Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There are 5 stars in this class that we shouldn't have taken because they won't pan out either. Too many assumptions are made about guys. As for pressing needs, we are still recruiting kids today to address those pressing needs. Some guys we go after are interested and some guys aren't. People just assume that everyone wants to come here for X amount of money. There has to be interest from both sides and there are other teams competing for the same players. If it was as easy as writing a check, I'm sure it would be done.
Never said those guys weren’t going to pan out in the long haul. I said they’re going to take time to develop which is indisputable. Unless you think 165 pound safety, another coming off two major knee surgeries, a raw OT with lead feet, a QB who until this year the majority of his highlights were on the hardwood, a Center who was committed to Harvard as a DT and an undersized DT whose been a standup DE most of his career are going to come in and contribute this year?

I’m not assuming why we did or didn’t land anyone. I’m simply addressing our lack of available numbers to fill those immediate needs while responding to the fine gentleman who said “an elite recruiter doesn’t have 3 spots opened after signing day”.

When u have someone 5’5 starting at safety bruh u know it’s bad. I don’t get how any of this had to be explained. I went into that like it’s an exhibition and we aren’t even fielding a team. But people want to view it as a Super Bowl, I would give up explaining something like this to anyone it’s pointless. You just read what they say smirk and move along. No need to explain bruh that’s why I said what I say way before that game, if I had to sit there and explain it I would lose my mind that no one understood it.
Wait when did we start a 5’5 safety?? Now If you had said at Offensive Guard, no dispute

Advertisement
They were 21 point dogs. They shouldn't have lost by 60 but they were going to get drilled. FSU had a good team last year. Give credit where credit is due.
IMG_0084.gif

Out of all those you mentioned, when we're talking about their ability as passers(because this whole thing is about the desire for a lockdown corner)I'm not overly impressed by any of those. However I will say I forgot about McCord and Murphy coming in. At the very least I do respect their arm talent. Just need to see what they bring in at this point cause neither is a really proven commodity. If anything to me what you just said illustrates more about the playmakers in the league than it does passers and I prioritize safety play for that.
McCord is going to have a much different experience not playing behind OSU's wall of granite. He was sacked just 16 times on 348 passes. Shrader at Syracuse was sacked 25 times on just 214 passes this year. Murphy just 1 time in 71 passes. We'll see what Brewer does at Duke. I'm assuming he runs a variation of Lashlee's offense.

Advertisement
who’s to say those spots aren’t open by design for portal season
Yes of course. I’m sure we had several slots available for that scenario. We got almost 10 from the portal. When Manny was our coach, we always had room. The last 10 to 15 spots were given to warm bodies. This changes with an elite recruiter. Spots are tougher to get. Also, we were talking about taking 3 dudes, not just one. 3 dudes that may or may not start. This is the context of the original disagreement.

Im confused, so this is an acceptable excuse for us but not FSPOO?
Not trying to pick a fight, but who gives a **** about FSU? Bowl games not called CFP are nothing more than controlled scrimmages with opting out and the NIL. They will be even less next year when the CFP goes to a 12-team format. These meaningless bowl games are great for the G5 teams, but for the P4 an absolute waste of time other than you get 15 additional practices, which is meaningless because after 12 to 13 games you are beat up. It is more of an opportunity to see some of your backups who will be fighting for starting rolls next year and even that is highly debatable.

Last edited:
No trying to pick a fight, but who gives a **** about FSU? Bowl games not called CFP are nothing more than controlled scrimmages with opting out and the NIL. They will be even less next year when the CFP goes to a 12-team format. These meaningless bowl games are great for the G5 teams, but for the P4 an absolute waste of time other than you get 15 additional practices, which is meaningless because after 12 to 13 games you are beat up. It is more of an opportunity to see some of your backups who will be fighting for starting rolls next year and even that is highly debatable.
Ummm if you keep reading you’ll see we both agree

Advertisement
And Luis Cristobal started the 1st half and was blown up just about every play. That was on the HC...
Unfortunately he didn't play much different than McCoy. McCoy had some AWFUL plays at BC subbing in for Cohen. He needs a lot of work, which is understandable. He played TE in high school until Senior year I think, came to Miami as a T, and got hurt his freshman season, and I think needed surgery. He played minimal snaps as LG as a RS freshman.

I think you should check their portal list bud lol.

They have a Mario Cristobal recruited qb for what its worth.

Their new rbs was one of our starters at a time in Chaney and they got the Mac offensive player of the year in Toledo running back Peny Boone.
At wr they added
Jacorey Brooks who we know to be a solid player

and a guy from Tuskeegee who might be a sleeper.

They got 3 te's including Jaleel Skinner from us.

They loaded up in the portal to make a move. they really choked the acc away this szn so we shall see.

What they did to us on offense last year was impressive to see live...dude drew up whatever he wanted and got whatever he wanted
Facts!

Yes of course. I’m sure we had several slots available for that scenario. We got almost 10 from the portal. When Manny was our coach, we always had room. The last 10 to 15 spots were given to warm bodies. This changes with an elite recruiter. Spots are tougher to get. Also, we were talking about taking 3 dudes, not just one. 3 dudes that may or may not start. This is the context of the original disagreement.
Screenshot_20240124_101142_Samsung Internet.jpg

Actually this was theoriginaldisagreement.

Advertisement
who’s to say those spots aren’t open by design for portal season

Stop it. There are two portal periods. This one is over.

Lane Train has three open spots NOW. He'll have more in May.

But, sure, he has three unfilled spots now becasuse he's "saving them". Like Mario Cristobal with timeouts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back