Watching Shrine game

Next up: Denzel Perryman.

Watch what he looks like and how flexible and explosive he's going to be now that he yanked the Folden gravy feeding tube out of his esophaqus (can't believe this board is censoring eso****us).

Perryman will be a total monster in the NFL. Future pro bowler.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This staff didn't want Denzel Perryman how retarded these dudes r? Everyone knew DP was a beast and we aren't even coaches, these guys getting millions and can't evaluate for ****.

Are you saying they didn't want him, but signed him anyway?

Yea it was pretty popular on these boards that Al was hesitant to sign Denzel. Barrow lobbied for DP. I believe FSU was putting forth effort to steal him.

I just hope that the 3-4 is gone because the players on this roster are built to succeed in a 4-3 scheme..Plus let that be one of the changes being made.

Advertisement
I just hope that the 3-4 is gone because the players on this roster are built to succeed in a 4-3 scheme..Plus let that be one of the changes being made.

Think of aqm and chad Thomas as bookends in a 4-3. Slide grace to wlb and we've got something .

Next up: Denzel Perryman.

Watch what he looks like and how flexible and explosive he's going to be now that he yanked the Folden gravy feeding tube out of his esophaqus (can't believe this board is censoring eso****us).

Perryman will be a total monster in the NFL. Future pro bowler.

Soo Denzel didn't look good in college? Dp did good in this scheme. While chick is holding up o lineman, what you think that does for dp?

Advertisement

Holy ****...he literally looks ecstatic and relieved to be playing in a 4-3 and getting the proper coaching. His face lights up when talking about how he fits in a 4-3. Then you can see his face turn upside down when mentioning the bull **** 3-4 two gap he was subjected under.

**** you Al Golden.

Man that OT held him at the 35 sec mark that should have been a sack

Chick named Defensive MVP. I'm looking forward to Denzel, Clive, and Philip in the North-South Senior Bowl. I think Denzel will get a lot of scouts' attention.

People can talk about Denzel's height and 40 all they want, but he will be 1 of the best lb's in the nfl next year. It was obvious since his jr. Tape in highschool that he was special. He's a beast and I hope the Dolphins draft him. Clive and Dorsett are going to make an impact in the league also. Feliciano is another guy I see starting eventually. Duke, flowers, Chickillo, wow what was our record again?

Yeah, Perryman was great as a junior at Gables. #2 making plays all over the place. I raved about him on Rivals after seeing him a few times that year.

He needs to lose quite a bit of weight to maximize his potential in the NFL. We've got him too jacked up for his frame. At his current weight he's too sluggish for the current NFL. Guys like Dawson from TCU will run circles around him and make plays that Perryman cannot.

I'm confident Perryman will figure this out.

Chickillo was never a legit 5 star. But no question he should have been a moderate sized defensive end in a 4-3. He's projected as early as the 4th round.

Notice that for all the recent Canes who bloom as pros, they aren't defensive tackles. Our weakness there has been every bit as blatant as advertised. Pierre didn't do much in that other all star game last week. Our interior guys are handcuffed in our current scheme. They are limited regardless.

Those all star games are designed to allow the defense to thrive, BTW. Note the low scoring in virtually every one. They use pro rules like lots of snaps from center, if not exclusive snaps from center, things that apply to NFL moreso than college. You don't see 4 or 5 wide or zone read type stuff. With limited practices it's natural for defenders to have an edge over offenses with a short playbook. The only time offenses occasionally thrive is in the Senior Bowl if some of the special quarterbacks show up.

I forgot to mention that it was important for Chickillo to receive the extra spotlight, after his stock took a hit in the season finale against Pittsburgh. Those holes were gaping. Clemmings destroyed Chickillo all game long.

Now it looks like Clemmings will be drafted very, very high, perhaps top 5 or 10. I remember when he was highly rated out of high school, but on defense.

Advertisement
Hold on a god **** minute. Isn't the King of blaming the players his former Head Coach at Miami? I mean it's always "the players aren't doing this" or "the players didn't do that" kinda horse**** outta his powdered sugar encrusted mouth. If Chick is gonna be mad at someone he needs to be mad at that fat **** for :
1. Putting him in a scheme that lost him MILLIONS of dollars
2. Blaming the players for inept coaching and a 6-7 record his senior year

Good coaches adapt schemes to fit their players. Golden . . . .

No. Good coaches recruit the right players to their scheme. Now, if the scheme he chooses is wrong in the first place, that's a valid thing to criticize.

We saw what happened when Jimmy Johnson had to play a scheme he didn't like, didn't believe in, and didn't know, in 1984. He had to start recruiting the talent to fit that scheme, although he was able to make such changes like turning LBs into DE's, etc.

An even greater example is when Dennis Erickson went to a 2 back because he had Larry Jones, James Stewart and Donnell Bennett. After a few games, he switched back, because it didn't always work. He said, "we'll go back to what we know."

I would be very relucant to suggest that a coach use a scheme he doesn't know and doesn't believe in. I think we can win with a 3-4, but I don't like how Golden is doing it. Maybe if he gets more of the type of players he thinks fit his philosophy, maybe it will work. Despite our likely very successful group of draftees, I'm not convinced he has the players he needs or wants, yet.

Chad thomas already has realized he is gonna have to free lance to be successful in that scheme I hope other do the same

Good coaches adapt schemes to fit their players. Golden . . . .

No. Good coaches recruit the right players to their scheme. Now, if the scheme he chooses is wrong in the first place, that's a valid thing to criticize.

We saw what happened when Jimmy Johnson had to play a scheme he didn't like, didn't believe in, and didn't know, in 1984. He had to start recruiting the talent to fit that scheme, although he was able to make such changes like turning LBs into DE's, etc.

An even greater example is when Dennis Erickson went to a 2 back because he had Larry Jones, James Stewart and Donnell Bennett. After a few games, he switched back, because it didn't always work. He said, "we'll go back to what we know."

I would be very relucant to suggest that a coach use a scheme he doesn't know and doesn't believe in. I think we can win with a 3-4, but I don't like how Golden is doing it. Maybe if he gets more of the type of players he thinks fit his philosophy, maybe it will work. Despite our likely very successful group of draftees, I'm not convinced he has the players he needs or wants, yet.

This is like the chicken and the egg, and just about as pointless.

Bottom line for Alice: he's had 4 years and has a losing record. You want to give him more time. How sweet.

Bottom line for you: SLURPER!

Advertisement
Back