Was there ever a logical explanation for why Rep was killed?

What happened to the scout site? I remember something happening with pictures and someone getting offended. If I remember right, it led to this site's creation.

Advertisement
proxy.php

The over-arching concept of debate here has always been, "address the post, not the poster." The rep system was all about the individual. That was counter to our approach. The up vote-down vote system is all about the quality of the post, so we went in that direction.

The rep system was exactly the same as the current up-down system. Except with the old system you could quickly visually see who's porsts were ***** and who's weren't.

Not sure I follow the logic here.

The over-arching concept of debate here has always been, "address the post, not the poster." The rep system was all about the individual. That was counter to our approach. The up vote-down vote system is all about the quality of the post, so we went in that direction.

The rep system was exactly the same as the current up-down system. Except with the old system you could quickly visually see who's porsts were ***** and who's weren't.

Very good point.

Advertisement
Previously, the real diks were painfully obvious.

So were the dumbasses.

Now we got dumbasses everywhere, and it's like picking fly crap out of pepper.

You could also leave messages calling them names with a goatse image attached

You can still do that now can't you?

Sure you can but it rarely happens. Also users can turn off messages on their wall. The like feature was used around 9 times to every 1 time a rep was issued. We decided to take the like approach and change it to an up and down vote. We use to get complaints weekly with rep with users complaining of harassment where I have yet to receive a complaint from up and down voting.

Advertisement

Sure you can but it rarely happens. Also users can turn off messages on their wall. The like feature was used around 9 times to every 1 time a rep was issued. We decided to take the like approach and change it to an up and down vote. We use to get complaints weekly with rep with users complaining of harassment where I have yet to receive a complaint from up and down voting.

So why not do the logical thing and allow rep but take away the message part?

You guys threw the baby out with the bath water.

So why not do the logical thing and allow rep but take away the message part?

You guys threw the baby out with the bath water.

"Throwed."

Advertisement
:ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back