We’re gonna be just fine guys.

Advertisement
Picture_1.png

Advertisement
Manny conversing with the GOAT.

Seriously tho, Manny is hungry to cement his legacy, young enough to energize the program and smart enough to know Miami. View attachment 80331

View attachment 80332

Somehow, I am Confident for the Florida game but worried about the Florida State...

Lately we have been good underdogs and terrible favorites. God that ****es me off, Nothing better than being heavy favorites and proving it!
Manny please change this feeling.

Manny conversing with the GOAT.

Seriously tho, Manny is hungry to cement his legacy, young enough to energize the program and smart enough to know Miami. View attachment 80331

View attachment 80332
has to prove it on field so far he is winning big time off it . if Miami wins 10 or more games this season 2020 class is gonna be top 5. diaz to me most closely resembles jimmy as a coach of Miami coaches since but he has to win on field to prove it. I reached a point im tired of being disappointed I was really sure richt would fix things and then he was to stubborn to make changes needed. I am hopeful but I have been hopeful before during last 15 yrs and ended up disappointed so im in a wait and see mode but so far so good

@CaniacOnTheDanceFloor

GOAT? I really like Johnson, and he’s probably my favorite Miami coach, but he would have been tarred and feathered digitally if the internet had been around when he coached.
First year: FSU, MD, BC.
2nd year: TN
3rd year: PSU
4th year: NATTY 2
5th year: successfully has a poorly played game stolen in Indiana after nearly giving away a game in Ann Arbor a few weeks prior.

It’s hard to say a guy who could’ve won 5 NC’s but only won one is the goat. And I like the guy.

A heretical comment would be to call him Gus Malzahn 1.0.

Jimmy is every Miami coach’s rabbi.

Our wonderful school made JJ keep much of Howard’s staff because many players wanted either of two of them to replace Howard. Those smacks undermined JJ all year and even some of the players looked disinterested after they beat Arburn and gators. JJ was young and got out coached a couple times, especially those two bowl games that cost us two titles. But he crushed the reigning beast of college football, OU, and destroy the option for decades. He also created The U and left behind a Butch infused monster team for Dennis to win two with.

Howard is the father of Hurricane championships but JJ was the father of our brand and greatness. You have to remember that unlike other teams, Miami was actually a creature of the players, not some great coach or support system. Not to mention us. Anyone who was graced by God to be in OB back in the day, knows that our fans were unmatched. 2017 against ND at the Rock gave the youngens a taste of those days.

Advertisement
Jimmy did an incredible job during his tenure at Miami. I concur, JJ was a better coach in the pros but learned immensely while at the U. Should’ve had at least 2 more titles which would’ve given him 5 in total across college and the NFL. Hopefully Manny picked up invaluable information from the legend and that JJ remains a close confidant for Diaz. Get us to 10 wins at least this season and the floodgates could open for Top 5 classes and the CFP in a few years with the talent we can obtain. Everyone in So FL is dying for the team to become consistent, strong contenders. Win the Coastal year in/year out and make life miserable for good ‘ol boy Dabo. Then let’s see if we can remain in the upper echelon of college football more than a season, ESPN ate it up in 2017.

@Dwinstitles I had a hunch he had to be talking to some U greats... I like that.
Im not going to lie the most impressed i have been with MD (i go back and forth cause of our recent past) the kicking teams *** was true boldness and very nuts to say. That is a great sign just being bold enough to say something like that is unheard of here since the early 90's. Different when coaches do it....the last guy to be like that was Urban IMO when he bodied Randy n said some ****.

I said it was heretical and obviously facetious. No Malzahn is NOT in the same sentence with Johnson. Not sure if banners would’ve flown because Johnson also won some HUGE games too.

I’ll take the L.

You made some good points about the loses he took and he should have more rings. As time goes by I think people lose sight of how impactful Jimmy was to football in general. His era in college and the NFL are always the most mentioned.

Im not going to lie the most impressed i have been with MD (i go back and forth cause of our recent past) the kicking teams *** was true boldness and very nuts to say. That is a great sign just being bold enough to say something like that is unheard of here since the early 90's. Different when coaches do it....the last guy to be like that was Urban IMO when he bodied Randy n said some ****.

Bro, that never happened.

And I’m not the world’s biggest Randy fan either.

Recheck your history. We only played them once in the Randy era, it was at their house, at night, with Teabag and their championship lineup.

We kept it close and had their jorts wearing hillbillies nervous for 3 1/2 quarters. They finally got a couple of scores towards the end but not without a little help.

So Randy was ****ed that Urbie kicked an unnecessary FG at the end, said some dumb shlt, and scumbag Urban had some response. But at no time was Randy “bodied”...and again you’re talking to a guy that was over Randy after the first year, so Urban gets no praise from me...

Advertisement
One thing is for certain....the program is in the hands of one of THE most -- if not THE most cerebral cats in the game right now.
If something isn't working, Jefe has what it takes to evolve into something that will.
I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion, but Mano has the ingredients that form legends, and we could be lucky enough to have him here before his ascent really takes off..

Advertisement
Manny is certainly reaching out to the right one! I sure hope he puts what Jimmy tells him to work.

@CaniacOnTheDanceFloor

GOAT? I really like Johnson, and he’s probably my favorite Miami coach, but he would have been tarred and feathered digitally if the internet had been around when he coached.
First year: FSU, MD, BC.
2nd year: TN
3rd year: PSU
4th year: NATTY 2
5th year: successfully has a poorly played game stolen in Indiana after nearly giving away a game in Ann Arbor a few weeks prior.

It’s hard to say a guy who could’ve won 5 NC’s but only won one is the goat. And I like the guy.

A heretical comment would be to call him Gus Malzahn 1.0.

Jimmy is every Miami coach’s rabbi.
he might have won only 1 nc.but his recruits won 2 more after he left.even bellicich comes to sfla to pick jjs brain.

Come Aug 31 we will see a different Miami team than the ones we've seen the last 15 years.he's already sent some of the disruptive players packing in a year he will weed out the rest.a category 10 storm is brewing in sfla and I love it.we are gonna hit saban and dabos teams so hard that deer antler ***** spray they invest will come shooting out they're backends.

Advertisement
Back