Wasted oppurtunity

Advertisement
I’m not so sure putting Perry in garbage time would have done much. We couldn’t afford to do that in many games and besides, is garbage time against BCC really worth it? Not sure.

My concern is if Perry is not the guy next year. He’s going to be taking his lumps as an inexperienced qb especially if we are not dynamic on offense and/or struggle to run. If we struggle with both, you’re looking at 3
Losses next year with Perry at the helm....unless he’s the second coming. I guess the logic is, take your lumps with him ne year and come out with a great 2019-20 with Perry at the helm.

No one knows at this point if Perry will be any good next year or the year after or if he’ll even be the starter here at all. People got caught up in him as a savior, but we really have no clue what he’ll do with the band playing or if he’ll even beat out Weldon or whoever comes in this year.

I think richt has done an amazing job this season all things considered. Im not gonna talk about yalls golden boy. Im also gonna warn yall about putting so much on williams shoulders. Alot of people arent too sold on him.kid does have alot of potential so lets just hope for the best. Hes gonna have to fight with nkosi & possibly weldon depending on how his off season goes. Staff loves nkosi & his potential. My one criticism towards staff this year is we really wasted an oppurtunity with nkosi. This schedule was tailor made for him to grow and get his experience in while playing a very mediocre competition level & still keeping us relevant due to our defense. Even if you cant really let him feel himself you gotta give him the basics and do him... Now its simply moving on to next season and a more difficult schedule with a qb who has no game experience regardless who wins. Feel free to start with your rosier is god comments. Ill simply respond to that once. Youre all morons who need to move on to fiu. Cause clearly runner up is great for yall.

Unnecessarily aggressive there at the end, but ok.

Fair argument about how the QB spot was handled, but you have to make some big assumptions to think Perry would have done better. As for "golden boy", nobody deserves that until the season is over and we see what they've done (Rosier looked amazing at 10-0, but at 10-3 he wouldn't look so hot. Not that he ever looked like an amazing QB, just that he looked like a winner). I don't buy the idea that this or that guy would have been better or will be better. The truth is that you don't know until they play. You would have said that Rosier could beat Pitt based on what he did in the second half against fsu. Say what you want, but fsu has a much better D than Pitt. Same goes for Perry. He looks the goods, but until he does it on the field we don't know for sure.

Bottom line, I'm happy enough with this season to not question the QB call.

Thats where your misunderstanding me brother. Im not at all saying he wouldve done better or couldve even had the same season or anything relating to that. My sole point is we know rosiers cieling. We knew it coming into the year. Im not gonna argue about how he looked at 10-0 or any other time. To me all i wanted was to see if we have our qb for our future or not because we know rosier isnt that. In my eyes we wouldve had basically the same season as a bottom line no matter who was at the position because of the quality of teams we played. Feel free to look back. I said before we had any clue who the qb would be that i thought we go 10-2 at worst. Id agree on no need for aggression either but on here that seems the norm. If people dont agree they simply attack u.

I understand this Dee, but from my viewpoint the upside of starting Rosier and not rolling Kosi out is...

We didn't show our hand too much to the recruits. If we rolled with Kosi and he absolutely sucked (much like Blackmon up north did) couldn't it be possible that kids could have been turned away? So now they can at least look at the team and think we overachieved with a ****** QB...and we have some badasses in the holster for next season.

Also we didn't risk causing a regression in Perry if he started too early, not knowing the playbook as you said, and having the entire fanbase turn on him. This can damage a kid's psyche before he even gets going...

These are my thoughts. What do you think about em? I enjoyed the journey this season, just not the end result thus far. I was never fully sold on Rosier, but the team around him (specifically the D) was badass enough to get us into the CFP conversation. Which is more than I imagined before the season started. It also has brought us a very nice recruiting class.

Last edited:
We went 10-2 and let's be real N'Kosi wouldn't have done better then that while he also has a year to tune his game up and next year be ready to explode onto the scene. Richt has time and will build this team up right so I have also the confidence in the world for him

LOL at these guys who were waiting in the wings silent looking for that chance all year to stroke their own egos. Couldn't say anything at 10-0.

You're right though. We definitely would have gone undefeated with N'Kosi. And he would have killed Clemson. Going 10-2 and winning the Coastal (which we haven't done in 14 years) in year two was a total failure.

On top of that, if we have to start a RS Fr QB next year, we're finished because a RS Fr QB has never won a division or a NC ever.

Wasn't Jameis a RS Freshmans when he won both and the Heisman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
LOL at these guys who were waiting in the wings silent looking for that chance all year to stroke their own egos. Couldn't say anything at 10-0.

You're right though. We definitely would have gone undefeated with N'Kosi. And he would have killed Clemson. Going 10-2 and winning the Coastal (which we haven't done in 14 years) in year two was a total failure.

On top of that, if we have to start a RS Fr QB next year, we're finished because a RS Fr QB has never won a division or a NC ever.

Correct. Winston and Vick are the 2 that come to mind that made huge splashes as RSFR. There have been others that have been very good (manziel, et al) but it just goes to show how hard it is to have a great talent as a RSFR go out and have tremendous success their first year.

It's sad that Malik grinded to get us here even after his father had a stroke and still balled and now he's trash. Trash *** waiting in the wing *** fans

It's sad that Malik grinded to get us here even after his father had a stroke and still balled and now he's trash. Trash *** waiting in the wing *** fans

Mentally it just doesn’t seem like he’s there. Which is understandable because if any one of us were in that same situation it would be hard playing with that on your mind. So in that aspect I understand but it definitely needs to be an open competition. We are missing too many plays with him at qb lately. And his accuracy is all over the place

Malik had a great year all things considered. I think we all knew that he was no great qb but we were all in for the ride of 2017. Don’t know that there’s any arguing that. There are folks that were duped by rosier, i guess, but that number is few and far between compared to the folks that knew rosier was very limited and we were basically winning with house money

Advertisement
The backup is always the most popular guy on campus after a loss and hindsight remains undefeated.

Exactly. We've won NCs with first year starters.

I think red shirting N'kosi was the right move. Look at FSU and Blackman, dude has regressed so much since he got his first start. Malik is not the QB of the future but we accomplished a lot of our goals this year. Now N'kosi gets the chance to take the job with a full year under his belt.

I agree with this, along with Dee to a certain point. He's been critical of Rosier's inaccuracy issues, which some didn't want to hear. I don't know if we honestly would've been in this position with Perry. He couldn't beat Rosier outright for the job. It's a risk you run putting out a true freshman - Perry could've either gained his footing by game 4 or 5, or he could become Blackman over at FSU who looks ruined out the gate already.

I personally don't think that Williams is going to be the starter next year, but he looks like a really good player, and it's great that he's an EE (if he commits).

To be fair, while we're all annointing Dee as the omniscient seer of all things football, he said we'd win 8 games tops with Rosier or Shirreffs. He never said anything about winning 10 in a row or winning the Coastal for the first time in 14 years.

Rosier isn't very good, and he completely **** himself the last 2 games. But I wanted to win games this year. I'm not concerned with hypotheticals and seeing if we had a QB of the future while we lost 4 or 5 games in the process.

If Perry or Weldon are better than Rosier, then one will take the job in the offseason and do better next year. Clearly, neither was ready to lead this team to anything this year.

I sort of agreed with the masses at the beginning of the season on Rosier in terms of us winning 8 or 9 games max and being a long shot for the division.

At the midway through the season (we were 6-0 or 7-0), I fully admitted that I was wrong about Rosier - but did acknowledge that he still had his glaring weakness like inaccuracy.

He was being sarcastic. Of course teams have won with RS Fr at QB.

Advertisement
we wouldve had basically the same season as a bottom line no matter who was at the position

NJ6bx_s-200x150.gif

We lost players we couldnt lose. Basically have like 6 OL and Rosier was being serviceable. The guy is simply not accurate enough. Im not gonna go back second guess the season. Im excited for next season. I seen redshirt do QBs a world of good, including Manzeil, Winston and Jackson. Richt is not giving up play calling, he kinda did a minor miracle with Rosier. He didn't forget to coach and call plays. Lets see what he does with some new toys next year. Btw i remember Clemson got 70 put on them by WVU. This was our lesson, now lets show up in the rock and end the season right and look forward to spring practice and signing day before that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you’re talking NCs, it’s not many.

Advertisement

Our roster is probably not set up to win a title next year, especially with how Clemson's built. Especially if we lose McIntosh (likely), Norton and maybe even Johnson on the defensive side of the ball. But there are plenty of RS Freshman that have had good seasons. It's college football, at some point you're going to roll out a QB that doesn't have experience.

Our roster is probably not set up to win a title next year, especially with how Clemson's built. Especially if we lose McIntosh (likely), Norton and maybe even Johnson on the defensive side of the ball. But there are plenty of RS Freshman that have had good seasons. It's college football, at some point you're going to roll out a QB that doesn't have experience.

This is true but my point was that there aren’t many RSFR that have had a lot of success in cfb. With Perry our there next year, we are building this team for a 2019-20 run....hopefully.

Advertisement
Back