We’re gonna be just fine guys.

@CaniacOnTheDanceFloor

GOAT? I really like Johnson, and he’s probably my favorite Miami coach, but he would have been tarred and feathered digitally if the internet had been around when he coached.
First year: FSU, MD, BC.
2nd year: TN
3rd year: PSU
4th year: NATTY 2
5th year: successfully has a poorly played game stolen in Indiana after nearly giving away a game in Ann Arbor a few weeks prior.

It’s hard to say a guy who could’ve won 5 NC’s but only won one is the goat. And I like the guy.

A heretical comment would be to call him Gus Malzahn 1.0.

Jimmy is every Miami coach’s rabbi.
JJ wasn't perfect. Nobody is. But, he was one heck of a coach at Miami and with the Dallas Cowboys (winning a MNC and three Super Bowls is pretty darn strong). Even Nick Satan loses the odd game here or there...and he has every advantage imaginable available to him (big public school, bags ahoy, tradition, rabid fan base, great boosters etc). Satan was average at best in the pros (his dictatorial style totally did not work in the pros). JJ definitely grew as a coach. No coach goes undefeated. Not possible.

His teams were loaded with incredible talent, they played hard and refused to lose. JJ has given back to the U and remained involved throughout the decades. His value to the program and the University (which always gets a huge spike in student applications, donations & merchandise when the team is strong) has been significant. As a Hurricane fan, I have tremendous respect for JJ as a coach and a person. How anyone can make any negative comments about such a tremendous coach for us is amazing to me.

Advertisement
Bro, that never happened.

And I’m not the world’s biggest Randy fan either.

Recheck your history. We only played them once in the Randy era, it was at their house, at night, with Teabag and their championship lineup.

We kept it close and had their jorts wearing hillbillies nervous for 3 1/2 quarters. They finally got a couple of scores towards the end but not without a little help.

So Randy was ****ed that Urbie kicked an unnecessary FG at the end, said some dumb shlt, and scumbag Urban had some response. But at no time was Randy “bodied”...and again you’re talking to a guy that was over Randy after the first year, so Urban gets no praise from me...
I could be wrong but didnt CoachUM say something and Randy said that he helped us more then he knew or some ****, and RAndy was bodied at recruiting after that year on a regular basis. Im not talking about the game I meant the ramifications Randy with that tail between his legs persona and Manny with the complete opposite type of persona. Randy was soft

Going to war:
(Jerome) Brown stepped off the team plane in Phoenix that Fiesta Bowl week wearing battle fatigues. It was a reflection of coach Jimmy Johnson's message to the team before he left them a couple of days early for TV obligations.

"We're going to treat this like a war," then-defensive assistant Tommy Tuberville recalls his boss saying. "Fighting for the national championship. We're going to battle."

Brown and his Hurricanes teammates took it to heart. They walked out of a team dinner with the Nittany Lions declaring, "Did the Japanese sit down and eat dinner with Pearl Harbor before they bombed it?"

Never mind the fractured historical reference, those Hurricanes indeed adopted a warrior stance. They squawked, preened, intimidated. They were politically incorrect almost before the term was invented.

Coach is GOAT be it college or Pros. What he brought to Miami and Dallas is unmatched. Love that man.

Advertisement
@CaniacOnTheDanceFloor

GOAT? I really like Johnson, and he’s probably my favorite Miami coach, but he would have been tarred and feathered digitally if the internet had been around when he coached.
First year: FSU, MD, BC.
2nd year: TN
3rd year: PSU
4th year: NATTY 2
5th year: successfully has a poorly played game stolen in Indiana after nearly giving away a game in Ann Arbor a few weeks prior.

It’s hard to say a guy who could’ve won 5 NC’s but only won one is the goat. And I like the guy.

A heretical comment would be to call him Gus Malzahn 1.0.

Jimmy is every Miami coach’s rabbi.
So your line of thinking is that Dennis Erickson is Miami’s goat coach?

So your line of thinking is that Dennis Erickson is Miami’s goat coach?
Why are you indulging in this? He just basically stated Jimmy is worse than Larry Coker. Clearly he just needs a pat on the back & a ok big fella.

Advertisement
He's made a lot of good moves. Firing the entire offensive staff and Special Teams coach was EXACTLY what he needed to do. Now, if he can do for the offense what he did for the defense, we good.
fired gus, fired recruiting staff, demoted his boys from co-d coordinators.

I could be wrong but didnt CoachUM say something and Randy said that he helped us more then he knew or some ****, and RAndy was bodied at recruiting after that year on a regular basis. Im not talking about the game I meant the ramifications Randy with that tail between his legs persona and Manny with the complete opposite type of persona. Randy was soft

No, because Urban never pulled anyone out of Miami. It was Broward and north.

Advertisement
Again as an NFL coach he has to be put on a level with Belichick. But his college record … not as impressive to be called a GOAT.

Name me a coach that won championship on both levels and left his teams in such great shape that another coach fills in and won championships....on both levels... That alone puts him GOAT level.

Advertisement
  • First game in OB was a loss to FSU (‘84)
  • Vinny stiff-arming Bosworth for the 40+ yard run for a first down probably was the play that won him the Heisman.
  • Jimmy was a better Pro coach than he was a college coach. He revolutionized the draft by determining player value by round.
  • Diaz has some “Jimmy” to him. Hopefully he’s learned and won’t have any TN, MD, IIT … etc games.

JJ was young but did learn. Howard already knew so when he got his chance, it only took once. Manny is a kid so temper expectations of him. JJ was All Conference player and captain of a NC team in college. Manny watched a lot of football. I like some the moves Manny is making but will withhold jugdement until we see results on the field. He has created a big time buzz.

**** now we using Jimmy in the same sentence with Malzahn... I must be getting old
No, you're not aging in a bad way. Some of our fans are stupid. You're fine, just have to pick through the lunacy on this board.

Bro, that never happened.

And I’m not the world’s biggest Randy fan either.

Recheck your history. We only played them once in the Randy era, it was at their house, at night, with Teabag and their championship lineup.

We kept it close and had their jorts wearing hillbillies nervous for 3 1/2 quarters. They finally got a couple of scores towards the end but not without a little help.

So Randy was ****ed that Urbie kicked an unnecessary FG at the end, said some dumb shlt, and scumbag Urban had some response. But at no time was Randy “bodied”...and again you’re talking to a guy that was over Randy after the first year, so Urban gets no praise from me...

This is facts, my guy. We had them on the ropes and the refs started to get involved or uninvolved on UF’s TD drive to basically seal the game for them and then they kick that unnecessary fg towards the end of the game when the game was already decided.

I think Manny’s gonna take no prisoners out of the gate. I really do believe this year will be the best Miami season in almost 20 years. (Needless to say I’m not tempering my expectations. LMAO).

Nothing about what Manny is doing surprises me and I think he will continue being the mad-scientist, tinkering, best practices seeking coach that wins a few early. No pressure at all.

If we beat UF out the gate, I think we roll and smash to an easy 10+ win season. If we lose to UF, I dunno, man.

Advertisement
Back