Waynmon Steed

I think we r all sleeping a little on Wilder. He played specials since day 1 and looked pretty good doing it. He got some run at Lb this yr so I expect him to be in the 2 deep come summer or maybe even spring. I think he has major potential

I agree...Wilder has the potential and speed to be nasty. He just need to gain some weight. Out there looking like Kevin Durant with dreads...

Advertisement
I can't wait to see Steed in spring. Hope he's feeling healthy.

The injury set back his conditioning a bit. He needs to shed some pounds. When he's at full strength, I think he's the most intriguing of the young LBs.

I have challenged Steed to get in football shape before Mat Drills. He is a naturally thick kid, so he needs to stay active in order to keep the excess weight off. He is ready to go and he really likes the Will position but if asked to play Strong, I'm sure he will be ready for that also. We both agreed that Darrien Owens leaving was not a good thing and he was welcoming the competition this spring. In my opinion, Steed is A+ against the run and those instincts will always be there. I am curious as to what his pass coverage will look like since the injury as he works his way back into rotation. He was on scout team most of the season so he has been getting some work but it's not much they allow you to do on scout.

Anything that we could have done to keep DO?

I've learned a lesson from this board... we quickly boost a player up like we did Zach this summer then down them when they don't live up to our exaggerated expectations. Zach is a baller that experienced some let downs. ... the ENTIRE defense did at some point during the season. these kids know .. I have faith that we have a good Corp of LBs and looked forward to watching them taking the next step.. we expected to have the best D in the country and I admit I got caught up in the hype ... when the fact of the matter we had a very young D and they did a good job helping us going 10 and 3 and playing for the ACC for the first time in the school's history.. this board is most active on the negative.. I look forward to us doing the best that we can with the best that we have

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I can't wait to see Steed in spring. Hope he's feeling healthy.

The injury set back his conditioning a bit. He needs to shed some pounds. When he's at full strength, I think he's the most intriguing of the young LBs.

I have challenged Steed to get in football shape before Mat Drills. He is a naturally thick kid, so he needs to stay active in order to keep the excess weight off. He is ready to go and he really likes the Will position but if asked to play Strong, I'm sure he will be ready for that also. We both agreed that Darrien Owens leaving was not a good thing and he was welcoming the competition this spring. In my opinion, Steed is A+ against the run and those instincts will always be there. I am curious as to what his pass coverage will look like since the injury as he works his way back into rotation. He was on scout team most of the season so he has been getting some work but it's not much they allow you to do on scout.

Anything that we could have done to keep DO?
No DO has already made preparations to start on his master this semester. This plan was already in the making before this season started

Steed... BJ and Wilder will be ready..and don't be surprised to D Smith or Romeo being added to the Corp of LBs

Advertisement
Back