Watch congdon on the pull

Think this also helps RR. Even when he and SJ get the double team right they struggle to create running lanes. RR isn’t the strongest center so it helps surrounding him with this mauler and Buchanan on the other side
It definitely needs to change, and there has to be a balance. Be cerebral all you want but you have to have the size and strength. Be a rock and big and strong and that will also get you only so far.

I trust both guys who have their fingerprints on the line. But it’s time to see some changes no doubt. Cantwell and Congdon need more PT. More importantly they need to trust themselves, quit thinking, and go do what you were born to do.
 
I’m really surprised with Cantwell only getting 16 snaps last night. It’s looking more and more like he’s just not as advanced as the coaches had hoped.

I was counting on him to come in and start from day one like Cici but it just doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.
 
I’m really surprised with Cantwell only getting 16 snaps last night. It’s looking more and more like he’s just not as advanced as the coaches had hoped.

I was counting on him to come in and start from day one like Cici but it just doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.
people thought similar about Samson and look how he turned out. He just cant play guard, hes not as flexible as cogdon.
 
people thought similar about Samson and look how he turned out. He just cant play guard, hes not as flexible as cogdon.
Samson had a serious injury and missed his FR season. That's the major reason it took him longer.

Cantwell, as strong and athletic as he is, played very week competition in H.S., so it makes sense that he needs some time to develop. Cici had top notch coaching and played top competition as IMG and was ready to hit the ground running.
 
I’m really surprised with Cantwell only getting 16 snaps last night. It’s looking more and more like he’s just not as advanced as the coaches had hoped.

I was counting on him to come in and start from day one like Cici but it just doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.
If you saw his high school tape, it’s not surprising at all. He needs time to cook, he will be fine.
 
I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Cogdon, Buchanon, and Merrieweather all rotating at the guards spot. Which I think that should be the focus, let SJ focus on backup Center and then maybe bring him in as a goal line h back or whatever.

I know people are disappointed about Cantwell not being able to be ready now but I still have faith he’s going turn out to be an amazing player.
 
I’m really surprised with Cantwell only getting 16 snaps last night. It’s looking more and more like he’s just not as advanced as the coaches had hoped.

I was counting on him to come in and start from day one like Cici but it just doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.
I just think the staff realize that he is a LT all the way and Samson is just better than him right now. Also with this being Samson’s first season starting at LT, he needs as many reps as he can get.
 
I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Cogdon, Buchanon, and Merrieweather all rotating at the guards spot. Which I think that should be the focus, let SJ focus on backup Center and then maybe bring him in as a goal line h back or whatever.

I know people are disappointed about Cantwell not being able to be ready now but I still have faith he’s going turn out to be an amazing player.
There’s a stigma (especially in the NIL era) about five star players not playing right away. But more times than not, in the trenches and at QB particularly, time to develop without the pressure of playing right away helps both the player and the team in the long run.

Besides, god forbid we take an injury at the tackle position, we are gonna need a guy like Cantwell to step up.
 
Was Congdon hurt? Maybe that’s why he got limited snaps after all the camp hype? Maybe freshman concentration problems? Idk im guessing trying to figure out how he can go from hyped as the next thing at the end of camp to limited snaps in season to now he’s the clear LG all within the same month
 
CIS verdict in on Cantwell?

1790591754191.png
 
Before fall camp started @dycane mentioned the first month of season would need to be survived with the OL. I’m now wondering if it was expressly because Meriweather wasn’t ready and still recovering. Line looks better with him available at guard, gives a bunch more versatility in the rotation
 
Before fall camp started @dycane mentioned the first month of season would need to be survived with the OL. I’m now wondering if it was expressly because Meriweather wasn’t ready and still recovering. Line looks better with him available at guard, gives a bunch more versatility in the rotation
there was a suspension that was rescinded
 
Was Congdon hurt? Maybe that’s why he got limited snaps after all the camp hype? Maybe freshman concentration problems? Idk im guessing trying to figure out how he can go from hyped as the next thing at the end of camp to limited snaps in season to now he’s the clear LG all within the same month
I’ve asked this at least 5x. Going from near starter to invisible in the first few games was odd to say the least.
 
SJ still gonna be staring at Guard. They may rotate, but Mario likes him.
Yep, I fully expect to see the same starting 5 next Saturday night. The key question is whether or not 58/71 know all the line calls and are ready.
 
Back
Top