Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn’t decide today he’s decided. Today is last day to enroll at Miami

1706121799070.png

Advertisement
If we not playing for w-l record what are we actually doing?. Is it about moral and character/culture building?.

We have holes at WR- Need 1 with size.
CB- Need 1 with vet reps

Their is a difference between upgrading the roster and filling holes. Your bolded would choose Corey Flagg (i wwas ok with him as a player) over Kiko because you know ..1 year wonder who will bail.

The crazy part is some of our most recent CULTURE guys were......TRANSFERS. ( J Phillips, Deriq King, Ty Stevenson, KJ Osborn)

First, if you are filling holes you are obviously trying to upgrade because those on the depth chart are not ready, not good enough, or non existent. I don't mean plugging holes with just jags.

But you are just proving my point by bringing up the prior regime. Manny's high school recruiting was pretty lackluster. His portal additions (including the guys you mentioned) were on point. But if they only last you 1 or 2 years they aren't building you any consistent culture. And I don't see guys who have been in the system 2 or 3 years taking to guys coming from the outside taking their spots for one year and telling them to shape up. Culture isn't like adding ice cream sprinkles. That ice cream better be **** good because the sprinkles alone will not make the ice cream a whole lot better.

Not trying to change the discussion from the portal but are we signing anyone on NSD?

Do we have spots to sign anyone on NSD ?

Just curious

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly don't really understand us pursuing this guy very hard ngl. Imo it shows a lack of trust in Okunlola development.
Samson’s a tackle but also he got hurt early in camp and was unavailable the entire season. Unfortunate but hard to put a lot of trust in him until he makes it to field for spring.

Ole Miss spring semester

ring Term 2024​

DatesDaysEvents
October 9 to October 30Monday to MondayAcademic Advising (for winter session and spring)
October 23 to November 6Monday to MondayPriority Registration (for winter session and spring)
October 23 to November 30Monday to ThursdayPhase 1 registration period (for winter session and spring)
December 1Friday$50 registration fee assessed this date. Phase 2 registration.
January 15MondayMARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. HOLIDAY (Administrative Offices closed.)
*January 22MondayStart of First Spring Term
*January 24WednesdayLast day to officially cancel registration and avoid responsibility for payment of tuition and fees.
*January 25ThursdayClasses begin; registration fee ($100) assessed this date; 100% refund (less 5% of fees or $100, whichever is less) on withdrawals through *January 30. Phase 3 registration.
*January 30TuesdayLast day to register or add classes. Refund period ends.
*January 31Wednesday$10 fee assessed per drop or add.
*February 1ThursdayMandatory drop date for non-attendance.
February 6TuesdayDeadline for course withdrawals (no refund; refund period ended *January 30).
February 28WednesdayClasses end.
March 4 – 5Monday to TuesdayFinal Examinations.
So they have 2 spring semester and could add guys until next Tuesday? Never seen the 2 spring thing, wonder if they have Spring practice in the 2nd one and can add guys before the start of that second spring semester

So they have 2 spring semester and could add guys until next Tuesday? Never seen the 2 spring thing, wonder if they have Spring practice in the 2nd one and can add guys before the start of that second spring semester

I'm not sure if this is the case, but that calendar LOOKS LIKE Ole Miss may be on the "quarters" system. Usually when you see a spring session that starts in late Jan/early Feb, it's a school on Quarters, not Semesters.

Advertisement
1 big year?.

Ole Miss has won 10+ games twice in the last 3 and 8 last year.

They seem to be winning.

I honestly am HOPING we win 8+ this year..

He obviously can. He stated his recruiting process 3 years ago and could care less and stated it would be portal heavy, because there isnt enough instate talent to suffice both miss state and him and the rest of the sec that dips in there. Ole Miss has historically ALWAYS been a portal team they funded their rosters with Miss Jucos for 30+ years.

The Lane cant recruit was a myth pushed lol.

Lane finished with recruiting classes ranked 11th, 10th and 12th in the SEC over the last 3 years! He's been out recruited by Arkansas, Miss St. and South Carolina within his own conference, there is NO question if he isn't a bad recruiter he certainly has bad recruiting results. He is proven to be a lazy recruiter that has not produced any top classes, and he like transfer portal because he doesn't have to get out on the road when he's hungover. He's investing everything he has into one last year to get him out of Mississippi, I bet he jumps for UCLA at the end of the year.

Advertisement
Okunlola plays tackle, this guy would play guard. He would be replacing Cohen, if he enrolls.
Yes, but Jalen Rivers is a guaranteed starter whether it be LT, LG, or Center. Now many it’s possible the center guy we got isn’t it in which case you put Rivers at Center, this Washington dude at LG, or Okunlola at LT. But there is zero chance that us getting this Washington dude isn’t a direct indication Okunlola isn’t starting imo.

Lane knew he had to beat Mario with something we couldnt counter. The package deal with his UW teammates was a **** good play by Lane. Sometimes you just tip your cap and keep it moving..McCoy, Bell and Kinsler have a new lease on life. Hoping they take advantage of it. All we need is one of them to step up.

I'm not sure if this is the case, but that calendar LOOKS LIKE Ole Miss may be on the "quarters" system. Usually when you see a spring session that starts in late Jan/early Feb, it's a school on Quarters, not Semesters.
Makes sense, just threw me off with the "Start of the First Spring Term"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back