Warren Sapp's Mt Rushmore of U players

Advertisement
Sean Taylor, and then we can argue about everyone else. But Sean Taylor HAS to be on your list.

Advertisement
Define criteria.

CFB impact - Major awards / CFB HOF (Hendricks, Reed, Maryland, Testaverde, Toretta, Sapp, E. Brown, Wayne, D. Smith, Barrow, McKinnie, Searcy, Be. Blades, Morgan, Dorsey, Kosar, Kelly, J. Brown, S. Taylor)
Brand impact - qualitative (TV: Irvin, Lewis, Reed, Sapp, JJ + Howard, J. Brown, S. Taylor)
NFL impact - NFL HOF (Kelly, Otto, Reed, Lewis, Hendricks, Sapp, Kennedy, Otto, Irvin, Edge, Kelly, Gore shortly ... maybe Wayne, AJ, Wilfork, Hester)

Were you born after 1990?
No. I wasn't. Sean Taylor is the greatest player in Hurricane football history. IMO, of course. You are free to disagree, of course, but hopefully I don't have to be "stupid" or "an idiot" which would be typical behavior of CIS poster disagreements.

No. I wasn't. Sean Taylor is the greatest player in Hurricane football history. IMO, of course. You are free to disagree, of course, but hopefully I don't have to be "stupid" or "an idiot" which would be typical behavior of CIS poster disagreements.
You can be whatever you want. When you call yourself names, have at it.

I am a huge ST fan, but that comment doesn't square at all with UM history. He didn't start on a title team. He played 2 seasons of impact ball. He's not in the college football hall of fame or the pro football hall of fame. He didn't win a major award.

No one seems to remember Bennie Blades anymore, though his name is U.M. royalty. Blades was a 2x first team all american, Thorpe award winner, led the D on a national championship team and is in the College Football Hall of Fame.

Ed Reed was 2x All American and led D on natty team, and also is in the CFB HOF, along with the NFL HOF.

I personally think ST was the best college defensive player I've ever seen. But from a U.M. history and brand perspective, don't see how he's top 4.

Advertisement
Ted Hendricks
George Mira Sr.
Jim Kelly
Bernie Kosar
Vinnie Testaverde

UM needs a couple of Mt. Rushmores.

And I haven't even mentioned coaches.
Glad you stuck the matador in there..He’s my guy and he played HS with My uncle....I was great friends with his Dad Jimmy who ran his pizza place called Pizza Huddle...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nope, Ted Hendricks is the only one that should be consensus. It's difficult who of the others don't make the remaining three.
There is no way you can leave Ed Reed off that team. I personally think Irvin ans Hendricks belong on it but can make the argument against either based on how the criteria is defined. On almost any criteria Reed is in.

My Top 4...
Hendricks
Jerome
Irvin
Kelly
Ok. Threw me of with Jim but again no wrong answer to this. My 4 only has Hendricks and Irvin as the definitive choices but man u cant go wrong with Jerome, ST26, Reed and/or Ray, to this list. My last 2 if someone put a gun to my head would be ST26 and Reed and even then i might take the bullet cause again id change my mind afterwards.

Advertisement
Back