Warren Sapps tired

Do you people honsetly think that our defensive numbers haven't been getting used against us since November?

Still doesn't look good when a school legend and NFL HOF'er comes on the radio and trashes your DC.

I agree with what he said but I wish he would've waited a week.

Golden's timing of keeping his ****headed BFF is even worse timing w/r/t NSD and does infinitely more harm.

Advertisement
The man has every right to voice his opinion. He's just publicly saying what everyone says in private.

Al's inability to fire D'Onofrio is a legitimate concern for Cane Nation.

Golden inability?

27.jpeg

Disconcerting to say the least..

The constant negativity and bytching around the program right now is going to hurt IMO. Everyone needs to STFU and let it play out.

Yes, lets close our eyes and not say a word. Please keep feeding us utter BS about how everything is beautiful at Miami and trending up.

Advertisement
he just speaks his mind and it the honest truth. 2013 116 in fbs total defense pathetic, btw Miami of Ohio is ahead of us..............

former players that know what a defense actually is have no problem calling out Dorito and goldens crap D

on here PORSTERS blast fellow posters who wish to have spirited debates on it the obvious failures on D... lulz

lol @ people b*tching about timing or whatever...

Who gives a f8CK??

Dude is speaking the **** TRUTH..which one of our defensive commits will this affect??..NONE....The one i hope your thinking it hurts us with is who..Valentine...the kid that said this same thing over a month ago?..Lol that kid isnt dumb..he has plenty of sense and acknowledge what we as fans saw also...

Also i dont think Sapp personally went on qam to do it....But hes aguy if u ask a question, hes just going to give it to you blood raw...channing and Kup knew that and stated it before they brough t him on as the reason they wanted him on because he is very honest in interviews.

*Now P-Buch's beef....is somewhat because of the sorryness of our defense but i think its some other stuff in their as Golden and Comp didnt recruit his lil brother back after he committed to us and prepped..they just let him go..maybe he has some resentment to al from that...but i respect those guys opinion as they both put in work on greentree....and pretty much rep for us for the most part nationally and locally.

Ok, if we are playing this game, let's be balanced. Sean Spence and Jordan Futch disagree with Sapp:

“He’s one of the best defensive coordinators I’ve been around as far as planning and getting ready for a game,” said former UM linebacker Sean Spence, who played under Bill Young as a freshman and then John Lovett as a sophomore and junior.

Spence was Miami’s leading tackler in 2011 when D’Onofrio’s defense featured five current NFL players (Spence, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Olivier Vernon, Ray-Ray Armstrong and Brandon McGee) and finished 17th nationally in points allowed (20.1) and 45th in total defense (359.9). Spence said Miami’s woes are not related to scheme.

“A lot of times it does look like a lot of busted coverages and that has nothing to do with coaching at all,” Spence said. “D’Onofrio is a very patient coach who is going to take time with you to make sure everybody knows what they’re doing.

“It’s a great system to be in. He runs a lot of zone, switches it up and also runs a lot of man, and has a lot of nice blitz packages. It’s similar to a lot of the stuff run up here with the Steelers. It’s hard to say it’s his fault. The coaches [have] to coach and the players [have] to play.”

http://www.chatsports.com/miami-hurricanes/a/Two-former-Miami-Hurricanes-defenders-say-problem-is-players-not-Mark-Dx92Onofrio-0-8848666

Advertisement
Warren Sapp dropping truth bombs.

It's ******* repulsive that Dorito still walks the halls in Coral Gables.

Ok, if we are playing this game, let's be balanced. Sean Spence and Jordan Futch disagree with Sapp:

“He’s one of the best defensive coordinators I’ve been around as far as planning and getting ready for a game,” said former UM linebacker Sean Spence, who played under Bill Young as a freshman and then John Lovett as a sophomore and junior.

Spence was Miami’s leading tackler in 2011 when D’Onofrio’s defense featured five current NFL players (Spence, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Olivier Vernon, Ray-Ray Armstrong and Brandon McGee) and finished 17th nationally in points allowed (20.1) and 45th in total defense (359.9). Spence said Miami’s woes are not related to scheme.

“A lot of times it does look like a lot of busted coverages and that has nothing to do with coaching at all,” Spence said. “D’Onofrio is a very patient coach who is going to take time with you to make sure everybody knows what they’re doing.

“It’s a great system to be in. He runs a lot of zone, switches it up and also runs a lot of man, and has a lot of nice blitz packages. It’s similar to a lot of the stuff run up here with the Steelers. It’s hard to say it’s his fault. The coaches [have] to coach and the players [have] to play.”

http://www.chatsports.com/miami-hurricanes/a/Two-former-Miami-Hurricanes-defenders-say-problem-is-players-not-Mark-Dx92Onofrio-0-8848666

The are biased. They played for the coaches. Spence has dreams of playing in nfl and you dont say certain stuff anyway.

This is a program that was so inept at one point the football team was considering being dropped altogether.

The fact that Doritos fielded the worst defense in school history should be enough to get him fired.

Advertisement

Who is Jordan Futch?

Hard to argue with him there. Golden has a lot of work ahead of him and he'd better hope the defense gets better.

The fact that Spence said...dude runs a bunch of nice blitz packages was all i needed to know....in this WHOLE time hes been here...it may have been one or 2 blitzes TOTAL that i thought were solid calls...and they both were ...CORNER blitzes.

Spence was playing nice and didnt want to dog his former coach...considering he still has to see him when he works out @ the u and generally kind of has to respect hima bit....

When u have alot of busted coverages and your THREE years in...it pretty much means...your not a good coach @ explaining whatever it is that your guys are suppose to be doing. ...and you suck as a coach...this is actually Magnified when your a Douche, and a smart *** that doesnt give your players much of leeway. You start to get guys that are not buying into the scheme...and u get what we got down the stretch on our d.....

which was my main grounds that he should of been exiled...i honestly dont think the guys on our current d want to play for him...

Whats even scarier for me is..............................It's actually Golden's d, and the only sh*t he knows.....Good lord Parcells is ruining both of my football teams from the root...GOLDEN/No Frio are directly under Al Groh (Parcells) a guy who has gotten fired and burnt to ashes in the acc for years.

I could only hope we just sign the Tracy Howard's, Deon Bush's, Jamla Carter's, Chad Tomas's and Travonte Valentine's of the world

Last edited:
Advertisement
The constant negativity and bytching around the program right now is going to hurt IMO. Everyone needs to STFU and let it play out.

Yes, lets close our eyes and not say a word. Please keep feeding us utter BS about how everything is beautiful at Miami and trending up.

Then tell me what does it accomplish?
He's here, he's not going anywhere anytime soon, so tell me what does it accomplish?

Then tell me what does it accomplish?
He's here, he's not going anywhere anytime soon, so tell me what does it accomplish?

Maybe, just maybe, if Golden hears this enough and it starts to cost him recruits and it brings heat from above, he'll make a change.

Sapp and Phillip both speak the truth and i agree with everything that was said or tweeted but i just don't see how this helps build the program back up. If anything it hurts by bringing more negative attention to the program. I was praying that Golden would leave so we could get Butch back but he didn't. So for the time being he is still our coach and love him or hate him we should want to see the program back on top. Giving bulletin board material to our enemies to help recruit against us does not help. Why not go to campus and help the DLine guys with their technique or show them what type of work ethic will get them to the next level.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for the best. I think what's best for everybody is to have a decent year on d hopefully with a little talent upgrade and god willing some tactical adjustments. Coach d gets a ****** job elsewhere and we all move on. I get a bad feeling about the situation though.

It's hard to hold the players accountable when the coaches aren't being held accountable. Undermines the whole program. I feel bad for guys like jamal carter riding pine while we have those problems at safety and dudes running open all over the place.

Advertisement
Back