Warren Sapp UM highlights

**** man really? I remember him stepping in for an injured Robert Bass against Colorado in 93 and making every tackle for the next few seasons.

Challenge, recall 2 impact plays Ray made at UM, he was real solid AT UM, in the national championship game against Nebraska he was getting pushed back consistently. He plays real well at UM, but not UM Great!

Advertisement
Challenge, recall 2 impact plays Ray made at UM, he was real solid AT UM, in the national championship game against Nebraska he was getting pushed back consistently. He plays real well at UM, but not UM Great!

He did house that pick against Buttgers!

Honorable mention: Nate Webster, Mo Crum

He did house that pick against Buttgers!

Honorable mention: Nate Webster, Mo Crum

You got %50, he'll Nate and crum made more high impact plays at UM than Ray did, Ray consistently made tackles. Several coaches back in the day at UM didnt think Ray was that good in college, let alone start. But Ray always gave maximum effort. Have you ever heard any UM player refer to Ray Lewis as one of the best UM players of all time while he was at UM, it's not gone happen. But he was always a fighter on that field!

Advertisement
Dan Morgan was the most decorated linebacker in UM history and has ridiculous numbers while @ UM...

I think Eddie Edwards could be in there at DE.

Need another guy from an earlier era on the list, too.

ALL-TIME Canes D

DE Stubbs / Medearis
DT Sapp / Kennedy
DT Brown / Wilfork
DE Hendricks / Mark
LB Morgan / Armstead
LB Lewis / Barrow
LB Smith / Vilma
CB McNeil / Rolle
SS Reed / Blades
FS Taylor / Williams
CB Starks / Buchanon

Sapp was probably the most disruptive DT Miami has had.

Unblockable.

And clearly one of the most disruptive in the NFL, too.

I don't recall that.

At all.

You do know he was an AA as a soph and a junior, yes?

He would've been the first 3x AA since Stork if he hadn't left early for the pros.

You got %50, he'll Nate and crum made more high impact plays at UM than Ray did, Ray consistently made tackles. Several coaches back in the day at UM didnt think Ray was that good in college, let alone start. But Ray always gave maximum effort. Have you ever heard any UM player refer to Ray Lewis as one of the best UM players of all time while he was at UM, it's not gone happen. But he was always a fighter on that field!

Advertisement
Name these several coach's that thought Ray wasn't good at UM.....

I don't recall that.

At all.

You do know he was an AA as a soph and a junior, yes?

He would've been the first 3x AA since Stork if he hadn't left early for the pros.

That's nice, but the UM ray lewis is not starting on none or any of my UM teams. He might make 5th string!

Okay, pal.

It's obvious that you've hardly ever watched Miami football.

Maybe Miami of Ohio.

That's nice, but the UM ray lewis is not starting on none or any of my UM teams. He might make 5th string!

Okay, pal.

It's obvious that you've hardly ever watched Miami football.

Maybe Miami of Ohio.

If not about the hype, if you think ray Lewis was the best middle linebacker to play at UM than it's obvious you Truly don't know Hurricane football, he was dominant in the pro's, he wasn't that dominant in college. He racked up a lot of tackles for sure, but teams would run straight up the gut on us cause ray was always susceptible to those insde runs, college and pro's. He played well while at UM, so to be clear, are you saying ray lewis was the best middle linebacker to play at UM while at UM.

Advertisement
If not about the hype, if you think ray Lewis was the best middle linebacker to play at UM than it's obvious you Truly don't know Hurricane football, he was dominant in the pro's, he wasn't that dominant in college. He racked up a lot of tackles for sure, but teams would run straight up the gut on us cause ray was always susceptible to those insde runs, college and pro's. He played well while at UM, so to be clear, are you saying ray lewis was the best middle linebacker to play at UM while at UM.
Stupidity isn't the word for this F-ing Gem....

Sapp was an absolute freak. Probably the fastest DT off the snap I’ve ever seen. He could run down running backs and scrambling quarterbacks from behind. He was freakishly strong and was a smart player too. You can see in some highlights where he’s initially stoned by the double team but he sees where the ball carrier is headed, creates space and makes the play still.

His personal life is another story. The guy is a prick and is notoriously cheap. I guess that’s what happens when you’re broke.

Sapp is the reason Washington got the ball to start the first and second half. "We'll kick!" Washington gladly decided to receive the second half kick as well.

Advertisement
Sapp was an absolute freak. Probably the fastest DT off the snap I’ve ever seen. He could run down running backs and scrambling quarterbacks from behind. He was freakishly strong and was a smart player too. You can see in some highlights where he’s initially stoned by the double team but he sees where the ball carrier is headed, creates space and makes the play still.

I always thought Sapp was a hybrid DT/LB.

Dan Morgan was the most decorated linebacker in UM history and has ridiculous numbers while @ UM...
I have a Dan Morgan Panthers jersey.

Loved the guy, but his reckless way of tackling shortened his career dramatically. The second best LB I've ever seen line up for the Panthers though.

Advertisement
Back