Wasted oppurtunity

I think richt has done an amazing job this season all things considered. Im not gonna talk about yalls golden boy. Im also gonna warn yall about putting so much on williams shoulders. Alot of people arent too sold on him.kid does have alot of potential so lets just hope for the best. Hes gonna have to fight with nkosi & possibly weldon depending on how his off season goes. Staff loves nkosi & his potential. My one criticism towards staff this year is we really wasted an oppurtunity with nkosi. This schedule was tailor made for him to grow and get his experience in while playing a very mediocre competition level & still keeping us relevant due to our defense. Even if you cant really let him feel himself you gotta give him the basics and do him... Now its simply moving on to next season and a more difficult schedule with a qb who has no game experience regardless who wins. Feel free to start with your rosier is god comments. Ill simply respond to that once. Youre all morons who need to move on to fiu. Cause clearly runner up is great for yall.

He should of prepped him early....we had no chance againt Clemson with Malik

Advertisement
Disagree. Rosier flat out won the QB competition. He proved Richt wrong and earned it. Hindsight is 20/20. We didn't know Rosier would be this bad on the road.

Dee is right, I stopped talkin **** about Malik after FSU but he is who he is the thing I dont get knowing next years schedule why didnt he just start Perry? I get the redshirt thing but opening vs LSU is going to be a difficult game, if Malik starts we fuqed. MR even said that he didnt think the kid would ever play at UM that says alot, I hope we go a different direction next season and we close strong on the trail

I think richt has done an amazing job this season all things considered. Im not gonna talk about yalls golden boy. Im also gonna warn yall about putting so much on williams shoulders. Alot of people arent too sold on him.kid does have alot of potential so lets just hope for the best. Hes gonna have to fight with nkosi & possibly weldon depending on how his off season goes. Staff loves nkosi & his potential. My one criticism towards staff this year is we really wasted an oppurtunity with nkosi. This schedule was tailor made for him to grow and get his experience in while playing a very mediocre competition level & still keeping us relevant due to our defense. Even if you cant really let him feel himself you gotta give him the basics and do him... Now its simply moving on to next season and a more difficult schedule with a qb who has no game experience regardless who wins. Feel free to start with your rosier is god comments. Ill simply respond to that once. Youre all morons who need to move on to fiu. Cause clearly runner up is great for yall.

Dee the thing I thought about Perry was IF he’s the goods everyone including the staff thinks he is then he’s gonna be 3 and out anyways so what was the sense in saving that one year with a shirt.
Now there was a rumor he was having trouble with the playbook.Obviously you are a lot closer to the situation than I am to know how true this was.
This schedule set up perfectly for us this year.The one thing that hurt was not having the bye week to heal but that was what it was.But having the schedule we had and only squeaking by every week set us up to play Perry but once it got past half season I think we all knew it was sink or swim with Rosier that they wouldn’t burn his shirt.
I think everyone including me got caught up in the undefeated number and that Rosier was pulling out these wins every week.I don’t think we took into account that he was the main reason we were in the position to start with.Ill admit I was one of the guys that figured there was no way Richt was going to pull the job from a kid next year who had just led us to a 10-11-12 game win season.
Well it should be obvious to EVERYONE including a Richt that Rosier is not the guy next year.Hopefully Perry or Weldon is ready and if this is an open competition that maybe Williams wins despite what you just alluded to about people having doubts about him.
But the long and short of this is Rosier,thank you for what you did this year,but he CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be the QB next year if we plan on progressing any further as a program.

Its not a rumor. Nkosi didnt grasp the play book until basically the va tech game. I understand why he did it rational wise. My problem is richt has been subtly telling yall all along rosier is holding is back. When hes been talking about consistency & execution hes been talking speciffically about rosier. People just enjoy there moment of bliss(im not even gonna finish the saying),so simce he knows that & he knows hes basically playing 8 plays over & over with different alignments than how does it harm us that nkosi doesnt know the playbook? As great as this season was we seriously over achieved. We did so **** near soley on the backs of our defense. Thats the people who deserve this credit.im glad to have had the season we did but was it worth it to have that season if we didnt really make progress towards next season at a key position.

Who isn't sold on Jarren Williams?

Kid looks like a great prospect and I haven't heard a negative review about him. If Perry is really as good as you say playing this year shouldn't affect next year.

Plenty of RS Freshman have balled out without playing their first year.

Weird post dude. You managed to **** on all of our QB options next year except Weldon. Maybe worry about WR instead. Outside of Pope we don't have any instant impact recruits coming in. Need another WR who can play as a freshman

One is im not ****ting on any of our qb options. I just wouldve liked to get nkosi some game action. Simple. Far as who isnt sold on williams im not gonna get into that. I know alot of people in his area. As we all know im good with cade fortin & his family. I know alot of people out that way. Cade told dumbo **** off. Hes not going to a & m. The pecking order for the top 3 is interchangable sortve. Its trevor lawrence at one than either emory jones or cade at 2 or 3. Jarren does play 7a but hes playing outside of district alot. He really only played 2 tough teams this year one being Norcross & if i remember right the other was don brosco. Against norcross he played horrible & they got blown out 31-7 bosco they won by 3 in ot i believe. With him what people question most is his heart or his will to win. Just like matt corral. Want another example. How many times did the tv show rosier tonight? Dude flat out looked like he checked out first quarter. I want a leader at qb first & foremost. The comment about wr im not even gonna get into. Were all intitled to opinions. Personally ill take my nephew over pope all day & i love him too. Im not at all worried about wr next year. Im worried about qb play & consistency out of the oline. Thats it on the whole team. Maybe a punter who can kick the ball too.

Advertisement
Dee is right, I stopped talkin **** about Malik after FSU but he is who he is the thing I dont get knowing next years schedule why didnt he just start Perry? I get the redshirt thing but opening vs LSU is going to be a difficult game, if Malik starts we fuqed. MR even said that he didnt think the kid would ever play at UM that says alot, I hope we go a different direction next season and we close strong on the trail

Why didn't he start Perry? Because Rosier won the job. If he had played well this year he'd be the guy next year as well. Again, hindsight is 20/20. We all saw the stats from fall camp scrimmages. Rosier earned the job and Perry didn't do well. You can't just start a kid because of hype. He needed time to grow.

Unnecessarily aggressive there at the end, but ok.

Fair argument about how the QB spot was handled, but you have to make some big assumptions to think Perry would have done better. As for "golden boy", nobody deserves that until the season is over and we see what they've done (Rosier looked amazing at 10-0, but at 10-3 he wouldn't look so hot. Not that he ever looked like an amazing QB, just that he looked like a winner). I don't buy the idea that this or that guy would have been better or will be better. The truth is that you don't know until they play. You would have said that Rosier could beat Pitt based on what he did in the second half against fsu. Say what you want, but fsu has a much better D than Pitt. Same goes for Perry. He looks the goods, but until he does it on the field we don't know for sure.

Bottom line, I'm happy enough with this season to not question the QB call.

Thats where your misunderstanding me brother. Im not at all saying he wouldve done better or couldve even had the same season or anything relating to that. My sole point is we know rosiers cieling. We knew it coming into the year. Im not gonna argue about how he looked at 10-0 or any other time. To me all i wanted was to see if we have our qb for our future or not because we know rosier isnt that. In my eyes we wouldve had basically the same season as a bottom line no matter who was at the position because of the quality of teams we played. Feel free to look back. I said before we had any clue who the qb would be that i thought we go 10-2 at worst. Id agree on no need for aggression either but on here that seems the norm. If people dont agree they simply attack u.

Disagree. Rosier flat out won the QB competition. He proved Richt wrong and earned it. Hindsight is 20/20. We didn't know Rosier would be this bad on the road.

No he didnt flat out win it. He was gifted it because richts plan backfired on him. I know how people will respond to this on here but the plan was to start allison. He just wanted to thicken his skin up. It backfired because once he started hearing the criticism he transferred instead of taking it for what it was & tightening up. No different from what kaaya did when he left. Only reason malik was the qb was cause of that & neither nkosi or weldon could grasp the play book in time or in casey case the speed of the game... were all entitled to think what we want though. Dont blame anyone for that.

No he didnt flat out win it. He was gifted it because richts plan backfired on him. I know how people will respond to this on here but the plan was to start allison. He just wanted to thicken his skin up. It backfired because once he started hearing the criticism he transferred instead of taking it for what it was & tightening up. No different from what kaaya did when he left. Only reason malik was the qb was cause of that & neither nkosi or weldon could grasp the play book in time or in casey case the speed of the game... were all entitled to think what we want though. Dont blame anyone for that.

You said you want at leader at Qb, with heart. So did Richt's plan really backfire, or just weeded out a guy who has no heart and isn't a leader?

Advertisement
I think red shirting N'kosi was the right move. Look at FSU and Blackman, dude has regressed so much since he got his first start. Malik is not the QB of the future but we accomplished a lot of our goals this year. Now N'kosi gets the chance to take the job with a full year under his belt.

I agree with this, along with Dee to a certain point. He's been critical of Rosier's inaccuracy issues, which some didn't want to hear. I don't know if we honestly would've been in this position with Perry. He couldn't beat Rosier outright for the job. It's a risk you run putting out a true freshman - Perry could've either gained his footing by game 4 or 5, or he could become Blackman over at FSU who looks ruined out the gate already.

I personally don't think that Williams is going to be the starter next year, but he looks like a really good player, and it's great that he's an EE (if he commits).

I appreciate Rosier, I really do. It was a fun season and put Miami back in the spotlight. But he’s hit his ceiling and I can’t see anything better than 10-2/9-3 next year with him. Just too inconsistent.

Next years schedule is tough? The only thing tougher is we play the tougher games on the road(outside of FSU). We play LSU at a “neutral” site but honestly the opponents are pretty much the same. Replace BC with Savannah State, Cuse with BC, Ark. State with FIU, and ND with LSU. Only thing tougher is playing at VT which will probably be on a Thursday night on a short week.

For those that think Perry started all year.....go look at FSU.

Rosier got us to 10-2. That's darn good.

Advertisement
I appreciate Rosier, I really do. It was a fun season and put Miami back in the spotlight. But he’s hit his ceiling and I can’t see anything better than 10-2/9-3 next year with him. Just too inconsistent.

This. No need to bash Malik because he made some big plays and is a good kid. However the last two games have different outcomes if he could execute some simple throws. You can’t coach accuracy. He can’t throw on the run, he can’t throw over the middle, locks in on one WR and never keeps his eyes downfield when he starts to run. My guess is he’ll lose the competition in Spring and transfer.

U ed about sitz now you’re ing about Williams... I understand sitz but give Jarren a chance not like 4 star QBs are hanging off trees this late into the cycle

Last edited:
U ed about sitz now you’re ing about Williams... I understand sitz but give Jarren a chance not like 4 star QBs are hanging off trees this late into the cycle

Agreed but apparently Dee thinks Richt should be going after Cade Fortin and with what's going on at aTm, plus whatever Dee knows personally, he thinks we'd have a good chance.

Advertisement
LOL at these guys who were waiting in the wings silent looking for that chance all year to stroke their own egos. Couldn't say anything at 10-0.

You're right though. We definitely would have gone undefeated with N'Kosi. And he would have killed Clemson. Going 10-2 and winning the Coastal (which we haven't done in 14 years) in year two was a total failure.

On top of that, if we have to start a RS Fr QB next year, we're finished because a RS Fr QB has never won a division or a NC ever.

Dee the thing I thought about Perry was IF he’s the goods everyone including the staff thinks he is then he’s gonna be 3 and out anyways so what was the sense in saving that one year with a shirt.
Now there was a rumor he was having trouble with the playbook.Obviously you are a lot closer to the situation than I am to know how true this was.
This schedule set up perfectly for us this year.The one thing that hurt was not having the bye week to heal but that was what it was.But having the schedule we had and only squeaking by every week set us up to play Perry but once it got past half season I think we all knew it was sink or swim with Rosier that they wouldn’t burn his shirt.
I think everyone including me got caught up in the undefeated number and that Rosier was pulling out these wins every week.I don’t think we took into account that he was the main reason we were in the position to start with.Ill admit I was one of the guys that figured there was no way Richt was going to pull the job from a kid next year who had just led us to a 10-11-12 game win season.
Well it should be obvious to EVERYONE including a Richt that Rosier is not the guy next year.Hopefully Perry or Weldon is ready and if this is an open competition that maybe Williams wins despite what you just alluded to about people having doubts about him.
But the long and short of this is Rosier,thank you for what you did this year,but he CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be the QB next year if we plan on progressing any further as a program.

Its not a rumor. Nkosi didnt grasp the play book until basically the va tech game. I understand why he did it rational wise. My problem is richt has been subtly telling yall all along rosier is holding is back. When hes been talking about consistency & execution hes been talking speciffically about rosier. People just enjoy there moment of bliss(im not even gonna finish the saying),so simce he knows that & he knows hes basically playing 8 plays over & over with different alignments than how does it harm us that nkosi doesnt know the playbook? As great as this season was we seriously over achieved. We did so **** near soley on the backs of our defense. Thats the people who deserve this credit.im glad to have had the season we did but was it worth it to have that season if we didnt really make progress towards next season at a key position.

The defense was just as bad as Malik in the first half yesterday. And they were pretty bad at times against some bad offenses like UVA and Pitt too. We let a couple QBs set completion records against us (Benkert was like 19 for 19 and Bryant was 15 for his first 15).

We didn't put up an ounce of resistance against Clemson in the first half. They walked through us like they did no one else all year.

I think red shirting N'kosi was the right move. Look at FSU and Blackman, dude has regressed so much since he got his first start. Malik is not the QB of the future but we accomplished a lot of our goals this year. Now N'kosi gets the chance to take the job with a full year under his belt.

I agree with this, along with Dee to a certain point. He's been critical of Rosier's inaccuracy issues, which some didn't want to hear. I don't know if we honestly would've been in this position with Perry. He couldn't beat Rosier outright for the job. It's a risk you run putting out a true freshman - Perry could've either gained his footing by game 4 or 5, or he could become Blackman over at FSU who looks ruined out the gate already.

I personally don't think that Williams is going to be the starter next year, but he looks like a really good player, and it's great that he's an EE (if he commits).

To be fair, while we're all annointing Dee as the omniscient seer of all things football, he said we'd win 8 games tops with Rosier or Shirreffs. He never said anything about winning 10 in a row or winning the Coastal for the first time in 14 years.

Rosier isn't very good, and he completely **** himself the last 2 games. But I wanted to win games this year. I'm not concerned with hypotheticals and seeing if we had a QB of the future while we lost 4 or 5 games in the process.

If Perry or Weldon are better than Rosier, then one will take the job in the offseason and do better next year. Clearly, neither was ready to lead this team to anything this year.

I’m not so sure putting Perry in garbage time would have done much. We couldn’t afford to do that in many games and besides, is garbage time against BCC really worth it? Not sure.

My concern is if Perry is not the guy next year. He’s going to be taking his lumps as an inexperienced qb especially if we are not dynamic on offense and/or struggle to run. If we struggle with both, you’re looking at 3
Losses next year with Perry at the helm....unless he’s the second coming. I guess the logic is, take your lumps with him next year and come out with a great 2019-20 with Perry at the helm.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back