Was I Right Or Was I Right?

Coaches who can identify talent and coach that talent up. Ask @dsddcane.

You need to add unicorn chasers to your GIF repritoire brother. Cause thats what 90% of you on here do here all day.

This mystery HC out there everyone wants yet not a single one of you EVER gives an actual name has to exist right?

Advertisement
You need to add unicorn chasers to your GIF repritoire brother. Cause thats what 90% of you on here do here all day.

This mystery HC out there everyone wants yet not a single one of you EVER gives an actual name has to exist right?
@Zbrod95 just listed 5 G5 guys with successful HC track records - something our former DC didn’t have.

Matt Campbell at Iowa but we won’t get him. Indiana seems to have a good coach. I can get behind another G5 though - one who has HC experience and a track record at that position which Manny didn’t have. @zbrod just named several guys on the G5 level who would probably coach up the talent we have better than what we’re seeing.

Matt Campbell doesn't do much for me. Tom Allen at Indiana is one of the one hit wonders. Yes he's having a good season. But before that 5-7, 5-7, 8-5. Now 6-1. Too much on the line to risk without more productivity.

I can live with a G5 that has a track record like Urban Meyer did - took over a 2 win Bowling Green team, then went 8-3, 9-3, went to Utah and went 10-2, 12-0 before UF landed him. Four years of that kind of achievement capped with a perfect season tells me that guy wakes up in the morning and ****es excellence. If there is a G5 coach with that kind of performance over multiple years, I'm in.

Advertisement
Fvck no it's not. That just means he's gonna take kids who have tons of potential and ruin their lives within 2 or 3 years tops. You have to develop the kids you sign. You have to coach kids up and have a clue of what you're doing. Recruiting is certainly necessary. But you gotta back that up with more than the talent they leave high school with. It's crazy people don't get this. Everyone thinks we missing on 90% of our classes. NO WE ARE NOT!!! It's we have coaches that don't know **** they talking about or how to suceed on this field.
Mainly on defense

Advertisement
see i fuq with u dds but this is what fuqs with me a bit. So if u get talent like a Ray Ray Armstrong and he doesnt perform here......your telling me an NFL HC will bring him into their peaks? So y is it when our players get drafted they still suck? we got a ton of players who went to a number of different coaches around the league and they still are ordinary players. So which is it though???? because if a player is ok here and gets drafted and hes secretly good.....wouldnt it show in the League?

My bad for the ramble im just confused about this
Its a mixture of both.

We bring in good college players. Not as much depth as bigger schools.

Coaching is bad enough to make good players average.

Advertisement
Fvck no it's not. That just means he's gonna take kids who have tons of potential and ruin their lives within 2 or 3 years tops. You have to develop the kids you sign. You have to coach kids up and have a clue of what you're doing. Recruiting is certainly necessary. But you gotta back that up with more than the talent they leave high school with. It's crazy people don't get this. Everyone thinks we missing on 90% of our classes. NO WE ARE NOT!!! It's we have coaches that don't know **** they talking about or how to suceed on this field.
Exactly. People point to, oh we’re getting two 5 stars. We have talent here already being ruined. 5 star pope, hall, nesta, brooks etc. Every single talent here has busted or underwhelmed. They regress with each passing year. Shaq was better year 1 than 4. I regret being too harsh on Greg because he for sure would have regressed and played himself out of the first round playing for another year under Manny and co.

It’s insane that we have 3 LB coaches and it’s our worst position. THIS IS THE ROOM MANNY BUILT. Let’s ignore the fact that Manny is a gigantic beta that no players fear or opposing coaches respects. There is no bigger indictment than the LB room.

If A miami player lets name Jacory Harris and he does **** here and does nothing then goes to the NFL makes 9 pro bowls.....then and only then u can say yo he was under used at UM. Then the argument fits for me at least.
oliver vernon

jimmy graham

sam shields

You are smarter than this post. But it's standard when you all have no real answers.

I'll end our conversation here.
You’re only ending it because you’re about to get bodied by me. Just like you were in that top 15 thread. Maybe if the BOT knew a thing or 2 about football they wouldn’t hire a feeble minded, gimmicky coach who can’t figure out what a counter play is after seeing it 30 times.

Advertisement
I would take Freeze or Butch, give me evaluators who cheat and close. Dont give me the slogan BS coach speak.......perform at a high level and beat bama osu and Cu on the trail or stfu and leave. Thats what i want in a coach
Butch is too old but give me Freeze. People hate Miami anyway, might as well roll with it and bring in a piece of **** who will win. We could actually get him too (probably).....we could just show him the plethora of hookers he could call up in Miami.

Advertisement
Back