WE ARE #11 IN COACHS POLL

Advertisement
So Georgia loses to the number 2 team by 17 points and drops 1 spot. We lost to the number 1 team by 25 and dropped 6 spots. Makes sense.

Notre Dame squeaked by a 1-3 team and actually jumps up to third. Again, makes sense.
I guess Ohio St. doesn't factor into the equation anymore.

Advertisement
I brought this up yesterday. There has to be some objective criteria that was set up in advance like the NFL does - common opponents and points kind of thing - so yeah, they’ll pick ND. Lol
If Georgia has a 1 loss season though they're getting in.

One rule for one...
I should have been more clear ....I was referring to the ACC championship game

***** polls. We just need to tighten up our **** and keep it tight. Polls will take care of themselves.

I still remember the 2000 season when we beat FSU head to head, both teams finished with one loss, and we somehow finished behind them at #3 in the polls, getting screwed out of the championship game.

We were the best team in the country that year and would have smoked Oklahoma.

The polls don’t always work themselves out.

My head is spinning. 0-0 teams in the top ten. A one-loss GA drops one spot. A one-loss UNC DROPS NEARLY 10 spots. The fix is so obvious with these polls. This is less about facts, more about personal bias.
Agree. How in the *** is any 0-0 team in the poll period. This is NOT, a pre season poll, it’s an In season one. What variables and factors determine poll position? It’s gd **** playing football. Maybe these 0-0 teams have been playing each other on one of those 1960’s electric football games. This is Bullshyt. YOU DONT PLAY, YALL DONT COUNT, ffs.

Advertisement
ND is not good, just here to point that out
They need to keep them as highly ranked as possible for the Clemson game. It’s how the game is played with that NBC contract they have

I still remember the 2000 season when we beat FSU head to head, both teams finished with one loss, and we somehow finished behind them at #3 in the polls, getting screwed out of the championship game.

We were the best team in the country that year and would have smoked Oklahoma.

The polls don’t always work themselves out.
We were actually number 2 in both polls. It was the BCS computer poll that ****ed us out of the NC game. They of course changed the computer formula the next year so it would never happened again but still screwed us out of winning a championship at home in the orange bowl that year. Smh

Advertisement
The Canes can’t worry about what other teams do at this point. The Canes are still fortunate because they still have a lot of control over their destiny, unlike the remaking opponents on the Canes regular season schedule.

The Canes just need to focus every week on getting better, and beating the opponent in front of them. It all starts against next week against Virginia. If the Canes get better and win out their ACC schedule (which is very doable until the ACC-CG), the Canes will have a very viable chance to make the CPB playoff.

The Canes can’t worry about what other teams do at this point. The Canes are still fortunate because they still have a lot of control over their destiny, unlike the remaking opponents on the Canes regular season schedule.

The Canes just need to focus every week on getting better, and beating the opponent in front of them. It all starts against next week against Virginia. If the Canes get better and win out their ACC schedule (which is very doable until the ACC-CG), the Canes will have a very viable chance to make the CPB playoff.
Agree but man that’ll take a miracle or a hurt sunshine to win that acc championship game and make that playoff. But theirs always hope right?!

Advertisement
Kelly is such an overrated coach and the team also. It's all politics with this team.
Personally I think he's a fantastic coach.

It's not easy for ND to recruit the best players anymore - they're far from recruiting hotbeds.

They're absolutely paper tigers, but he wins 10 games every year.

So Georgia loses to the number 2 team by 17 points and drops 1 spot. We lost to the number 1 team by 25 and dropped 6 spots. Makes sense.

Notre Dame squeaked by a 1-3 team and actually jumps up to third. Again, makes sense.
Yea its all a bad joke, btw we destroyed FSU n they just beat "#5" lol.

We just got to handle our biz n we'll be fine.

Advertisement
Back