Waynmon Steed's Mid Season Highlights

Advertisement
need more studs at lb. . . we have alot riding our our three frosh . . . he fits the bill

Advertisement
Steed's speed is underrated. He will be the fastest LB we've signed since Jermaine Grace.

Advertisement
He will be a beast at Will. He will push Darrion Owens for that #2 spot at Will behind Michael Pinckney and allow the staff to move Jamie Gordinier back inside.

Gone are the days of guys like Terry McCray playing LB for The U, savages only.

Advertisement
Not very impressive. Shows nothing in coverage and most of his tackles were pile jumps.

You might get that impression when you first see that he doesn't jump off the screen with huge bone jarring hits and he's not huge. I did when I first saw him early on.

But he can play. Every time I watch I'm more impressed. Has good speed and is a solid athlete, but he comes off as well coached, skilled, instinctual, and intelligent. The game moves slower to him.

Notice how he's always in position. I think his 'speed' mostly comes from the fact that he's always in position and always takes good angles. Sure tackler, stays low shedding blocks, all the little things. This is just a highlight so obviously it's only the good but he looks like a mistake free type of player you can trust as a freshman like the three amigos this season.

Not very impressive. Shows nothing in coverage and most of his tackles were pile jumps.

Lmao, did you even watch the film??? This was a mid season highlight that could definitely use more coverage highlights as there is only one play highlighting his coverage skills but definitely the film lacks pile jumps on his behalf.

Steed's speed is underrated. He will be the fastest LB we've signed since Jermaine Grace.

He moves like a running back

Makes sense being that I played running back in high school and college. I wanted him to play running back in little league but he was always one of the bigger kids on the team. Plus they had kids like Tyler Huntley running the ball so there was no need lol.

Advertisement

faster than mccloud?

Wayne sr., good stuff. Who's the toughest guy your son has gone up against on the field?

Can't coach instincts and this kid has it. Prototypical South Florida stud linebacker prospect in that he is not the biggest but has plenty of Speed, Instincts and he brings the wood.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back