We are all a little raw after Sat., can we all just take a step back?

Advertisement
I agree OBMagic. No excuse, but these cats didn't come to play for whatever reason and I do not think it was all coaching staff only. As a player, you have to bring it yourself, coaches can fire you up a bit, but it has to be something internally. I am sure you played sports and know what I mean. The kids were out of it for some reason that no one can explain.

Of course it's not coaching staff only. Everyone plays a part in this. As usual, this board and this world thinks way too much in black and white. The vast majority of life is a gray area. It's not all coaching, it's not all players. But somehow, some way, they combined to form the biggest 55 gallon drum of diarrhea that I have seen in a LONG time.

I mean, we basically played a dollar store version of UNC a few weeks ago in VT. Sure, VT doesn't have quite the weapons UNC does, but VT is a legitimate GREAT running football team. They're 18th in the country overall in YPP, and if you look at just the rushing numbers, they're 10th in the country in YPG, they're 7th in the country in YPC, they're 9th in the country in rushing TDs. They have a very good offense, and an exceptional running game. They averaged 3.9 YPC against us and we held them 80 yards under their season average. Then you turn around and face another exceptional running game in UNC, and it looked like a varsity team scrimmaging a freshman team at your local High School. I genuinely cannot fathom how that happens.

Sht is crazy with people on here trying to rationalize what we saw.
Not really trying to rationalize the *** whoopin we took Sat. Just stating that what these kids have been through is unreal. Think about you having to take 3 tests a week at work. It would suck. There is no other way to explain it other than these kids we burned the fvck out.
What do you think was the issue, a ****** staff cause that debacle Sat. night? Child please.

Advertisement
I agree OBMagic. No excuse, but these cats didn't come to play for whatever reason and I do not think it was all coaching staff only. As a player, you have to bring it yourself, coaches can fire you up a bit, but it has to be something internally. I am sure you played sports and know what I mean. The kids were out of it for some reason that no one can explain.
Perhaps the absolute demolition of Duke made them feel like they were world-beaters, when the reality was that they were somewhat narrowly winning their previous games against Pittsburgh, NC State, and Virginia Tech.

Of course it's not coaching staff only. Everyone plays a part in this. As usual, this board and this world thinks way too much in black and white. The vast majority of life is a gray area. It's not all coaching, it's not all players. But somehow, some way, they combined to form the biggest 55 gallon drum of diarrhea that I have seen in a LONG time.
Yeah, it was bad. We have to put it in perspective and move on to get better. Win the ****** bowl we are in and get Muschamp in here asap. :)

No disrespect, Zbrod95, I know you are an OG. Just wanted to know who you would hire as HC if Manny were to be fired.
Th realistic list is essentially this

1A) Lance Leipold
1B) Bill Clark
3) Jamey Caldwell
4) Chris Klieman
5) Willie Fritz
6) Brian Bohannon

All proven developers, program builders at multiple stops other than Bohannon but he’s been a Kennesaw State for 5 years, good evaluators, and stout with their X’s and O’s. They’re not going to pay for Campbell’s buyout or somebody like him. Those are some **** good coaches on that list.

Advertisement
Th realistic list is essentially this

1A) Lance Leipold
1B) Bill Clark
3) Jamey Caldwell
4) Chris Klieman
5) Willie Fritz
6) Brian Bohannon

All proven developers, program builders at multiple stops other than Bohannon but he’s been a Kennesaw State for 5 years, good evaluators, and stout with their X’s and O’s. They’re not going to pay for Campbell’s buyout or somebody like him. Those are some **** good coaches on that list.

Why do y'all do this to yourselves?

Some people can't take a 'step back' and look at things in perspective, just like others can't type in paragraphs.

Kinda of thing you run into on a football message board I suppose.

It's unfortunate that there is not a game this weekend. Imagine if the last game in the 1998 season was the 13-66 loss to a 3 loss Syracuse game, with no chance for redemption.
There’s no parallels to that game though lol.
Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, and Keith Bullock weren’t on the other side.

Advertisement
You mean actually watch more than UM football? Because football is an awesome sport. Maybe you should try it sometime.

You're always a snarky **** who thinks he's smarter than he is, so I expected the boring response, but I'm talking about discussing head coaches when there is a literal 0.00% chance that anyone other than Manny Diaz will be the coach here next season. You're wasting your time listing head coaches for a job that has no chance of being open lol. Maybe next you can tell us who should replace Bill Belichick next year.

You're always a snarky **** who thinks he's smarter than he is, so I expected the boring response, but I'm talking about discussing head coaches when there is a literal 0.00% chance that anyone other than Manny Diaz will be the coach here next season. You're wasting your time listing head coaches for a job that has no chance of being open lol. Maybe next you can tell us who should replace Bill Belichick next year.
Who said I expected him to be fired? You literally made that up in your head. Somebody asked that question so I gave them an answer. Maybe you should try this thing called reading...

Advertisement
Not really trying to rationalize the *** whoopin we took Sat. Just stating that what these kids have been through is unreal. Think about you having to take 3 tests a week at work. It would suck. There is no other way to explain it other than these kids we burned the fvck out.
What do you think was the issue, a ****** staff cause that debacle Sat. night? Child please.
My man. Let’s just say your talking to the wrong guy if your trying to convince me of any hardship that can possibly excuse 778 yards.
You obviously have no idea the amount of mental and physical fatigue a young man can endure.
778 yards of offense falls 1000000000 percent on the coaching staff and not some young men that had to take 3 tests!!!!!!
Are you fckng kidding me right now!!!

you have 2 backs for a 500 burger and your blaming some dudes for being mentally exhausted!!!

Bama ran a train on Arkansas 53-3 with less than 500 yards of total offense. Last time I checked UNc hasn’t been going to any playoff but their 2 backs put up more yards than the entire Alabama squad.
I guess Arkansas must have their players on Aderral. I guess this beautiful sofla weather is too mentally tasking compared to the teams up north.

As the kids say MISS ME WITH THAT BULLSHT

So UNC didn’t have a rough year, just us? We quit, and there’s never an excuse for that. And yeah, mannys players quit last year too.
These kids and staff have been through a **** load of garbage this year. Testing 3 days a week, expectations to make the ACCCG, winning every week, Clemson beat down, broke up squads due to COVID, new offense in short time, you name it, these cats have been through it. So has all the other teams, but the difference is the top 5 or 10 teams have senior laden squads to lean on. We did not (other than a handful). We have improved in every aspect of the game from last season. Was it what we wanted, it sure was better until Sat. Then all the MF'ers that that want to blast the program came out in force. Me included. We are better than last year, are we where we want to be? No, but we are moving the needle. To expect anything other than a top 20 team after last season, which all the old school guys knew we could only be about a top 15-20 team, it was a good season. We now expect better...a correction and bowl win is needed to get this ****** taste out of our mouths. A better season next year for sure. We all know the changes that need to be made, but let's not forget, we had a nice year. It was fun to watch, up until Sat., but it was a fun season and most probably enjoyed it.
Time will tell if Manny and admin. make the right decisions to take the next step, but for now, fvck, I applaud these kids for what they have been through and sure had a fun season.
Don't know about y'all, but I think the ACC taking away the GT game and our opportunity to win 10 regular season games took some gas out of our tank. For whatever reason, it did. Face it. There is meaning to winning 10 games in a season vs. 9 wins. It a hurdle you want to jump. If they cancelled that GT game on Sunday vs. Friday, I think we may have played better Sat. Just my guess.
I love the Canes and in this season of ****, I still say the boys did pretty well. Do we need a change on defense, yes, I have stated that in earlier posts. We need a DC with a philosophy that changes every way we think about playing defense, Manny included. Manny needs to lose the ego that he is a great DC and allow someone to teach him something different. I hope not wishful thinking.
Anyway, that is my rant. I hope we make a significant change on defense and we hold together this recruiting class and maybe even grow it with some DB's.

Canes forever! Keep the faith boys! It has to get better sooner or later. Save me with the Blake James stuff as I hear ya, but don't see any changes there. We have to do it with what we have. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
Back