changes there. We have to do it with what we have. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

well said. I think losing the GT game as a 10th possible win AND the opportunity to get to the ACCG absolutely took some steam out the team. After 3+ weeks of dealing with COVID, quarantine, etc. Some of these kids haven't seen their families since June.

Weak *** post. You are trying to give cover where none is warranted. Last game of the year; chance for a NY6 bowl; a team that has taunted Miami in the past; they should be ashamed of their effort. Period. Every team has had challenges this year.

BlahBlah.gif

Advertisement
Boo ******* hoo! That didn’t stop the Lakers from winning the finals, it didn’t stop the NFL from playing, and it didn’t stop other teams like Northwestern, Indiana, Costal Carolina, and BYU to have phenomenal seasons. I wonder what’s the difference between those teams and us?
Hey ******* hero, how about you tell us the difference since you know all the answers. What needs to change?

Weak *** post. You are trying to give cover where none is warranted. Last game of the year; chance for a NY6 bowl; a team that has taunted Miami in the past; they should be ashamed of their effort. Period. Every team has had challenges this year.
Did you ever play on a sports team in HS or college? Just asking.

Advertisement
So......because we couldn't play GT we let UNC run for 550 yards and go for close to 800 yards?
Is that the heck talking point now? That an being the most mentally exhausted team in the country?

Last edited:
Ok, so just keep firing everyone, that is the answer. Who is your head coach for the University of Miami?
My head coach of realistic choice is Bill Clark of UAB as of now or Lance Leipold of the University of Buffalo. Developers, winners, and in Leipold’s case a national champion.

No disrespect, Zbrod95, I know you are an OG. Just wanted to know who you would hire as HC if Manny were to be fired.

Advertisement
There's no excuse for being beaten like that. Literally none. And I'm a pretty understanding dude, and there's probably 1% merit to what OP said. So, losing the game, I'd be ****ed and throw **** like I always do, but I'd understand. We lost a football game, we've done that a lot the past 15 years. But to get beat LIKE THAT....nope. There's no excuse in the world that justifies that one bit.

Man no respect....but you wasted your time typing this long drown ain't response 😂

Did you? Because holy **** your coaches were some pussies if you did.
I did, and if you were from my neck of the woods, our coach took some time to get **** right, but when he did, we dominated.
One thing I new for certain, if we ever lost, which we only did 3 times in career, we ran stairs until we puked and never wanted to do that again.

Advertisement

Optimism is hard to come by these days. We tend to fall back to a position of "fire everyone" when things go south without realizing that a change at AD is what it will take.

We'll have to wait and see what happens to the defensive staff, but there must be a change.

You had to know you'd catch some flak for this post, but good on you for posting it.

I can’t believe that people are still trying to rationalize that *** wupp that we took. There is no virus that’s going to stop a Coach from making a half time adjustment. There is no virus that’s going to allow me who never played or people on here who coached that can realize that they kept running the same thing over and over again and we did nothing.
I can’t believe that nobody on this staff either offense or defense or any GA’s couldn’t see wtf was going on and nobody whipped out an iPad and said hey Fck face look!!
Everyone is dealing with the freaking virus!!!!
I guess rona makes Carolina players turn into Barry Sanders but makes out players look like Stetson.

There's no excuse for being beaten like that. Literally none. And I'm a pretty understanding dude, and there's probably 1% merit to what OP said. So, losing the game, I'd be ****ed and throw **** like I always do, but I'd understand. We lost a football game, we've done that a lot the past 15 years. But to get beat LIKE THAT....nope. There's no excuse in the world that justifies that one bit.
I agree OBMagic. No excuse, but these cats didn't come to play for whatever reason and I do not think it was all coaching staff only. As a player, you have to bring it yourself, coaches can fire you up a bit, but it has to be something internally. I am sure you played sports and know what I mean. The kids were out of it for some reason that no one can explain.

Advertisement
Back