Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lol did you see OUR team in OUR the bowl game? We lost to Rutgers. They lost to Georgia.

The House of Cards was undefeated and beat Lville without Travis to win the ACC. Their D was legit and their O was well-coached.

Until proven otherwise you cannot count out FSU or ignore the success Norvell found by leaning into the portal.

With that being said... I don't think anyone in the country is better at building a roster than Mario. Other than Kirby Smart who has National Championships to sell. If Mario wins big this year I do believe we are looking at a dynasty run.
I keep hearing this but I have one question for you and don't go looking it up.

The RB for Rutgers that ran all over us. There is only one team he ran over even worse than us and that team had all their starters on D for that game against him. What team was it? I'll give you a hint they were a top 3 team for most of the year.

Also we were missing half of our D for that bowl game and played with a QB who can barely complete a pass.

The RB for Rutgers that ran all over us. There is only one team he ran over even worse than us and that team had all their starters on D for that game against him. What team was it? I'll give you a hint they were a top 3 team for most of the year.

Also we were missing half of our D for that bowl game and played with a QB who can barely complete a pass.
You can bring up all the loser moral victory BS all you want but here is the sad reality, WE LOST TO RUTGERS!!!

It was the first time in program history. A team that was 6-6 and 3-6 in their conference before they played us. The same Rutgers that has averaged 4 wins a year since they entered the BIG, ten years ago. It’s an embarrassing loss anyway you cut it and if any of our rivals lost to them in a bowl game, we would all be laughing in that Tears thread.

You can bring up all the loser moral victory BS all you want but here is the sad reality, WE LOST TO RUTGERS!!!

It was the first time in program history. A team that was 6-6 and 3-6 in their conference before they played us. The same Rutgers that has averaged 4 wins a year since they entered the BIG, ten years ago. It’s an embarrassing loss anyway you cut it and if any of our rivals lost to them in a bowl game, we would all be laughing in that Tears thread.
I was just pointing out a fact but you have an agenda I see so facts won't work for you.

Good luck with that..

Your theory is All sorts of messed up lol

If fsu is the example of what could happen im signing up for losing 1 game a year my boy lol

What in the backwards *** thinking yall have?.

Ohio State and Texas are currently top 10 portal and hs recruiting it aint rocket science holmes.

LANDING TALENT IS IMPORTANT...REGARDLESS IF ITS HS OR TRANSFER PORTAL. THERE IS NO RIGHT WAY ..GO ALL OUT N BOFFUM.

That "sustainable" talk is BS hope optimism talk because our biggest rival is living in there.

THE PORTAL AINT GOING ANYWHERE..LOL THAT SH*T DONE MADE SABAN PACK HIS SH*T UP AND LEAVE CAUSE HE REALIZE HE COULDNT HOARD PLAYERS...AND.....DEVELOP em like u stated lol

Oh by the way ill be **** it happy with the bolded because we aint DOING that consistently at all

You actually would trade FSU's situation from last year to this year over ours simply due to w-l record? Some people can't just see the forest for the trees, I guess.

I am not saying you should not go all out with portal recruiting (we did do that with the most important spot we needed, by the way) but at the same time there is nothing wrong with being strategic about it. I thought our portal haul this year filled the spots we needed, especially at qb. We are not done yet. Who cares about portal ranking as long as you fill your holes with what you need?

But I'd rather spend resources getting the top high school talent to coach and grow with a few years than 1 year wonders that will bail at the first time of distress like your team up north. If culture is a big deal to you, you build that from the ground up with kids that committed and sold to your program from the beginning. Getting guys that were recruited elsewhere, developed elsewhere, and maybe with certain ingrained habits that as a coach you may not like is always a risk. Give me a kid I can spend some time with to fix that.

Advertisement
I was just pointing out a fact but you have an agenda I see so facts won't work for you.

Good luck with that..
Yes, my agenda is that losing to a team like Rutgers is infuriating. That RB that ran all over said top BIG team, what was the score of that game when all said and done?

Loserville has the 57th ranked HS class. That’s decent?

They have a a few portal players that are solid. No idea what their OL/DL will be and Brohm is a solid HC. That said, Canes are better and should not lose to them. They do, and it’s on Cristobal.
If Cole is any indication of their evals then that would have been a monster get for them. I dont look at their class I just look at who we took from them. And that kid looks like an nfl player

Yes, my agenda is that losing to a team like Rutgers is infuriating. That RB that ran all over said top BIG team, what was the score of that game when all said and done?
Well obviously they lost considering said team played with their starting QB and entire starting team and we didn't. :stephenahand:

Last edited:
My last effort… sigh.

I’m actually going to switch gears here. I think Mario wants to build a Pacific Islander pipeline down here at Miami, but these kids may or may not be better than what we have. Lou Cristobal started at Guard in the bowl game to reward him for his hard work. There is no way he is above Kinsler or McCoy. If the numbers are tight, we can graciously say no thanks without disrespecting anyone. If the kid was a bona fide stud, we would find room. That’s my take on the whole thing.

Advertisement
It's ok to acknowledge that the portal strategy has some merit while simultaneously pointing out that Norvell specifically had an insane amount of luck on his side for all his portal adds to hit and stay healthy. But we saw how truly vulnerable they actually were when adversity hit. This season will be an interesting one for them to see if some of their hs recruits actually start getting more PT or if they continue with the portal or bust model.
I actually think the main advantage of the high school strategy is that you don’t have to hit on every evaluation. There really isn’t time to process portal transfers even if they are more of a sure thing. Both strategies can and will work.

Right, moral victories on losing to Rutgers. 😂
There is no moral victory. You're mad because we fielded half a team and a 3rd string QB and lost to the leading rusher in the Big 10 who happened to destroy OSU starting D. If that is what is bothering you then you need help. LOL

I'm sure Mario is having sleepless nights because he lost to Rutgers with mostly backups starting for him. OMG

I was telling people before the game I’m from Jersey that ain’t that same Rutgers. I said it weeks before the game and us missing mad dudes and having no qb I really didn’t even care about the game. I was already onto next season and recruiting more depth. That game didn’t mean anything especially with the way the roster was for that particular game. They were going to key in on Bain and no one else was going to do anything, and they were going to stack the box and tell the qb to beat us. Vegas had it right

Advertisement
My last effort… sigh.

I’m actually going to switch gears here. I think Mario wants to build a Pacific Islander pipeline down here at Miami, but these kids may or may not be better than what we have. Lou Cristobal started at Guard in the bowl game to reward him for his hard work. There is no way he is above Kinsler or McCoy. If the numbers are tight, we can graciously say no thanks without disrespecting anyone. If the kid was a bona fide stud, we would find room. That’s my take on the whole thing.
Take care.

I was telling people before the game I’m from Jersey that ain’t that same Rutgers. I said it weeks before the game and us missing mad dudes and having no qb I really didn’t even care about the game. I was already onto next season and recruiting more depth. That game didn’t mean anything especially with the way the roster was for that particular game. They were going to key in on Bain and no one else was going to do anything, and they were going to stack the box and tell the qb to beat us. Vegas had it right
That's what I'm trying to explain to him. That RB is no joke and will be playing in the NFL.

Brohm is impressive. Chaney and Skinner hurts. I still think adding 26 already from the portal is too disruptive and that they actually take a step back . But I concede they’re dangerous and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

We’re still the best team in our schedule IMO. And I don’t think we’re done yet. Yeah I said it.
Agree wholeheartedly and that’s why the absolute floor on expectations has to be a minimum of 10 wins and the ACCCG. No more excuses, not the past, nor Lispy, nor the QB and/or his daddy, not the refs, nor the OC nor injuries nor who we did or didn’t get in the portal (after all we’re building it the right way). NONE, ZERO, ZILCH. Anything less than 10 wins is a complete and utter failure.

Advertisement
I've known thats what its been the whole time which is why i keep going at those that nit pick portal guys and have some sort of holier than though thought proces son yea...WERE doing it the RIGHT WAY type of vibe..IT IS NO RIGHT WAY...its variables based on YOUR TEAM, recruiting base, conference, rivals etc.

They attack Deion for it..Double their wins...attack Lane for it. just keeps winning)...Prison Mike sucks..10+ wins 2 years in a row...at some point they are going to realize Hey......just mayyyybeee... lol

After stacking classes we are likely like the UGA'S, OSU's where u may fill 2-3 holes or beter talent at certain spots...but the catch 22 is...YOU HAVE TO WIN ...to stack classes on top of classes.
Attacked Deion? All of the media and most of the sheep in America worshipped at the throne of Deion

Vegas did have it right. Rutgers was supposed to win the game. People just can't grasp the idea that you can't just plug and play guys and expect to win easily.

Now you are the one moving the goal posts. Mario is GREAT. Lane is GOOD. An elite/great recruiter doesn’t have a bunch of spots open after signing day.
In fairness, there’s atleast 3 HS (I’d argue more) in this class that we should have not taken because at best they’re going to take a few years to develop when we could have used those spots to address more pressing needs that would directly impact this upcoming season.

If we did that then maybe we wouldn’t have threads arguing “what’s more important a dominant safety or a lockdown corner” as we could have addressed both during the most chaotic time of the offseason. Could’ve even thrown in a top WR too. Instead when a top dude became available we said we had no room and then hoped similar caliber players become available in the second less chaotic transfer window.

Im confused, so this is an acceptable excuse for us but not FSPOO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back