We are all a little raw after Sat., can we all just take a step back?

Peeped my head in just to see what other b.s narrative is being spewed. Canes fans sound eerily similar to Paul George fans.

U act like every school that’s in the CFP hunt, top 25, didn’t have the same playing field as the rest of us. Other programs weren’t shut down for Covid? Other programs didn’t have their students miss being a kid/young adult?? Lol
Covid presnted an additional challenge. Some handled it better than others. Look at the schools that completely lost focus. The elite programs kept their eyes on the prize and didn't let a convenient excuse derail them.

Advertisement
Covid presnted an additional challenge. Some handled it better than others. Look at the schools that completely lost focus. The elite programs kept their eyes on the prize and didn't let a convenient excuse derail them.

This guy gets it.

Thank u!

Peeped my head in just to see what other b.s narrative is being spewed. Canes fans sound eerily similar to Paul George fans.

U act like every school that’s in the CFP hunt, top 25, didn’t have the same playing field as the rest of us. Other programs weren’t shut down for Covid? Other programs didn’t have their students miss being a kid/young adult?? Lol

I have to admit I wasn't expecting the "not playing GT took it out of us"....I have to give them credit

I have to admit I wasn't expecting the "not playing GT took it out of us"....I have to give them credit
It was the timing of the GT cancellation that affected them imo. Once they were eliminated from winning the ACC, which didn't happen until Saturday night after they beat Duke, the UNC game took on a far, far less significant meaning for them. Sunday it gets announced that the UNC game is at 3:30 and not in primetime. Tuesday's rankings cemented their elimination from CFP consideration, and then their final game was cancelled on Friday. It must have been a miserable week at the Hecht culminating in the choreographed ***-raping we witnessed on Saturday. The ACC title carrot was dangled in front of them for 4 months and when that fell through it was all over.

Advertisement
It was the timing of the GT cancellation that affected them imo. Once they were eliminated from winning the ACC, which didn't happen until Saturday night after they beat Duke, the UNC game took on a far, far less significant meaning for them. Sunday it gets announced that the UNC game is at 3:30 and not in primetime. Tuesday's rankings cemented their elimination from CFP consideration, and then their final game was cancelled on Friday. It must have been a miserable week at the Hecht culminating in the choreographed ***-raping we witnessed on Saturday. The ACC title carrot was dangled in front of them for 4 months and when that fell through it was all over.

If true (and I don't believe it is) that is beyond pathetic

If true (and I don't believe it is) that is beyond pathetic
It's unfortunate but not so abnormal. The team was galvanized and ready when they took the field against Duke because their goals were still within reach. Advancing to a NY6 bowl played inside their empty, rented stadium is no prize when compared with the ACC and CFP aspirations that propelled them all year. And besides, it's North Carolina. They don't come here to play in games devoid of meaning against a team like UNC. Fans care about beating UNC because they're our nemesis but playing that game on Saturday was a chore. Nothing more. Watch the effort on some of these plays. Did that look like a team that wanted to be there? Begin with Roche at :35 seconds or any play where Carter was involved:

Last edited:
It's unfortunate but not so abnormal. The team was galvanized and ready when they took the field against Duke because their goals were still within reach. Advancing to a NY6 bowl played inside their empty, rented stadium is no prize when compared with the ACC and CFP aspirations that propelled them all year. And besides, it's North Carolina. They don't come here to play in games devoid of meaning against a team like UNC. Fans care about beating UNC because they're our nemesis but playing that game on Saturday was a chore. Nothing more. Watch the effort on some of these plays. Did that look like a team that wanted to be there? Begin with Roche at :35 seconds:

You can't be serious trying to excuse over 500 yards rushing and over 700 yards total on not playing GT.
Nope not buying that athletic department manufactured spin bullshat for a second.

And if it is true....might as well shut down the program because the problem is unsolvable.

On the bright side, **** hub is cracking down on rape videos, so we won't be catching the replay there.

Advertisement
What a crock of excuses you just gave. Other teams are performing well under circumstances like ours. I's people like you that accept mediocrity at best. Save your comments and go take Blake and Manny to dinner!

You can't be serious trying to excuse over 500 yards rushing and over 700 yards total on not playing GT.
Nope not buying that athletic department manufactured spin bullshat for a second.

And if it is true....might as well shut down the program because the problem is unsolvable.
I don't know who's excusing it. I'm just trying to make sense of it.

62 points and 800 yards? Come on. We're just not that bad.

Its not that complicated. A gimmicky defense that was exploited by an OC that new exactly how to abuse it and had the personal to do it.
Mounting frustration from the players because what the coaches were asking them to do is the very thing that UNC was exploiting.
Its not a coincidence that manny and his "scheme" were on the receiving end of two 500 plus rushing yards games.
NO NEED to complicated it with BS like "mentally exhausted" and "they were disappointed they didn't get to play GT" it sound ridiculous.
They new exactly how to exploit the scheme and thats the part that people shoukd focus on....because if we are still running this zero gap discipline reckless scheme it will happen again.

It's unfortunate but not so abnormal. The team was galvanized and ready when they took the field against Duke because their goals were still within reach. Advancing to a NY6 bowl played inside their empty, rented stadium is no prize when compared with the ACC and CFP aspirations that propelled them all year. And besides, it's North Carolina. They don't come here to play in games devoid of meaning against a team like UNC. Fans care about beating UNC because they're our nemesis but playing that game on Saturday was a chore. Nothing more. Watch the effort on some of these plays. Did that look like a team that wanted to be there? Begin with Roche at :35 seconds or any play where Carter was involved:

If that's seriously true, then beat Clemson (or at least keep it close) and don't let the obviously biased CFP committee take it out of your hands. Players have no one to blame but themselves on that one. And if that was their mindset walking into the UNC game then they got exactly what they deserved.

That's weak.

Advertisement

Maybe not, but we got exposed. You could tell on the first run play that we were in trouble. RB ran through a wide open hole up the middle with not a Canes player in sight. Combine that with a coaching staff that refused to adjust and players that were too undisciplined and came in at poor angles and you get exactly what we got.

We may not be that bad, but we are definitely that weak. Weak in personnel, coaching, and tactical game management. And if the players truly were "emotionally exhausted" then we're mentally weak too.

Hard to see how a program can come back from that anytime soon. You can't coach desire or want to.

Advertisement
Back