Was there ever a logical explanation for why Rep was killed?

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
One hour it was here. Then next it was gone. We actually used to be able to use it to bet on games and stuff. It was just getting interesting then POOF!

Like Kaiser Soze, it was gone.

I don't understand the rationale behind removing it. It seemed so knee jerk, haphazard, reactionary, unjustified and communistic.

I'm just curious as to the logic behind it.

(yes I understand that I don't own the site, it's a free site, this is America and the owners can do whatever the f**c they want, blah, blah, blah..I would expect a better answer than that however from the intellectual elites that run this place.)

Advertisement
Probably because there were too many people complaining about how it meant nothing to them and was pointless.

Advertisement
Newbies and slurpers.

Newbies biichhed and moaned because they didn't have any significant, acquired bars and stars, and the slurpers (candyasses that they were) would get negged for saying stupid stuff.

Whine, complain, moan, groan, and in general a bunch of ***sies.

Quick question

Now I wasnt around during grassy or whatever it's called but wasn't the main reason people left that site and started this one was because of censorship like getting rid of the neg/approve button?

Kinda funny how...history repeats itself I guess lol

Always found it funny that people actually wasted a millisecond of thought or energy caring about something like this.

Quick question

Now I wasnt around during grassy or whatever it's called but wasn't the main reason people left that site and started this one was because of censorship like getting rid of the neg/approve button?

Yeah, well, CIS also shucked West End Zone.

It was deemed too "unsavory" to be included here as another segment one could talk openly on about non-football topics. It too, is now anathema.

Advertisement
I heard it was because some of the "staff writers" on this **** dump got sad that people didn't like their rubbish writing.

Quick question

I left grassy because a couple of posters turned every thread into a race war. It was getting old.

My wife warned me, but I bought up everyone's rep thinking someday it would be worth a fortune. Now it's worth as much as my AMC Pacer stock.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The over-arching concept of debate here has always been, "address the post, not the poster." The rep system was all about the individual. That was counter to our approach. The up vote-down vote system is all about the quality of the post, so we went in that direction.

Advertisement
Back