Waynmon Steed

D

deleted19425

replaces #53

#53 has been awful all season. Somebody needs to step up and take his spot.

“Looks like Tarzan, plays Like Jane”

Advertisement
replaces #53

#53 has been awful all season. Somebody needs to step up and take his spot.

“Looks like Tarzan, plays Like Jane”

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope somebody pushes him. He's been over-hyped on here since day one IMO.

Lets give Zach a mulligan here. He had a bad year. I am sure he knows that and will use this as fuel going into the Spring. He basically got benched last game. I thought we had learned our lesson with giving up on players too early in their careers? If the light comes on for this kid, everything changes for this D. He has that much potential.

Advertisement
Honestly all the linebackers were slightly disappointing but I expect all three to seriously take the next step in year three similar to the leap Jaquan had let’s see.

It's not Zach, it's those dum@$$ assignments that only a coach that's never played a lick of orgnanized football is asking Him to do.

Advertisement
I can't wait to see Steed in spring. Hope he's feeling healthy.

The injury set back his conditioning a bit. He needs to shed some pounds. When he's at full strength, I think he's the most intriguing of the young LBs.

The injury set back his conditioning a bit. He needs to shed some pounds. When he's at full strength, I think he's the most intriguing of the young LBs.

definitely, but I dont expect him to beat out McCloud as a starter. These young LBs got it good though because we sub at LB a whole lot. And with Owens transfering out, and Gordinier retiring, there is going to be some clear openings. And I'd expect for Terry McCray to be leaving too, since I don't think he got like any PT this yr. Charles Perry will likely stay though.

I think we r all sleeping a little on Wilder. He played specials since day 1 and looked pretty good doing it. He got some run at Lb this yr so I expect him to be in the 2 deep come summer or maybe even spring. I think he has major potential

It's not Zach, it's those dum@$$ assignments that only a coach that's never played a lick of orgnanized football is asking Him to do.

in contrast to those assignments the former coach who played Linebacker for penn state had our lbs in?

Advertisement
To say McCloud “plays like Jane” is ******* ridiculous, unfunny, and embarrassing.

He played like **** at times but the last thing he did was play like a *****.

McCloud has taken a lot of bad angles over the past two seasons, but he does not play soft, far from it. On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with hungry youngbuks pushing the incumbents.

If Miami had adequate recruiting, McCloud wouldnt have seen the field outside of a situational role until his junior year.

Due to circumstance, hes played two years when he wasnt ready. As a result...looks amazing sometimes, looks a little lost and unprepared other times.

The answer isnt to put another 1st or 2nd year player out there.

Advertisement
If McCloud plays like he did this past season, it shouldn't be hard for anyone to pass him up. My "money" is on Wilder to take that spot.

McCloud was the best player on defense in the Pitt game. He had some awful games. You can say the same for Redwine. You could've easily mistaken Redwine for Knowles against Whisky. He couldn't cover or tackle.

I have challenged Steed to get in football shape before Mat Drills. He is a naturally thick kid, so he needs to stay active in order to keep the excess weight off. He is ready to go and he really likes the Will position but if asked to play Strong, I'm sure he will be ready for that also. We both agreed that Darrien Owens leaving was not a good thing and he was welcoming the competition this spring. In my opinion, Steed is A+ against the run and those instincts will always be there. I am curious as to what his pass coverage will look like since the injury as he works his way back into rotation. He was on scout team most of the season so he has been getting some work but it's not much they allow you to do on scout.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back